Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Antagonistic Tyrannosaur
Sethomas is probably a spambot
Old Nov 18th, 2005, 04:17 PM        To Chojin, re: the webcam fiasco
I figured this was too long for the normal commentary thread.
So, what's this? A long-winded rant about a fellow mocker? Over-analyzing trite bullshit? Stupid rhetoric that nobody's going to read in full?

DAMN STRAIGHT! It's what I do best, and I'll damn well never let them take that from me.

Since this is a commentary thread, I guess I'll break out of character and explain myself. Chojin seems to really really care about what I'm thinking, after all.

I fully expected Jin to visit my websites as common research. Nothing weird or gay or perverse about that. I was actually surprised that he didn't find the webcam earlier. I don't have a webcam for the teeming millions, I have it for a handful of friends and family. It doesn't bother me that random people look at it on occasion because if they do, at least I can trace IP their and get some perspective of who they are and what they're doing there.

Blah blah blah. I routinely check the IP logs, and I noticed the aforementioned abberations. It's not that I seriously believed or disbelieved that Chojin was aiding Jin, I didn't really care either way. The truth is that I saw that the unflappable, pompous moderator of the boards frantically refreshing a page that has a six-fucking-second autoreload function just to watch me read a goddamn book. Now, count the American flags on that log of views at the 3:00 hour. I'm guessing there are about 30. Actually, I know that's pretty accurate. WHAT THE HELL WAS HE EXPECTING? Hey, enough of this studying, how 'bout I kill myself! Hey, I'm done with calculus, time to jerk off! Ratio test for convergence... wha wha what, a naked woman just entered the room! Time for me to do a dance!

Yes, those suggestions all sound retarded. Reason being? Watching some study under the false assumption of annonymity is retarded. Sure, watch me bob my head, make fun of what I'm wearing, wait for me to pick my nose. Really, what else were you expecting? You say it was funny watching me pose in different ways. Do you crack up every time you see a Rodin sculpture? Those queers aren't even clothed! Sure sure, like he said, there are some cam programs that upload every time the page is refreshed. Surely Chojin could figure out that mine was not such a case sometime before, I dunno, 30 image reloads.

I'm tempted to psychoanalytically profile someone who is THAT impressed by seeing a message board character in animation. It's all the funnier because Chojin actually knows several mockers in person, which should make it no big deal. I would do that, but what would probably happen is I'd just see my words superimposed onto a zany Photoshop work. Maybe they'd be pictures of ugly people from Google. Maybe they'd be stock blog photos of myself. Only time will tell, and surely it will!

So, I'll be the first to admit that Chojin has a great sense of humor. But for fuck's sake, why's he got to be so goddamn weird? And how does he get off calling ME paranoid when I'm just throwing around mud for the sake of throwing mud, when he's the one who freaked out about the internet boogiemen who are going to h4xor his computer just because I posted his IP address, which for all I knew was just his router. Most people have routers these days, right?

So, Chojin, I apologize if I offended you with accusations of helping in dishonest displays of mockery. Those are very serious allegations, after all. Instead, consider being offended by your own state of being a twat. Go on, comment about me being an obsessor--turn the tables! It's not that I have an over-analytical nature... it's that I'm obsessed with you!

Okay, I'm bored now.

SETH ME IMPRIMI FECIT
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Nov 18th, 2005, 04:40 PM       
Those 30ish refreshes happened in under a minute, dude. I'm impatient. Sorry? And you did move with each click, so it would appear that your cam refreshes more often than every 6 seconds.

I said something sarcastic about the IPs and blurred them when I had to go in to resize your images anyway. I seriously doubt any black hats are watching this forum, waiting for just the right moment to pounce. But since all our pages are indexed on google and the Mock Wars Competition forum just went public, I figured I'd play it safe. As admins, it's our policy to keep peoples' IP addresses secret, and I intend to hold others to the same standard.

