Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Asspunch McGruf
Skulhedface is probably a spambot
Old Mar 20th, 2003, 12:13 AM        OK so here's the deal...
Well, OK, as some of you may know, me and my girlfriend of two years broke up last week. I mentioned it in passing because I'm not the type that needs to announce it, I'm not the type of person to dwell on something, I feel that instead of bitching and whining about it, the only way to come out of it a better person is to deal with it. No one can do it for you, you have to get through it yourself, and that's why I didn't feel like it was necessary to bring it up except when needed (ie the only other thread I DID bring it up in)

Well, that would be the end of it, but it WAS a bad breakup, and it would have been MUCH worse if I hadn't handled it like an ADULT, and told her that I was VERY angry at her, but if that's what she felt she needed to do in life, and because I still love her (this is the first girl I can ever truly say I LOVED) then as much as it may bother me, I'll support it.

A little backstory is necessary... Last Wednesday, we'd gotten into a little argument, but because we both had a little alcohol in our systems, it escalated into a fullon screaming match, ending with her deciding she needed to go home, so she got one of her guy friends to take her home, and she was STUBBORN, no matter how much I tried to say "Look, I'll take you home" she wanted to leave without me. Well, about halfway to her house apparently, his car broke down and considering her house is a good 15 miles from the bar and that she was deadset on going home, she started walking. Well, he decided he'd walk with her too so he use the phone at her house. With a walk that long they did some talking, which led to what happened the next day.

She calls me and tells me that we should break up, that we had an AMAZING run together but we just couldn't be together anymore. I asked her why, and she said after that talk she realized that we were great together, but we weren't RIGHT for each other. So, being emotional for the moment, the first thing I asked was "Did you dump me for him?" and all she could say was "I'm sorry." I had enough time to tell her that I was PISSED OFF about it but ultimately I was happy for her. She said she still wanted to be friends but I told her she would have to wait until my anger was gone, because I was too pissed at her to be friends with her yet.

Flash forward to about half an hour ago. She shows up here to get her stuff. Other than the fact that she's talking about how she's MOVING IN with this guy now, she acts like NOTHING HAPPENED. She started hugging me, kissing me, acting like we did before, except she was getting her stuff, and all that did was confuse the hell out of me.

We're not getting back together. But all I know is, now I'm as lost as ever on the subject of females. I know some of you might be thinking "Ahh well she's a bitch anyway" but I know for a FACT that until we broke up, she never cheated on me, and the only lies she told were the little white variety. It just surprises me that her whole mindset changed because a friend of hers that gave her a ride more or less SEDUCED her. I'm just happy that it happened now instead of later if it was meant to happen.

Anyway, that was just put up as a way to get it off my chest. I never believed in looking for pity because simply it's counterproductive, because no one can hold your hand and get you through life's backhands, you need to take care of life's big changes on your own. So I posted this more or less because I find it relieving to get it off my chest even if I get slammed for it, and because now I can say that I am officially just as confused about women as everyone else now. But ultimately, this was put up as entertainment, a good read, so if you enjoyed it then good. If you feel the need to slam me for it or to accuse me of seeking pity, well do it if you feel like it, but I know that's not the deal so it won't bother me any. If anything, I just thought it'd make for an interesting read, otherwise I wouldn't have put it here. And if I wanted to whine, well I could've done that in a LiveJournal now couldn't I?

This is the last you'll hear of it unless someone responds in this thread with a question. So, moving along... Time to get into a good mood again.

Anonymous is probably a spambot
Old Mar 20th, 2003, 12:33 AM       
I probably wouldn't have handled it that 'well' at all, but I'm not sure any congratulations is in order over it, as I don't think it was necessarily the 'right' thing to do. If she doesn't have the decency to try to work out any issues she's had with you after being together for two whole years, I don't think you deserve her or her new boyfriend any decency in return. But that remains strictly my opinion.

Here's where I started to tell a story about my girlfriend and the guy she'd seen for two years, but it really is private information. If you're still interested, PM me about it and I'll share, but it doesn't belong on a public forum.

I do identify with what your problems would be like and feel sorry that anyone (save CaptainRobo) should have to go through it. Even an unfunny mong like you.
The Goddamned Batman
Protoclown is probably a spambot
Old Mar 20th, 2003, 12:35 AM        Re: OK so here's the deal...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skulhedface
This is the last you'll hear of it unless someone responds in this thread with a question.
You know when you're doing laundry and after you pull all your clothes from the dryer, and you're missing ONE sock?? You put it IN the dryer, but it doesn't come back OUT! Where did that crazy sock go?
Asspunch McGruf
Old Mar 20th, 2003, 12:38 AM       
Proto... Sock gnomes. Plain and simple. I'm not making this up. A comic strip told me so.
The Goddamned Batman
Protoclown is probably a spambot
Old Mar 20th, 2003, 12:46 AM       
According to "The Family Guy", they go to Narnia.

WHO TO BELIEVE
Asspunch McGruf
Old Mar 20th, 2003, 12:49 AM       
I would've gone with Family Guy but I never saw that episode
But Narnia's not a bad answer.
The Unseen is probably a spambot
Old Mar 20th, 2003, 06:34 AM       
Is that where the lion the witch and the wardrobe is?
Mocker

Helm is probably a spambot
Old Mar 20th, 2003, 08:49 AM       
Fuck you
ineffable

sadie is probably a spambot
Old Mar 20th, 2003, 09:03 AM       
okay. :P
Mocker

kellychaos is probably a spambot
Old Apr 4th, 2003, 10:34 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoclown
According to "The Family Guy", they go to Narnia.

