Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Fartin's biggest fan
Perndog is probably a spambot
Old Jan 23rd, 2004, 04:55 PM        White people aren't allowed to be African
Brought to you courtesy of the www.personalsatan.com message boards.

============
http://www.theomahachannel.com/educa...24/detail.html

Student Caught In Racial Controversy
Flyers Promote White Student For African-American Award

POSTED: 6:39 AM CST January 22, 2004
UPDATED: 11:59 AM CST January 22, 2004

OMAHA, Neb. -- Four Westside High School students are suspended for promoting a white student for an African-American award.

More than 150 flyers were distributed throughout the school Monday. They featured junior Trevor Richards. A South African native who moved to the United States in 1997.

Westside officials say the flyers were were quickly removed because they were inappropriate and insensitive to black students.

Trevor said he is as African as anyone else.

"I had no intent of hurting anyone or offending anyone. I wasn't trying to make a statement. I was just running for the award, but i guess the administration felt differently," Richards said.

Richards was suspended for two days.

Two other students were disciplined for putting up the posters and another student was punished for starting a petition to promote Richards.
=============

On a related note...isn't it amusing that if you called a recipient of the United Negro College Fund a Negro he'd either kick your ass or sue you?
Will chop you good.
sspadowsky is probably a spambot
Old Jan 23rd, 2004, 05:41 PM       
We discussed this in my Black Culture class today. I work literally right down the street from the school where this is happening.

The kid is supposedly running for the award based on the claim that he is African-American, which is bullshit in all but the most technical sense. This kid is no more African-American than I am the Queen of Armenia. It's bullshit, and it is insulting. It's an award to recognize an outstanding black student in the school, and it's awarded in February, during Black History Month.

Omaha is a pretty racially divided city, so of course some whit parents are all in an uproar over this. This shithead grew up with a privileged life in a segregated society. To try and call himself African-American in any way other than jokingly, is an insult to real African-American people who have been through a hell of a lot worse than he. This kid is a prick. Fuck him.
Mocker

Abcdxxxx is probably a spambot
Old Jan 23rd, 2004, 06:14 PM       
Black Culture class huh? Is that what they're calling Anger Management class these days?
The Center Square
Brandon is probably a spambot
Old Jan 23rd, 2004, 06:28 PM       
I'm with spad on this one. This kid sounds like a smug little prick.

"LET'S GET SOME JOLLIES BY FUCKING AROUND WITH AN AWARD FOR BLACK STUDENTS. THAT'LL TEACH THOSE ******S!"

Little piece of shit.
Will chop you good.
Old Jan 23rd, 2004, 06:44 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abcdxxxx
Black Culture class huh? Is that what they're calling Anger Management class these days?
Hahahaha! Oh, I forget, you're just so fucking Zen. Calm and placid as a Minnesota lake on a windless spring day, so you are.
Mocker

Old Jan 23rd, 2004, 08:04 PM       
Uh, Spad? You said the class was being taught in a racially divided area right? So a Black Culture class would be in part to teach tolerance, and explore the history and culture in depth right? The need for that in itself is a bit insulting. I take it for granted by living in a large ethnically diverse city, that Black Culture is everywhere, and been a huge influence to America in a way that should be easily recognizable. So really these kind of classes are geared towards preventing ignorance and hatred. Anger Management.

I have a lovely temper but I'm very cultured.
Slim Goodbody
Supafly345 is probably a real personSupafly345 is probably a real person
Old Jan 23rd, 2004, 08:04 PM       
This is more a fight over the term "African American." Seeing how you simply cannot deny that a large percentage of african-americans are not black. Sure, we all know this kid was just trying to stir things up because he felt obligated to test the system when given the opportunity, but he really is shining some much needed light on the publically deemed "politically correct" term for blacks. This is is stressed even more by the fact that not all blacks are african-american, and they are usually upset when labeled as such.
The controversey should really be over the term, and not the kid.
Blacks are blacks. I don't hear whites being called "European-Americans" after all.
Will chop you good.
Old Jan 23rd, 2004, 08:07 PM       
Abcd, I misunderstood your point, and took it as a personal attack. I sincerely apologize.

