Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Oct 16th, 2006, 12:58 AM        NEW FEATURE: "THE MONSTER SQUAD!"
Here's my biggest movie feature in quite a while; The Monster Squad is one of those forgotten 80's gems that everybody needs to see. It's simply great on so many levels that your life will be incomplete until you watch it. The movie features all of your favorite classic Universal monsters: Dracula, Frankenstein, Wolfman, Creature from the Black Lagoon, and the Mummy. And they go head to head with a group of kids that give the Goonies a serious run for their money. I also included an extremely hard to find Monster Squad bonus at the end of the tribute. BOGUS!

NEW FEATURE: "THE MONSTER SQUAD!"
http://www.i-mockery.com/minimocks/monster-squad

Enjoy!
Puddle Pirate! ARRRR!
DamnthatDavid is probably a spambot
Old Oct 16th, 2006, 02:05 AM       
This was a great movie to watch when you where 8.

I seemed to have miss-remembered some parts of it though.
Like, somehow I believed it was the wolfman, not entirely dead, but un-cursed, who wrestled with Dracula into the vortex. Well... again, I blame my age.

This needs to be on DVD.
Mocker
zeldasbiggestfan suckszeldasbiggestfan sucks
Old Oct 16th, 2006, 07:43 AM       
I think I found a typo. "Instead, the amulet opens up a big swirling black vortex and before the girl is able to finish reading the passage which would presumably saving mankind, she gets sucked into the vortex" should be "Instead, the amulet opens up a big swirling black vortex and before the girl is able to finish reading the passage which would presumably save mankind, she gets sucked into the vortex."
Now with less sodium!

Immortal Goat is probably a spambot
Old Oct 16th, 2006, 08:39 AM       
congratulations you win the prize you're super cool now
Banned
Location: Illinois, Alberta, Canada, Thailand, Space, Groundling Marsh, Manhattan, Man Hat Ton
ArrowX sucks
Old Oct 16th, 2006, 08:57 AM       
Aye I remember this one fondly, I bought it from a garage sale back when I was like 9. I watched my old VHS copy to death.

Great piece!
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Oct 16th, 2006, 12:05 PM       
my folks had this on the same tape as spaceballs, so uh i only watched it once all the way through

snowwhite is probably a spambot
Old Oct 16th, 2006, 02:07 PM       
That movie was the top of the list of reasons I wanted to work at Stan Winston's. I totally agree, best Creature from the Black Lagoon design. And the dude IN the suit went on to start his own FX company... bringing you such crap as the Alien dog (which is that, Alien 3?) and the Green Goblin. Ah, Mr. Woodruff... the FX equivilent of an actor deciding he wants to direct.

I hope the petitioning effort pans out - it would be great to have it on DVD. When I had to track down a copy of the video for work it took over a week to find a copy that wasn't used. That should tell them something...
I hate this hacker crap!
MarioRPG is probably a real personMarioRPG is probably a real person
Old Oct 16th, 2006, 02:50 PM       
After seeing the review I agree that it should be on DVD.

LOVE, YOUR FIJIAN HOST DAD
Ancient Mariner
Grislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contestGrislygus won the popularity contest
Old Oct 16th, 2006, 05:03 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowwhite
... bringing you such crap as the Alien dog (which is that, Alien 3?)
Off topic and for the record, I thoroughly oppose any notions that Alien 3 was crap. Alien 3 was good, but incomparable to the previous two. Calling Alien 3 crap puts it in the same league as Resurrection, which is completely unfair.

Off the record and back on topic, I had an opportunity to buy the Monster Squad on VHS for three bucks a year ago, and I passed.
I hate this hacker crap!
MarioRPG is probably a real personMarioRPG is probably a real person
Old Oct 16th, 2006, 08:10 PM       
Oh, uh... Rog...
Quote:
Dear Valued Consumer:

Thank you for your email. We appreciate your interest in Sony Pictures Home Entertainment (SPHE) products.

The Title you requested information for is not a Sony Pictures Home Entertainment Title. Please consult the Internet Movie Data Base at www.imdb.com for the ""official"" name of the Studio and/or Production Company. Kindly direct your queries to the correct Studio and/or Production Company office directly.

Please stay tuned to http://www.sonypictures.com or the website http://www.imdb.com/ for additional information regarding upcoming Sony Pictures Home Entertainment releases.

Register at http://www.sonypictures.com/jspin2/jsp/spn/index.jsp to receive our exclusive newsletter via email that will inform you on all upcoming motion picture and home entertainment releases.

Also, please check in regularly with your local retailers to see what's new in store!

Thank you for your continued patronage of Sony Home Entertainment Products and for taking the time to contact us.

Regards,

SPHE Consumer Affairs Team 2

LOVE, YOUR FIJIAN HOST DAD
Banned

Juttin is probably a spambot
Old Oct 16th, 2006, 08:51 PM       
It's very obvious what happened.

Somebody went back in time, and, KILLED THIS MOVIE
Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Oct 16th, 2006, 10:33 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarioRPG
Oh, uh... Rog...
"TriStar Pictures, Inc. (spelled Tri-Star until 1991) is a subsidiary of Columbia Pictures, itself a subdivision of the Columbia TriStar Motion Picture Group, which is owned by Sony Pictures. It was founded in 1982."

That Sony clearly doesn't know what he/she is talking about. Monster Squad was a 1987 TriStar (Tri-Star) release) and that company is now owned by Sony Pictures. It's probably just not in their catalog of planned releases so they sent you a generic form letter. Still, there's more that can be done if Sony is ignoring the requests...

You can apparently also send letters to Viacom via snail mail at:

Mr. Sumner M. Redstone
Viacom
1515 Broadway
New York, NY 10036

AND/OR email them at: nonmanagementdirectors@viacom.com

Please help and make your voice heard so we can get this movie finally released on DVD.
Ass Happy
Yggdrasill sucks
Old Oct 17th, 2006, 12:37 AM       
I remember wanting to rent this when I was a kid but my dad said it might be too scary, and I remember thinking "when I have kids i'm going to let them do what they want."

Thanks for the recovered memory and awesome piece Mockery.

mrxisasniper is probably a spambot
Old Oct 17th, 2006, 02:32 AM       
i never realized it before, but the guy who plays wolf man (before he turns into a wolf) is uncle rico from napoleon dynamite
Ringmonster
J. Tithonus Pednaud is probably a spambot
Old Oct 18th, 2006, 10:38 AM       
Why don't they make movies like this anymore?

Moster Squad is one of my all time favs and I still watch it once every couple of months. In the 80's there were so many more entertaining films - Monster Squad, Weird Science, even My Science Project.

Even crap like Misfits of Science was fun, if technically piss poor in the FX, acting, plot department

"Amelia!!!"

Anyway, all awesome and fun films.
Banned
Location: Illinois, Alberta, Canada, Thailand, Space, Groundling Marsh, Manhattan, Man Hat Ton
ArrowX sucks
Old Oct 18th, 2006, 07:28 PM       
My Science project is the one where the kid finds the time machine in that military impound. Then turns it on and then theres a like soldiers from Vietnam fighting dinosaurs and stuff right?
Ringmonster
J. Tithonus Pednaud is probably a spambot
Old Oct 22nd, 2006, 10:32 PM       
Indeed it is - Denis Hopper is in it too, if I recall.