Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Music
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

kitatsdiuqil
liquidstatik is probably a spambot
Old Mar 16th, 2004, 03:26 PM        Deftones ;o
they're good.
NEW FACE IN HELL
Rongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's army
Old Mar 16th, 2004, 04:35 PM       
No they aren't
crash0814 is probably a spambot
Old Mar 16th, 2004, 05:42 PM       
Agreed.

Drew Katsikas is probably a spambot
Old Mar 16th, 2004, 05:42 PM       
BAD
aka Don Henley
Bobo Adobo is probably a spambot
Old Mar 16th, 2004, 05:55 PM       
There sorta funny. In a pathetic kind of way.
Lord Felch Demon
Ninjavenom is probably a spambot
Old Mar 16th, 2004, 07:09 PM       
Shut up, you babies. The new one's not great, but that doesn't make 'em a bad band.
NEW FACE IN HELL
Rongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's army
Old Mar 16th, 2004, 07:17 PM       
The deftones have always sucked.
Lord Felch Demon
Old Mar 16th, 2004, 09:04 PM       
Why? What makes them suck?
Mocker

Helm is probably a spambot
Old Mar 16th, 2004, 09:12 PM       
Let me tell you, Ninjavenom. It's a matter of oppinion, not any sort of objective fact, but for me, the singer's voice is very whiny and he can't carry a tune to save his life. He's constantly below the notes he should be singing. and that would be ok in a band that doesn't care for that sort of thing but the deftones are obviously too 'musical' to not care for that. And when he screams he screams like a fucking sissy. Pure oppinion. SISSY.

Plus, and this isn't directly related to the music itself, their singer is an asshole.

I don't like many of their songs (the music I mean. I covered the singer) either. Not that it's worthless, but it's not something I can pay attention to without feeling robbed of my time.

At least they're more 'metal' than most nu metal bands. But if it has to come to this to appreciate a band... :/
Will chop you good.
sspadowsky is probably a spambot
Old Mar 16th, 2004, 09:15 PM       
Deftones = Muy excellente

White Pony was the best album of 2000, hands down.

Screw all you philistines. You're just super-gay.
Mocker

Old Mar 16th, 2004, 09:22 PM       
You're just super-gay.
NEW FACE IN HELL
Old Mar 16th, 2004, 09:51 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjavenom
Why? What makes them suck?
The singer couldn't carry a tune if he had a tank's cannon pointed directly to his fucking skull

That and it's nu-metal. More like poo metal
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Mar 16th, 2004, 11:24 PM       
why not just start liking incubus while you're at it

-willie
kitatsdiuqil
liquidstatik is probably a spambot
Old Mar 17th, 2004, 01:32 PM       
i still think they're good no matter what you say ;<
NEW FACE IN HELL
Old Mar 17th, 2004, 04:09 PM       
And I still think you're a weiner who should stop ripping off Chojin's emoticons. :>

And incubus stinks too
Lord Felch Demon
Old Mar 17th, 2004, 08:20 PM       
Now incubus are a band i'd commit hara-kiri before defending, just because i hate Brandon Boyd, ignoring all the other things that makes me hate them.

I think Power Metal's spoiled you, Helm. You're expecting a little too much outta the deftones, methinks. But i'm no music major, so i can't really defend them beyond the fact that i like them and enjoy Chino's rather whiny voice. Yeah, his screams are obviously nothing comparable to a jillion other guys (or girls) out there, and yeah, he doesn't carry a tune well. But fuck, do you want him to sound like Lief Edling? You have to remember that we're dealing with a skinny, white american dude with no hair.
Mocker

Old Mar 18th, 2004, 11:28 AM       
Power metal? I listen to incompetently recorded and performed music like post-rockers Mogwai and what have you (flamebait!) so that's not so much the issue as is that the deftones bite off more than what they can chew, musically speaking.

And for your information, young metal believer, Leif Edling played Bass for Candlemass, he did not sing. You're thinking Messiah Marcolin.

Unless you're talking about when Edling sang for Nemesis, in which case you're badass extra metal points but I don't think you are since Lief's singing wasn't that great anyhow.
crash0814 is probably a spambot
Old Mar 18th, 2004, 12:23 PM       
Mogwai rules.
Mocker

Old Mar 18th, 2004, 12:26 PM       
They're ok. Flame me properly at least, damn it.

Here: I like Incubus more than the Deftones.
Lord Felch Demon
Old Mar 18th, 2004, 02:47 PM       
Yeah, i am thinking of Messiah, my mistake. The point is, i think you're expecting a bit too much from them musically. It's kind of like how Tool is an enjoyable band as long as you don't expect them to be full of insight and barrier-breaking ideas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helm
I like Incubus more than the Deftones.
By the way, where exactly do you live? You should be shanked for that remark.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Mar 18th, 2004, 09:00 PM       
helm lives in the land of ouzo and gyrso

-willie
Mocker

Old Mar 18th, 2004, 11:19 PM       
I live in Greekland. The place where we STILL have bands called Gladiator, Medieval Death, Fortress Under Siege or Battleroar. It is teh own.

And Incubus are fucking great because their singer is the HOTT!! (come on, I'm making this very easy!)

Executioneer: Do you like ouzo? I'm not gonna ask if you like gyros because no man alive doesn't like gyros.
OH GOD
Old Mar 19th, 2004, 12:57 AM       
haha i have never had a gyro

and ouzo is OK, but I had a bad experience with it a while ago and stopped drinking it, so I don't know if I still like it or not

-willie
Mocker

Old Mar 19th, 2004, 09:27 AM       
If you ever come to greece tell me so I can take you to the best place for gyros. I wouldn't have to stick around since you might not want me to I'll just take you to the place and run away really fast. Gyros is the bestest thing in the world, but most people wouldn't know because they haven't tasted the real thing.

I used to drink ouzo a few years back but now I don't drink any alchohol at all xHelmx but I really liked it when I drank it. It supposedly hampers your growth if you drink it when you're in your teens but that could just be a myth to scare the youth off from it since it's pretty strong. I do know people in villages put ouzo in the kittie water so supposedly the cats can stay small and adorable but I'm not sure if that's true either.
ineffable

sadie is probably a spambot
Old Mar 19th, 2004, 01:32 PM       
i ate a gyro in this little greek place in tulsa. but then i found out it was lamb. it made me sad.