Your clarification makes sense, and yes, it is sad that there is a need for such a class. I think, however, that anyone who takes the class will benefit from it if they walk in with an open mind.
Mocker
The One and Only... is probably a spambot
Old Jan 23rd, 2004, 08:08 PM       
I think this a progression in the move toward a color-blind society.

King would be happy.
Fartin's biggest fan
Perndog is probably a spambot
Old Jan 23rd, 2004, 10:49 PM       
I for one think the label "African-American" is ridiculous in its current usage. What about Egyptians? Do people call them African-Americans? No. But their race has lived in Africa for 5,000 years.

That's kind of minor, though; the thing that really bothers me is that so many exclusive things are available for blacks (the aforementioned UNCF for one) but if anyone tried to set up a similar institution for European descendants, they'd get slammed for racism. I'm fine with exclusive racial stuff but it should be able to swing both ways. Belonging to a minority race doesn't in itself make one needier or more deserving of aid.
Mocker

Old Jan 23rd, 2004, 11:48 PM       
Well, look at California where Whites are indeed the minority, and some kids attempted to a start Caucasian clubs and got shut down.

On another note, I was shocked when I moved to NYC and found out my classmates who were all natives New Yorkers had never heard of the Black Panthers... but it's not like they knew who the White Panther party were either...or cared.

Spads - maybe my sense of humor is a bit exotic for you?
Mocker

Old Jan 23rd, 2004, 11:51 PM       
OAO - we're a loooooooong way from a color blind society, nor do I think that's always a particularly bad thing. as stupid as a black culture class or a african american club might be... i bet they're a lot of fun!!!! i love diverse cultures.
Slim Goodbody
Supafly345 is probably a real personSupafly345 is probably a real person
Old Jan 24th, 2004, 01:34 AM       
The caucasian club did not get shut down, they won their right to have it claiming that the prevention of it was reverse-racism.

But to what pern said, yes, blacks are given too much these days. They are taking for granted all the hard work that their fathers and grandfathers did to gain equality, by abusing it and requiring nothing less than generous hand outs. Our system is very tending to blacks, it is the other minorities that are getting rammed up the ass. Blacks are only, what, 13 percent of our population? And yet nearly 70% of minority benefits are going to them. Go figure.
Now I am definetly one to go slamming blacks, I respect their ancestors for what they did to get equality. But today's blacks are riding the wave of shame in our government and drowning us with it.

We are on our way to a colorblind society, it just may not be noticable since we haven't been fully concious observers long enough. When we were kids it wasn't this relaxed between races, we just didn't notice.
It really isn't that hard to notice. In some cities, such as Seattle (where I live), there is practically nonexistant tensions between races, its only the out-of-towners that cause that. In fact, I am really quite the stranger to racism outside of industrial. Most of the girls I have dated in even have been either full or part black.
Maybe a colorblind society isn't that far off.
Puddle Pirate! ARRRR!
DamnthatDavid is probably a spambot
Old Jan 24th, 2004, 03:53 AM       
The problem with being colorblind, is that you still only see in Black and white.

I wrote an article in my High School's Newspaper a long while back. I recived death threats for it.

Quote:
Why? Why can I not express the pride in myself? I see others going around yelling Asian Pride, Black Pride, Hispanic Pride, but if I stood up and yelled White Pride I would be beaten black and blue. I would be labeled as a racist.
Why can I not stant up and proclaim German pride without being called a facist Nazi? I see all these people, whining and complaing about ill treatment in the past. "We were treated bad, we were kept as slaves." That's bad and all, but its in the past.
Look through history and you will see that every race has been treated badly.
Germany at one time was over run with Roman suppressors, with the men and women starved, slaughtered, taken as slaves, and the women raped. Unlike others, I do not go around complaing about this. I have never tried to sue the government of Italy for the woes of the past. This reparation for the blacks for the enslavement of their ancestors is not even supported by the majority of the country. 75% of Americans oppose the idea. last time I checked, that's alot. It is in the past, and you can't do anything about it, but some people try.
Where does this hate come from? I personally never did anything. My family has never done anything, so why must I worry about the taboo's of the past?