WHO TO BELIEVE
Sometimes the socks get to the little street light near the door to Narnia and find there way back to our dimension ... but the door back isn't in the dryer. I hope that helped.

Wherever you go, there you are.
Mocker
Jixby Phillips is probably a spambot
Old Apr 4th, 2003, 04:22 PM       
*AHEM*
Queen of the Beasts
Jeanette X is probably a spambot
Old Apr 4th, 2003, 11:35 PM       
I'm sorry Skulhedface. Break-ups are never easy. Hope you're coping well.
Old Apr 4th, 2003, 11:37 PM       
Since I like you skulhedface,
I think you are doing perfectly well, the best thing to do in your case is to do what youre doing :thumbsup
Asspunch McGruf
Old Apr 4th, 2003, 11:58 PM       
Well children, there's more to this sordid saga, and since people are responding to it better than I thought, I guess I can let you guys in on a little more.

Since then... And this explains why my post count has sharply declined in the past few days, so it might be a good thing to some people She's been coming around a LOT more often... Eh, she cheated on the guy. With me. Do I feel bad about it? Actually, no. It felt right to me, I didn't talk her into it, actually, I said "You know I want to, so it's up to you" And yea. Anyway....

Well the past few days we've actually been spending a LOT more time together, she broke up with the new dude and has been over here almost all day every day. She keeps TALKING like we're together again but keeps letting me know "BUT I DON'T WANT TO DATE YOU AGAIN YET BECAUSE I WANT TO MAKE SURE I WON'T HURT YOU AGAIN." It doesn't stop her from holding my hand or kissing me or any of that, and it does boost my ego that she says that even though she is getting hit on when she does go out, that I am still the only guy she remains physically, emotionally, and sexually attracted to. So she goes on these friendly "dates" and doesn't even give them the courtesy of a kiss, she actually comes back to my house and sleeps with me (not sexually...well, not every time, people). Gah, am I letting myself be walked all over? She says she wants me back but wants to wait until she's SURE she won't hurt me again, she kisses ME and holds MY hands and lays in bed and snuggles with ME, but I find myself irked that she doesn't want it to be OFFICIAL, that she still insists on calling her little sojourns with other guys "dates" even though they don't even get the courtesy of a kiss....

Yea so I'm confused, which is the only reason I'm even asking for advice. So what the hell?
Old Apr 5th, 2003, 12:02 AM       
I guess she got tired of you Saw if anything else would work so she goes on these "friendly" dates Now she sees you were the best out of all of them but shes stalling to be 100% sure that youre the best
Asspunch McGruf
Old Apr 5th, 2003, 12:15 AM       
Actually, I'm not offended about the "tired" comment. We DID spend almost every second of every day for two years together. I suppose it happens to the best of us.
Old Apr 5th, 2003, 12:27 AM       
it wasnt meant to be offensive really....
but i guess it did really sound like that

If you spent that much time with her then i would have kill an animal if she broke up with me over that. You coped with it better than i thought you did, and i thought you coped very well
Asspunch McGruf
Old Apr 5th, 2003, 12:32 AM       
Well ultimately what was I to gain by throwing a tantrum of Feelevilesque proportions? I understand I am only human, and it would have made me feel better, but something about me is too hardheaded to take the easy way out.

The only major thing bugging me about this whole situation is, I'm starting to get impatient. She straight up told me to make sure I DIDN'T get over her because she was going to come back soon, but hell, the macho factor's kicking in. Either that, or impatience, like "EVERYTHING you say points to me, everything you DO points to me, what's to think about anymore?!?"

All I can do is hang in there for now.
Old Apr 5th, 2003, 12:35 AM       
If i was you some time in the next week when she would come over I would grab her by the shoulders, shake her furiously and be like "BITCH, what do you want from me?!??!?" just to vent confusion :/
Asspunch McGruf
Old Apr 5th, 2003, 12:37 AM       
I have a punching bag for that dude

A real man does not violently touch a woman. AT ALL.
Queen of the Beasts
Old Apr 5th, 2003, 12:37 AM       
I'd ditch her if I was in your shoes. You shouldn't have to put up with these stupid little games.
Old Apr 5th, 2003, 12:39 AM       
Not violently...just ya'know.....vigorously... not in a harsh or threatening way
Asspunch McGruf
Old Apr 5th, 2003, 12:39 AM       
well Jeanette, call me a hopeless romantic. The optimist in me wants to say if I wait long enough, it will pay off.

Something tells me that's why my patience has held on as long as it has though.

Alright, so the bottom line is, I DID try to move on, but damn the only date I've went on that wasn't with her, all I could see when I looked at her was my ex's face.

:/
Queen of the Beasts
Old Apr 5th, 2003, 12:52 AM       
You cant expect to start dating again right away. You need time to heal from a break up.

And I am a hopeless romantic too. I admit it. But I have to keep my romantic side tempered with reality.

Professor Cool is probably a spambot
Old Apr 5th, 2003, 12:53 AM       
are you sure she broke up with the guy

Something like this scenario happen to me, but it the turn of event, she wanted this guy, the guy was just looking for some sex, and so she had nowhere to go but back to me. She told me she dumped him for me, but after hearing from several people including her own friends, it was the exact opposite, the thing went to hell after that. And there was now two more bitter singles out there. Do I feel sorry for her, not really. Do I miss being with her, a little, i need the company...

This is what I have since I am too cheap to pay for a livejournal

"Professor Cool is Cool, yet unorganized," said one student