Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Banned
Location: Illinois, Alberta, Canada, Thailand, Space, Groundling Marsh, Manhattan, Man Hat Ton
ArrowX sucks
Old Jun 16th, 2004, 10:24 AM       
Because he hadn't BEEN to the undervese.
Royal Tenenbaum is probably a spambot
Old Jun 16th, 2004, 04:39 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by AChimp
Sissy Boy Slap Party is a steaming pile of shit, and so is Guy Madden.

I might actually be offended if you knew anything, even remotely anything, about good movies.
Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old Jun 16th, 2004, 05:17 PM       
Sissy Boy Slap Party is not one of them.
Old Jun 16th, 2004, 06:19 PM       
What is bad about Sissy Boy Slap Party? All I see is an original idea, done in a very funny way. Are you threatened by the slapping? The fact the director is from our city only makes it cooler in my opinion, but, still, it's a quality short, comedy film. Madden's newest feature, Saddest Music in the World, is also excellent and has been reviewed very well. So, go see that instead of your overtly homoerotic action films that everyone knows are complete shit.
Resident Chimp
Old Jun 16th, 2004, 06:41 PM       
Sissy Boy Slap Party is devoid of any substance. It has no value. It's only purpose is to be wierd and different for the sake of being weird and different.

It's as if the director stood up and said, "Look at the piece of shit that I can make, that you will all think is great, because I am calling it ART. I filmed it on a camera I found at a garage sale to symbolize the fact that you all suck. Don't forget to enter the contest in the lobby to win some of my used toilet paper."

It's funny that you criticize the action movies that I usually enjoy as "overtly homoerotic," and then place something like Sissy Boy Slap Party on a pedestal. So what, homoeroticism (OMG, Vin's head is like a penis! :O ) in Hollywood movies is bad, but when a nobody director makes a homoerotic art film, that makes it good?
Slim Goodbody
Supafly345 is probably a real personSupafly345 is probably a real person
Old Jun 16th, 2004, 08:16 PM       
This movie looks terrible. Most people will love it.
Old Jun 17th, 2004, 04:23 PM       
"Sissy Boy Slap Party is devoid of any substance. It has no value. It's only purpose is to be wierd and different for the sake of being weird and different."

Well, that's very untrue. It has value becuase it does illicit a response from the viewer, such as a response of "this is funny" from me and "this is useless and I'd rather jack-off to Vin Diesel" from you. Just the fact we are discussing the film, and it's merit or lack there off, shows I find value in it. One man's treasure is another man's gold as the saying goes, it just so happens your treasure is a banal, cliche action film whereas mine is a original, albeit silly, comedy film.
Resident Chimp
Old Jun 17th, 2004, 04:57 PM       
It is not a comedy, but it is a joke; a joke that the director has played on all of you that measure the contrast level between frames and pat each other on the back for making grainy VHS bootlegs of cinematics turds from the past.

The old man goes off to buy condoms to symbolize that the film is sodomizing your intellect and your taste.
Näyttelijäbotti!
Pub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty ok
Old Jun 17th, 2004, 04:59 PM       
You are such a fag, SnakeASS.
Old Jun 17th, 2004, 10:18 PM       
Ha, yes, that is exactly what it is, Achimp. Seriously, how could someone that has an appreciation for silly-as-fuck comedy, which is what Sissy Boy Slap Party is, be such an ignorant douche on the issue. I guess when the film could be interpreted as "art" by some it is too threatening for you. I mean, how fucking important is a short piece of a surrealistic, irreverent film? It just is what it is, doesn't take itself fucking serious, and has some fun. You, on the other hand, must have a splintering stick up your ass whilst it is playing. :/
Resident Chimp
Old Jun 17th, 2004, 10:57 PM       
How is it threatening me? Does it jump out of the screen and threaten to beat me with a stick? Ooh, you're referring to the "content," which consists solely of a solid four minutes of shirtless men slapping each other. I'm not threatened by it in the least; I think it's completely retarded and pointless, though.

You're fond of saying that the LoTR trilogy is "too long," well that's exactly what Sissy Boy Slap Party is. In fact, it's 3:30 minutes too long. Any point that the director was trying to make could have been accomplished in 30 seconds of slapping. In the end it becomes repetitive, boring and a complete farce of the indie film industry: "I will make shit, the film elitists will claim to love it and they will give me money." A classic example of the emperor's new clothes manifesting in the real world.

I'd be willing to bet that taxpayers' money contributed in some way to the making of Sissy Boy Slap Party - albeit through grants or subsidies to local crews - which is a tragedy, plain and simple.

Quote:
It just is what it is, doesn't take itself fucking serious, and has some fun.
Which is exactly what Chronicles of Riddick is. I've already stated that it doesn't pretend to be good. It only relies on action to move the plot forward, not the inner monologues and soliloquies that you seem to think are required in an action film in order to make it "good." In the end it succeeds at being entertaining because it doesn't pretend to be something that it isn't.

To be truly good, it would need Van Damme.

Anonymous is probably a spambot
Old Jun 17th, 2004, 11:21 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Tenenbaum
It has value becuase it does illicit a response from the viewer, such as a response of "this is funny" from me and "this is useless and I'd rather jack-off to Vin Diesel" from you. Just the fact we are discussing the film, and it's merit or lack there off, shows I find value in it.
So you value every movie that we've discussed on the boards, simply because they've been discussed and people have opinions about them?

Old Jun 18th, 2004, 12:22 AM       
Royal, are you aware that the One And Only is stealing your gimmick of being a moron that thinks he is the debate champion of the world?

Old Jun 20th, 2004, 04:42 PM       
Saw this last night. Some of the effects were pretty good, then some were downright awful and looked like Diesel himself got a hacked copy of Bryce and made some scary cats in it.

Though the bad CG sort of makes it feel like you're watching an early 90s action movie like Total Recall, which might have been what the director was going for with that crap. Diesel's great, and for some reason has the exact same diving punch that warriors such as Achilles and Johnny Cage also share. Arnold's one-liners worked because he was a badass but was being funny. Diesel's one-liners usually fall flat because he's a somewhat non-threatening guy trying to be a badass. I don't get why the director thought humorous lines should be carried out in the same fashion as telling someone their dad just died.

sports is probably a spambot
Old Jun 20th, 2004, 05:51 PM       
Quote:
To be truly good, it would need Van Damme.

Who's currently making his comeback film ''Kumite''. It's a bloodsport 5, except he's playing a different character in it.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Jun 21st, 2004, 11:31 PM       
vin diesal more like steven seagal lol