Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Miscellaneous Forums > Questions, Suggestions, and Tech Support
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Mocker

James sucks
Old Nov 5th, 2005, 03:26 PM        Well, that sucked
So my new computer came with this media program group by a company called Sonic. It's basically a DVD viewer/burner program.

Whenever I restart, Sonic was trying to run an update manager to get updates, but it would need a disk to be inserted in order to run it. Except I HAVE no disk. Cancel, it'd try again. Cancel, it'd try again. Cancel, it'd try again.

Went to Dell's site, and found an upgrade for the program. Update wouldn't work because it couldn't identify the software on my system. So I try to register. Registering crashed the registering process.

So I had to remove all Sonic software from my system. Fucking ridiculous.
Banned
FartinMowler sucks
Old Nov 5th, 2005, 06:23 PM       
It might be an old program? I use Nero :/
Mocker
whoreable is probably a spambot
Old Nov 6th, 2005, 08:06 PM       
if you call dell, they should send you a sonic cd, also ask for your os cd, drivers disk, and windvd(if you had it).

They should send all the cds to you for free.
Mocker

James sucks
Old Nov 6th, 2005, 10:06 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by whoreable
if you call dell, they should send you a sonic cd, also ask for your os cd, drivers disk, and windvd(if you had it).

They should send all the cds to you for free.
Contemplating it. They said that everything is available on the site now, and they don't do CDs or manuals anymore. But I DID get them to send me my OS cd, resource CD, and Tools System CD. I just don't know if it's worth it.

Also, I uninstalled this Quickbooks shit, and it still asks for upgrades and shit at the startup. I clicked "Don't show this to me again," but I'm sure that's a lazy man's fix.

It's tough being a computer nerd. Most people would have been happy with the computer as is. But I have to remove all the unwanted shit and configure everything to my tastes until I fuck it all up.