Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Miscellaneous Forums > Questions, Suggestions, and Tech Support
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Doctor_Hell is probably a spambot
Old Sep 24th, 2004, 05:23 PM        Mr. Skeleton Head might increased his volume up to 600%
Hi there,

On the topic about Mr. Head not increasing by 600%, that may be a mistake. The problem is that the meassurement was done incorrectly, because Mr. Head also increased his thickness and width, not only his height (increasing, then, his overall volume)

An accurate way to measure Mr. Head's volume would be the "volume displacement" method, which I describe breifly here:

1) Pour enough water in a cylindrical container (i.e a glass) and mark the water level; also measure its diameter (D). Then introduce dry Mr. Skeleton and mark the new water level. Measure the distance (h) between marks and the intial volume is: V1= 2*Pi*((D/2)^2)*h

2) Lay Mr. Skeleton in another jar (perhaps the original one) and wait the time.

3) Do the same you did on step 1 on another jar; note that you might need a larger one than in step 1 (and, therefore, you will use a different D). You get then V2

4) Divide V2/V1 and multiply by 100. Then you will get the actual volume increase percent.

Don't judge Mr. Head without proof!!!

Doctor Hell