Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Sports & Health
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Mar 25th, 2011, 05:10 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Flagg View Post
Ythen you'd have to pick ALL the losers from the very beginning, and this would be an entirely different pool altogether. It might be fun to try it once (as a separate bracktbunch bracket?), to see who could come closest to obtaining zero points. Maybe next year ....
Would be an easier bracket to fill I think. Have all the 16s in your final four and call it a day

Or as I call it, Pub's bracket
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Mar 25th, 2011, 09:47 PM       
Half serious.
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Mar 25th, 2011, 10:50 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pentegarn View Post
Would be an easier bracket to fill I think. Have all the 16s in your final four and call it a day

Or as I call it, Pub's bracket
Obviously everyone would pick the 16 seeds in the final four, but then there's the little nuances that would make it interesting, such as this year with the guaranteed Sweet 16 spot for a 12 or 13 seed. We should try it next year :sports

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
Beloved Cunt
WhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty ok
Old Mar 25th, 2011, 11:04 PM       
Just make a rule that no one can pick a 16 and maybe only pick two 15s or something. It would be fun to see if it would work.
Beloved Cunt
WhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty okWhiteRat is probably pretty ok
Old Mar 26th, 2011, 12:05 AM       
Now that all of my Final Four teams are no longer in the tournement, I will gracefully bow out of the 4th annual I-Mockery Bracket Bunch.

This year is an even bigger slap in the face than years past as I felt I did pretty damn well in the first two rounds. I honestly thought I had a shot at winning the prestigious honor of I-Mockery Basketball Prediction King (Collegiate Edition).

At least I can still cling on to my historic victory back in 2002 when my winning bracket netted me 250 big ones in a pool at my dad's work. After 9 years it still carries weight, right? Right?

Now if you'll excuse me i'll be recovering in the burn ward for the next year.
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Mar 26th, 2011, 12:29 AM       
It's interesting how I'm suddenly back in the game

EDIT: Nevermind, Flagg and whoever maildude is has UNC in the Final Four too. Can't win

Rooting for the Colonel in this one because he's got a PhD and that's awesome and I don't know who maildude is

after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Mar 26th, 2011, 03:56 AM       
Hard to believe, Harry.
You may already be there.
WHAT'S THIS?!
Pentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contestPentegarn won the popularity contest
Old Mar 26th, 2011, 06:54 AM       
This is officially the worst I have ever done on the brackets.

I wasn't even being a homer when I picked OSU in the finals, I figured they would actually bother to show up for yesterday's game
Old Mar 26th, 2011, 01:31 PM       
Way to represent the Big Ten OSU

filthiest soap dish
Babs is probably a spambot
Old Mar 26th, 2011, 04:43 PM       
Very good game between OSU and Kentucky. Diebler hit a very clutch 3 and Knight just realized how much time him and his wildcats had and hit a shot with 5.1 seconds left. Good news for Buckeyes fans, at least Sully is coming back.
Old Mar 26th, 2011, 07:11 PM       
jesus christ Butler

☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Mar 26th, 2011, 11:21 PM       
No matter what happens I'm dead last. Where's my trophy?
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Mar 27th, 2011, 12:03 AM       
Butler deserves the Final Four after that victory over Florida. What a comeback.
after enough bourbon ...
Old Mar 27th, 2011, 06:50 PM       
Lumbering Juggernaut? Butler? No, my friend you were obviously thinking instead about VCU. Bitches ruined my hopes of winning this thing two years in a row.
Old Mar 27th, 2011, 06:59 PM       
At this moment I have the highest possible points? How the hell did that happen?

BACK IN THE GAME

Old Mar 27th, 2011, 07:23 PM       
Spoke too soon

CONGRATULATIONS WILLIE

And congrats Babs and Pentegarn, you were the only two to pick a correct Final Four team

WHAT'S THIS?!
Old Mar 27th, 2011, 11:10 PM       
This is only the second time a final four had no number 1 seeds. Last time was 2006, another fucked up year where George Mason (another 11) made it to the final four
WHAT'S THIS?!
Old Mar 27th, 2011, 11:22 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Flagg View Post
Lumbering Juggernaut? Butler? No, my friend you were obviously thinking instead about VCU. Bitches ruined my hopes of winning this thing two years in a row.
VCU's success is entirely due to their coach. He is selling a bunch of tier 2/tier 3 talent that they are blue chippers and they are buying it and producing like blue chippers. The only person who thought VCU would do this was the VCU head coach
after enough bourbon ...
Old Mar 27th, 2011, 11:51 PM       
So, that was Willie who won? Congratulations, big guy. You sure showed us!

Isn't this the earliest the bracketbunch was completely decided (no one has any more possible points to achieve)? And the lowest winning score (61 points)?
after enough bourbon ...
Old Mar 27th, 2011, 11:53 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pentegarn View Post
VCU's success is entirely due to their coach. He is selling a bunch of tier 2/tier 3 talent that they are blue chippers and they are buying it and producing like blue chippers. The only person who thought VCU would do this was the VCU head coach
Does it really matter? This is the first time in history that a team that had to play itself into the tournament won even one game, let alone make the Final Four.

I don't care what he's feeding that team, I want some. Maybe it's some of that new drug, charliesheen.

Winning.

Last edited by Colonel Flagg : Mar 27th, 2011 at 11:55 PM. Reason: clarity :D
filthiest soap dish
Babs is probably a spambot
Old Mar 28th, 2011, 04:46 AM       
All thanks goes to Kemba Walker and company.