Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

huond is probably a spambot
Old Oct 10th, 2004, 08:37 PM        Chris Elliott gets a new life :O
Josef Adalian, STAFF

Chris Elliott (news) is reuniting with Fox Broadcasting for his latest comedy series project.

Net made a put pilot commitment to Elliott's untitled half-hour family laffer after several webs expressed interest in the project from Regency Television and 20th Century Fox TV ( Daily Variety, Sept. 27).

As expected, "King of the Hill" showrunners John Altschuler and Dave Krinsky have come on board to write and exec produce the project with Elliott.

Elliott is well remembered by execs at Fox for his critically hailed 1990-92 laffer "Get a Life," and the net bought the project in the room late last week. "For me, Chris is just a signature personality of the network," said Fox exec VP Craig Erwich. "Get a Life" still has "this huge underground following to it, and I used to watch it on Fox all the time."

Erwich said pairing Altschuler and Krinsky with Elliott makes sense as Elliott takes his "Get a Life" persona and matures it into fatherhood. "They write from a very specific and grounded place, and that, put together with Chris' big brand of comedy, is a terrific combination," he said.

Elliott will play a married father of two teens living in a small town. His character will be a real estate agent and frustrated performer who plays stage dad to one of his daughters.

"The idea is to do something different than what I've done in the past, but still very funny," Elliott told Daily Variety last month before he began pitching the project. "This is ('Get a Life' character) Chris Peterson if he grew up and had a wife and kids."
Mocker
whoreable is probably a spambot
Old Oct 11th, 2004, 01:37 AM       
excellent
Captain Goodtimes is probably a spambot
Old Oct 11th, 2004, 02:12 AM       
I'm ordered the get a life dvds tomarrow, i hope they are as great as you said they are , huond.