Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Evil ROMhacker
Jomb is probably a spambot
Old Apr 16th, 2007, 12:35 AM       
The Bard does have quite a large cult following for a guy from centuries ago, does he not?

All I'm saying is that in the year 2354 there will be gatherings of people, similar to what we have today at a medieval festival, where people will be selling fake ice-9 and quoting lines from Vonnegut's books. Everyone else will probably think his work is too difficult to read because it uses that "old" English that sounds so archaic in 2354.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Apr 16th, 2007, 12:53 AM       
in the future we won't have jobs (except at medieval festivals, which will be voluntary).
JohnBoy is probably a spambot
Old Apr 16th, 2007, 12:22 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by kahljorn View Post
how many great modern authors are left? that's wht i thought when this happened
Thomas Pynchon comes to mind, but I would be hard pressed to name many more.
Fuck Yeah
McClain is probably a spambot
Old Apr 16th, 2007, 01:47 PM       
STFU JohnBoy. Thomas Pynchon isn't modern. He's contemporary. And he's not even an author. He's a novelist.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Apr 16th, 2007, 02:10 PM       
SORRY I GUESS I CANT TELL THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN CONTEMPORARY AND MODERN.

lol why the hell do people name time periods "Modern" and "Contemporary" didn't it occur to them that they are labeling a time period with a time label that won't be appropriate one hundred years later?
Old Apr 16th, 2007, 02:11 PM       
Why don't you explain the difference then you pretentious prick? Pynchon has written novels and authored short stories (See "Slow Learner"). As far as pidgeonholing his genre/writing style, I took Kahljorn's use of Modern to mean modern era writers.
BANNED

Old Apr 16th, 2007, 06:27 PM       
I meant modern as in authors who are still alive and around today mostly I'm not really all that anal about time periods or whatever especially since 'modern' can also mean 'modern' and not just an era.
Old Apr 16th, 2007, 08:17 PM       
I was responding to McClain. No disrespect Kahl.
BANNED

Old Apr 16th, 2007, 08:50 PM       
I know, I was indirectly responding to McClain.
OK
Black Flag is probably a spambot
Old Apr 16th, 2007, 09:17 PM       
really you would've been way better off saying tom wolfe than thomas pynchon

or john mcphee that is where it is at man

but guys don't forget the point of this thread and that's to be sad about kurt vonnegut being dead cause it's sad that he is dead
Banned

Womti sucksWomti sucksWomti sucksWomti sucks
Old Apr 17th, 2007, 10:45 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat Cheese View Post
Dean Koontz?

he's dead now.
BANNED

Old Apr 17th, 2007, 12:32 PM       
besides being a mediocre writer
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Apr 18th, 2007, 01:11 PM       
There must be a bandwagon that a bunch of fags are jumping on because I went to the bookstore this morning hoping to buy some more Vonnegut and the usual shelf of 25 or so copies of books was all gone except for Slapstick, which I already own and is admittedly not that great either (but hey I liked it )

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
BANNED

Old Apr 18th, 2007, 02:25 PM       
I like to buy them from amazon because they are three dollars cheaper and you can get free shipping which can end up equalling like 9 dollars saved which is almost an entire book.
of course freeshipping takes like a week