I heard something funny in class just a while ago. A Pacific Islander girl was telling her friend how she would never buy Girl Scout cookies from a white girl, and only from Asians and other Islander descendents. What the hell?!?!
Reading the history, there is no reason for this racist remark.
White countrys have never held a major military campaign to conquer the islands. They where welcomed in.
In fact, the only country ever to try to conquer most of the Pacific Ocean was Imperialist Japan during WW2.
I see these idiotic remakrs, and I wonder just how many people are paying attention in history.

My point is, all races have had it bad at one time or another. So stop complaing or being selective in your hate. If you going to hate anyone, hate yourself. For you are the ones continuing to keep the past alive, and not looking toward the future.
I found it funny how the races of my school was split. I got more angry replys from wiggers then from anyone else. I had blacks come up to me and tell me that it was a good article.
The Center Square
Brandon is probably a spambot
Old Jan 24th, 2004, 04:08 AM       
You know what? I'd agree with these statements if the average black child was born into the same situation as the average white child.

It's easy to complain about "minority benefits" when you grow up in suburbia.
Mocker

Old Jan 24th, 2004, 06:07 AM       
Supafly - You're wrong. There is no Caucasian Club at Freedom High in Oakley, CA.. The NAACP cut it off, and the girl transfered schools because she was harrassed. http://www.washtimes.com/national/20...0259-3073r.htm

Students at another California school attempted it as a stunt , got shut down, and reprimanded when their charter had a White Supremacy slant to it.

First of all, check the stats on Hispanics recieving assistance, and you'll see how off your numbers are. Your comments about Blacks are pure insanity. Today's Blacks are a mixed bag just like any other community, and they're not collectively riding any "waves". While I'd be the first one to spot an affirmative action case a mile away, the majority of Blacks have had to work their asses off against a system that is less then accomodating.

Most Black communities are non-existant or dwindling in major cities due to reverse White flight. The Black communities are up and leaving because they don't feel comfortable anymore. There's even a huge movement to return to the plantation South! Blacks aren't seen as "exotic" or culturally challenged minorities, but that doesn't mean they're not victims of a system that wasn't designed to work in their favor. The majority of all Black neighborhoods are still filled with liquor stores, and churches. Why is that?

Art - Suburbia doesn't mean you're priviledged, nor does being born to a White family. Some of the most rural poverty in this country is in the predominantly White areas of the Appallachia.
The Goddamned Batman
Protoclown is probably a spambot
Old Jan 24th, 2004, 10:14 AM       
My roommate and I were watching some sci-fi show or something, and he referred to one of the characters as African-American. I can't remember what we were watching, so let's just say he called Lando Calrissian African-American.

NOW ISN'T THAT SILLY?
Mocker
Old Jan 24th, 2004, 12:52 PM       
I don't care about a colorblind society. I just care about a colorblind government.
Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old Jan 24th, 2004, 02:32 PM       
Those two things are not mutually exclusive, you stupid twat.
Mocker

Old Jan 24th, 2004, 05:50 PM       
Chimps right, at this point if our Government didn't recognize the "special needs" of minorities, it wouldn't go so well.
Mocker
Ant10708 is probably a spambot
Old Jan 24th, 2004, 06:23 PM       
Its just reverse racism to say that a white south arfican who is now an american is not allowed to be called an african american. Hes has african roots and is now an american. African American.
Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old Jan 24th, 2004, 07:02 PM       
He's taking advantage of a technicality to try to land an award that's obviously meant to be given to someone who's black. I was born here, does that mean I should go around calling myself a Native American?
Stone Pants Rabbit
Cosmo Electrolux is probably a spambot
Old Jan 24th, 2004, 07:18 PM       
you're north of the border..so technically, you're a canuck. You should eat back bacon and drink Elsinore beer and wear a retarded hat with ear flaps....
Mocker
Old Jan 24th, 2004, 07:42 PM       
You have a very narrow view of what constitutes America. If I'm not mistaken, Canada is considered a part of (suprise!) North America.
derrida is probably a spambot
Old Jan 24th, 2004, 08:01 PM       
I don't think the student in question really qualifies as African so long as there's a semantic distinction between Americans and African Americans. Considering his descent from the minority white population in South Africa, he should more adequately be referred to as a European-African or a Boer, hyphenated into European-African-American or Boer-American.

MLK was a strong advocate of affirmative action, OAO.