Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Mocker
KevinTheOmnivore is probably a spambot
Old May 16th, 2003, 07:44 PM        Re: What?
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAsux
Kev,
I can think of ten guys off the top of my head who cry ten times more than Shaq. Shaq never bitches about calls.
Right, but as soon as the team started losing, rather than being a man and a team leader, rather than confronting the Laker B-team and rallying them, he smeared them in the press.

Also, why did he wait so long to have his toe surgery? Is pre-season and camp unimportant? Maybe the results of this series with the Spurs will make him think otherwise next time. A big reason they couldn't get things going this season is because they started out w/o Shaq, and then never got to mesh with him.

Perhaps "cry baby" was the wrong use of words, but I think "selfish" fits him well.

Quote:
Regardless, I don't think Shaq is a bad player at all. For a man his size, he has excellent foot work. He is a competent passer and can dominate any single player and most double teams presented to him.
Don't get me wrong, I think Shaq is one of the most dominant players the game has ever seen, but I think size and muscle have a lot to do with this. I'll give you the fact that he's decent on his feet for his size, but that doesn't make him Hakeem or Kareem. I think that right now however, Tim Duncan is without question better than Shaq. He certainly has more raw talent than Shaq.

Quote:
Remember the days when people used to purposely foul Shaq to put away game? Those days are gone. Honestly, is there a better center in the league?
Right now, as I said, Duncan.

On the fouling-- isn't this also attributable to rule changes in the NBA?? I thought there was a reason hack-a-Shaq became less prevolent, besides the fact that he became a little bit better a free throws.
Vesihiisi sihisi hississä
Hobo Renee is probably a spambot
Old May 17th, 2003, 02:32 PM       
Hahaha, the Lakers are fucking out of the playoffs! Now all I need is for Mike Bibby to get back his game and Sacramento will finally be known for something good.

GAsux is probably a spambot
Old May 17th, 2003, 10:19 PM        Yeah
This would be about that time of year that Kings fan perform their annual ritual of coming up with excuses as to why their beloved team didn't make it to the finals. I'm sure it has everything do to with C Webb, and absolultely nothing to do with inability to play defense.

Sacramento Kings =

Generator86 is probably a spambot
Old May 17th, 2003, 11:06 PM       
You've got to admit, though, that losing CWebb was a HUGE setback for the Kings. What are they gonna do, have fucking Vlade Divac dominate in the paint? Please. You can't just rely on Bibby and Petrovic to light it up from outside all throughout the game. I must admit that tonight Jim Jackson was helping out with pulling up the slack, but too little, too late for the Kings.

It's going to be one fuck of an interesting series, though. I know that Dirk Nowitzki lit the Spurs up during the regular season, but as we all know, the playoffs are an entirely different story. Eh, one way or another, go Spurs!

Quote:
you type well for being drunk...
hAS RUG-BURN
Evil Robot is probably a spambot
Old May 18th, 2003, 01:35 AM       
GAsux, YOU ARE SO FUCKING DEAD. I AM GOING TO STALK YOU AND KILL YOUR FAMILY WHILE YOU ARE TIED TO A RADIATOR. I WANT YOU TO FEEL PAIN TO NO END. IF NEED BE I WILL KEEP YOU ALIVE FOR THREE YEARS OF BRUTAL TORTURE.
I HATE YOU THAT MUCH FOR STARTING THIS THREAD AND I HOPE YOUR MOTHER DIES OF BREAST CANCER.

Old May 18th, 2003, 01:57 AM        Wow
Evil Robot,
Thank you for giving me the attention that my parents never did. Can I get a hug with all that foreplay?

For the record, I'm not saying that losing C Webb didn't hurt. It surely did. But still, if the Kings could play some D things might have been different. It's plagued them for three years. They've got an outstanding offense. They just can't defend. Van Exel averaged 12 ppg in the regular season, but went for 25+ ppg against the Kings off the bench.

I still think the Spurs are probably the best team in the league. As much as I hated to admit it, Timmy is the man and he definitely validated his MVP selection against the Lakers. I suppose I'll probably pull for the Spurs too. It's less painful when you can at least say you got beat by the Champs!

Robot,
Call me. We'll make out.
Mocker

kellychaos is probably a spambot
Old May 19th, 2003, 09:33 AM       
Jason Kidd

Wherever you go, there you are.

Old May 19th, 2003, 12:23 PM        Yeah...
That's what Phoenix fans have been saying to two years. You think they'd like to have the Marbury trade to do over?
Mocker

kellychaos is probably a spambot
Old May 19th, 2003, 12:41 PM       
Well, we're going to New Jersey for the next one. Aren't there some kind of itialian stereotypes out there we can employ to say ... break a wrist or something if he doesn't wise up?

Wherever you go, there you are.

Generator86 is probably a spambot
Old May 20th, 2003, 01:27 PM       
And the Spurs choke. AGAIN.

Quote:
you type well for being drunk...