I will admit that I over-reacted to the accusations of cheating, but I had intended for it to be over-the-top for humorous effect. If it came off as panic, it's probably subconcious - I've been working hard to make this Mock Wars work and I don't want people to think I designed the contest just to have myself or my friends win. In all honesty, I hope I do get beaten because I will feel like an ass if I win the trophy that I bought.

I would say that you talk too much, but I'm trying to encourage effort here. You get a gold star! :>

Dr. Fu is probably a spambot
Old Nov 18th, 2005, 09:19 PM       
Teflon
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
Jump to: navigation, search

Teflon is the brand name of a polymer compound discovered by Roy J. Plunkett (1910–1994) of DuPont in 1938 and introduced as a commercial product in 1946. It is a thermoplastic fluoropolymer.

Teflon is polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE), a polymer of fluorinated ethylene.

F F
| |
-(C - C)-
| | n
F F

Teflon is also used as the trade name for a polymer with similar properties, perfluoroalkoxy polymer resin (PFA):

F F F F
| | | |
-(C - C) - (C - C)-
| | m | | n
F F F O
|
F - C - F
|
F

PTFE has the lowest coefficient of friction of any known solid material. It is used as a non-stick coating for pans and other cookware. PTFE is very non-reactive, and so is often used in containers and pipework for reactive chemicals. Its melting point varies between 260 °C (FEP) and 327 °C (PTFE), depending on which specific Teflon polymer is being discussed.

PTFE is sometimes said to be a spin-off from the US space program with more down-to-earth applications; this is an urban legend, as teflon cooking pans were commonplace before Yuri Gagarin's flight in 1961. PTFE was discovered serendipitously by Roy Plunkett of DuPont in 1938, while attempting to make a new CFC refrigerant, when the perfluorethylene polymerized in its storage container. DuPont patented it in 1941, and registered the Teflon trademark in 1944.

An early advanced use was in the Manhattan Project, as a material to coat valves and seals in the pipes holding highly-reactive uranium hexafluoride in the vast Uranium enrichment plant at Oak Ridge, Tennessee, when it was known as K416.

It was first sold commercially in 1946 and by 1950, DuPont was producing over a million pounds (450 t) per year in Virginia.

Teflon has been supplemented with another DuPont product, Silverstone, a three-coat fluoropolymer system that produces a more durable finish than Teflon. Silverstone was released in 1976.

Amongst many other industrial applications, PTFE is used to coat certain types of hardened, armour-piercing bullets, so as to reduce the amount of wear on the firearm's rifling. These are often mistakenly referred to as "cop-killer" bullets on account of PTFE's supposed ability to ease a bullet's passage through body armour. Any armour-piercing effect is, however, purely a function of the bullet's velocity and rigidity rather than a property of PTFE.

PTFE is an excellent electrical insulator with good dielectric properties. This is especially true at high radio frequencies, making it eminently suitable for use as an insulator in cables and connector assemblies and as a material for printed circuit boards. Combined with its high melting temperature this makes it the material of choice as a high performance substitute for the weaker and more meltable polyethylene that is commonly used in low-cost applications.

Due to its low friction, it is used for applications where sliding action of parts is needed: bearings, bushings, gears, slide plates, etc. In these applications it performs significantly better than nylon and acetal; it is comparable with UHMWPE, although UHMWPE resists wear better than teflon. For these applications, versions of teflon with mineral oil or molybdenum disulfide embedded as additional lubricants in its matrix are being manufactured.

Gore-Tex is a material incorporating teflon membrane with micropores.
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Nov 18th, 2005, 09:54 PM       
I agree
ineffable

sadie is probably a spambot
Old Nov 19th, 2005, 10:17 AM       
chojin: in the pre-mod days, you would've used even this as fodder for great, yet painful, hilarity. i miss the ultra-mean you. maybe that's one reason you revived the mockwars?? to have a forum in which to let go??
was never good
Old Nov 20th, 2005, 12:36 AM       
I think it's because I'm all grown up now :<