Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Pickled Patriarch
Mockery is probably a real personMockery is probably a real person
Old Jul 25th, 2005, 05:08 PM        The Matrix: Path of Neo
NOTE: THE PATH OF NEO STORYTIME ADVENTURE IS DISCONTINUED IN THIS THREAD. THE OFFICIAL STORY IS NOW IN GENERAL BLABBER. CLICK HERE TO READ IT.

http://media.ps2.ign.com/media/696/696714/vids_1.html

I gotta say, after seeing that trailer, this looks like it might be the first really entertaining Matrix game ever. I'd wait to get it on a next-gen system though, cuz I can't imagine it would run well on a PS2.

Update: the new trailer has been posted:
http://www.atari.com/thematrixpathofneo/trailer
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Jul 25th, 2005, 10:21 PM       
I'm just really sick of the matrix altogether so I doubt anything matrix related could impress me

That was very funny. Well done.
Pickled Patriarch
Old Oct 19th, 2005, 09:15 PM       
I dunno man, have you seen the videos of the game and the screenshots yet? I'm not sure how well it'd translate to consoles, but I'm sold on the PC version. It looks like the first Matrix game that's actually worth playing... especially since it spans all 3 movies and ads in some extra shit. But I'm a huge fan of the movies as you guys know, so I'm naturally a little more excited about it in that regard, but it really does look like a nice game if you check out the trailers 'n screenshots.

I haven't bought a game for my comp in a while but I'm pretty much sold on this one. A little over 2 weeks 'til my life gets sucked away...

Maybe :o
DON'T F WITH ME
HickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty ok
Old Oct 19th, 2005, 09:44 PM       
I'm not sure...Those screenshots don't really impress me . We'll just have to see what happens when it comes out
taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old Oct 19th, 2005, 09:57 PM       
well many games look better than this one. but they did the one thing every matrix fan wanted to become neo (in some way) and i think is gonna be one hell of a ride

SANTO el enmascarado de plata
Mocker

James sucks
Old Oct 19th, 2005, 10:16 PM       
Hahahaha, Neo's face in that second screenshot.

It can't be any worse than Enter the Matrix, but at the same time, Enter The Matrix (and Matrix Online) have most likely soured everyone on the idea of a good Matrix game.

Why would you think it wouldn't run well on the PS2? Unless the developers are completely inept, the game doesn't look overly taxing to the capabilities of any current-gen system.
Pickled Patriarch
Old Oct 19th, 2005, 11:44 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by James
Hahahaha, Neo's face in that second screenshot.
Yeah some of the faces in the game are classic which is why I can't wait to play it. The fight scene expressions are bound to be priceless.

Quote:
It can't be any worse than Enter the Matrix, but at the same time, Enter The Matrix (and Matrix Online) have most likely soured everyone on the idea of a good Matrix game.
How was the Matrix Online anyway? I never got to try that one, but heard it ran a tad slow.

Quote:
Why would you think it wouldn't run well on the PS2? Unless the developers are completely inept, the game doesn't look overly taxing to the capabilities of any current-gen system.
Eh, I've never been impressed with the PS2's performance... plus everything looks so much nicer on the PC and honestly... for 3D games like that I really, really prefer a mouse & keyboard instead of a controller (something I'm hoping the next Nintendo system might change).
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Oct 20th, 2005, 12:23 AM       
That second picture would be even more hilarious if you just removed everything but Neo from it. Maybe we should make that an emoticon.

"OFF I GO TO THE STORE!"

Graphics look like piss except for the asian guy's face.

Lye is probably a spambot
Old Oct 20th, 2005, 12:33 AM       
yeah, i got my fingers crossed on this one. it looks like they are actully trying to make a game rather then something to add on to the movies like enter the matrix. its also been a while since the matrix movies were hyped to the point when most people wanted nothing to do with them. I was checking up on the game this weekend and ended up wanting to watch reload again.
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Oct 20th, 2005, 12:40 AM       
Pickled Patriarch
Old Oct 20th, 2005, 12:43 AM       
I demand more of these pictures.

Everybody collect screenshots from the game on the internet and let's make a story together.
was never good
Old Oct 20th, 2005, 12:53 AM       
Mocker

James sucks
Old Oct 20th, 2005, 01:26 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mockery
How was the Matrix Online anyway? I never got to try that one, but heard it ran a tad slow.

Eh, I've never been impressed with the PS2's performance... plus everything looks so much nicer on the PC and honestly... for 3D games like that I really, really prefer a mouse & keyboard instead of a controller (something I'm hoping the next Nintendo system might change).
I never played it myself, but I heard that it wasn't that great even before Sony got their hands on it.

As for PS2's performance, I dunno what to tell you. I can't say I can think of any games off the top of my head that I've played and suffered performance issues.

For action games, you prefer a keyboard/mouse?
Mocker

James sucks
Old Oct 20th, 2005, 01:43 AM       
Neo on his date.

Banned
Location: Illinois, Alberta, Canada, Thailand, Space, Groundling Marsh, Manhattan, Man Hat Ton
ArrowX sucks
Old Oct 20th, 2005, 02:22 AM       
Yeah this is the game where you basically rewrite the films as you see fit. Will you lett certain events occur or will you change them from how the movie was played.
was never good
Old Oct 20th, 2005, 10:09 AM       
Someone needs to do some panels leading up to the big date :< Also james you should add some text PERHAPS MAYBE NOT I DON'T KNOW YOUR FINAL SOLUTION

Also guys if we make this long enough Rog will put it up on the main I-Mockery page, which is good; We need more (read: any) forum shit on the main site.
Mocker
pjalne is probably a spambot
Old Oct 20th, 2005, 10:31 AM       
Level 29 ♂
Emu is probably a real personEmu is probably a real person
Old Oct 20th, 2005, 10:43 AM       
That's a fancy kitchen Neo's got there
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Oct 20th, 2005, 02:54 PM       
Quick, someone sticky this!
Banned
Location: Illinois, Alberta, Canada, Thailand, Space, Groundling Marsh, Manhattan, Man Hat Ton
ArrowX sucks
Old Oct 20th, 2005, 06:18 PM       
He hasn't properly plucked that turkey.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Oct 20th, 2005, 06:43 PM       
How did you figure that one out professor hawking
Mocker
ziggytrix is probably a spambot
Old Oct 20th, 2005, 09:28 PM       

too lazy to do proper paths, sorry
Banned
ArrowX sucks
Old Oct 20th, 2005, 10:18 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitar Woman
How did you figure that one out professor hawking
Elementary Bitch!
God Emperor of Brigadoon

King Hadas is probably pretty okKing Hadas is probably pretty okKing Hadas is probably pretty ok
Old Oct 20th, 2005, 10:36 PM       
Banned
ArrowX sucks
Old Oct 20th, 2005, 11:33 PM       
YES!!!