Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

punkgrrrlie10 is probably a spambot
Old May 9th, 2003, 09:10 PM        Being the bigger person
Should this be mutual or is there always someone in the relationship who is always being the mediator and smoothing things over even when it was the other person that sucks?
Mocker
ziggytrix is probably a spambot
Old May 9th, 2003, 09:18 PM       
sometimes people are just natural mediators, but ideally it should be mutual, in my arrogant opinion.

and sometimes people think they are being the bigger person, when really they are just turning all their aggressive feelings into passive ones... i used to do that a lot.
Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old May 9th, 2003, 11:48 PM       
Hmm... I think that's what I do, ziggy.
Mocker

kellychaos is probably a spambot
Old May 10th, 2003, 11:31 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggytrix
and sometimes people think they are being the bigger person, when really they are just turning all their aggressive feelings into passive ones... i used to do that a lot.
Further, I think the same people assume the same roles over and over again telling themselves that they're the correct ones in doing things the way they do them. It's kind of hard to see just how you may be getting the short end of the stick as the person on the "inside" of the relationship. A little help from a third person can help in these situations. Perhaps you're being too analytical of the situation ... and perhaps not enough.

Wherever you go, there you are.
wreckreation is probably a spambot
Old May 12th, 2003, 06:08 PM       
relationships are for FAGETS.

punkgrrrlie10 is probably a spambot
Old May 12th, 2003, 06:48 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggytrix
sometimes people are just natural mediators, but ideally it should be mutual, in my arrogant opinion.

Isn't turning into passive feelings just part of compromise and give-and-take? If one person goes passive while the other remains agressive, isn't that the same as just mediating the situation?
wreckreation is probably a spambot
Old May 12th, 2003, 06:59 PM       
no, that is just passive-aggression. It's just gonna eat you up inside. Mediating involves resolution. The problem with couples is they always wind up arguing about how they argue. They cannot step outside themselves to achieve resolution because they wanna keep analyzing everything. You'd be better off staging a bunch of fun arguments so when the real ones come up you both just joke around and not let it get to you. Well, you'd be better off GETTING A DOG and not being in a relationship anyway.

Zosimus is probably a spambot
Old May 12th, 2003, 07:14 PM       
We are all different from each other in the way that we give and receive. Some people are greedy and take more than their share, while others give too much and get too little in return.

If you always are the one that forgives, or you are the one (regardless of who started it) that always says: "Sorry," then you will eventually implode with all the frustrations you are carrying inside.

You have to talk to your friend/partner about how this makes you feel, and hopefully/eventually, over time he/she will have a better understanding of when it is their turn to take the responsibility of "being the bigger one". I
Mocker

Helm is probably a spambot
Old May 13th, 2003, 08:10 AM       
Great post, wreck. Much seconded.
ineffable

sadie is probably a spambot
Old May 13th, 2003, 01:57 PM       
i concur.
Rating: Yes.
Spectre X is probably a spambot
Old May 17th, 2003, 03:51 PM       
I thought this thread was about the size of a person's peepee.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old May 17th, 2003, 08:11 PM       
BEING THE BIGGRE PERSON MEANS YOU HAVE TO BE ON THE BOTTOM OR ELSE THE SMALLER PSERSON GETS CRUSHED

-willie
Asspunch McGruf
Skulhedface is probably a spambot
Old May 17th, 2003, 08:40 PM       
IN a perfect world, yes, there would be no need for the "bigger person" but pessimistically speaking, as long as there is SOME tenet of your personalities that is different, there WILL be something to argue about. Just hope you have good luck and it's not anything serious. But it IS important to know when to step outside of yourself or to get input from someone that knows what's going on and gives an unbiased opinion.

But whoops, I'm slipping into that perfect world again..
Mocker
theapportioner is probably a spambot
Old May 18th, 2003, 09:04 PM       
at executioneer
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old May 19th, 2003, 12:37 AM       
voice of experience

-willie
Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old May 19th, 2003, 12:58 AM       
Many inflatable women have imploded under Willie because all the stress they felt.
OH GOD
Old May 19th, 2003, 01:06 AM       
wrong

I was lying voice of no experience

-willie