Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Son of a Sandworm??!
timrpgland is probably a spambot
Old Mar 24th, 2005, 12:29 PM        PSP
So it's out. Anyone buy it yet? I plan to sometime but it's a bit pricey. I'm still waiitng for the DS to get some good games..

XBOX LIVE: KefkaGrim
Mocker

James sucks
Old Mar 24th, 2005, 01:04 PM        Re: PSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by timrpgland
I'm still waiitng for the DS to get some good games..
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I'm trying my best to hold out. I want one NOW, but I have too many games to beat before I can think about it.
adept_ninja is probably a spambot
Old Mar 24th, 2005, 01:37 PM       
my friends getting one i plan on going over his house and trying it sometime over my spring break i'll get back to you on how it is.
Now with less sodium!

Immortal Goat is probably a spambot
Old Mar 24th, 2005, 01:57 PM        Re: PSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by James
Quote:
Originally Posted by timrpgland
I'm still waiitng for the DS to get some good games..
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I'm trying my best to hold out. I want one NOW, but I have too many games to beat before I can think about it.
Why is that so funny? The games are coming, they just released the system too early.
Fuck Yeah
McClain is probably a spambot
Old Mar 24th, 2005, 02:21 PM        Re: PSP
It's funny because the DS isn't going to get many good games. I thought that was understood by all serious gamers? The DS was a nice idea that was produced well but they didn't get developers on board in a timely fashion. And now they've committed to another version of the gameboy in 2006?! WTF is wrong w/ Nintendo?
Last edited by Chojin : Jan 1st, 2000 at 12:01 AM.
Fuck Yeah
McClain is probably a spambot
Old Mar 24th, 2005, 02:23 PM       
PS - I just got done playing a PSP at an Exchange. I walked away with a BONER.

That screen is so f'n sexy it makes me want to vomit on a hooker!
Last edited by Chojin : Jan 1st, 2000 at 12:01 AM.
Now with less sodium!

Old Mar 24th, 2005, 03:13 PM        Re: PSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by McClain
It's funny because the DS isn't going to get many good games. I thought that was understood by all serious gamers? The DS was a nice idea that was produced well but they didn't get developers on board in a timely fashion. And now they've committed to another version of the gameboy in 2006?! WTF is wrong w/ Nintendo?
I must disagree with you here. I know it is a matter of opinion, but from what I have seen so far, there are some kick-ass games coming out for the DS within the next year or so, and I am happy with that. And the new gameboy thing isn't that bad an idea, becuase my guess is that the DS line will continue, as will the GB line, as two separate entities and completely different games. I know it sounds wierd to have 2 handhelds on the market, but a llong time ago, it was considered wierd to have a console and a handheld on the market at the same time, and up till now, Nintendo has been the only succesful company to do that.
Son of a Sandworm??!
Old Mar 24th, 2005, 03:25 PM       
Mario 64 DS is a worthy launch title cause it isn't just a port of one of the best games ever but nothing good until Metroid.

I got the DS for Christmas and what they have planned for the future will be good. It is Nintendo and games will come out for the DS. They just take forever. It will be like the Gamecube in that regard. At least until the GBA settles down. Nintendo owns handhelds.

August 22 2005 Metroid Prime: Hunters
August 30 2005 Castlevania DS
November 7 2005 Mario Kart DS
2005 Harvest Moon DS
2005 Legend of Zelda DS Nintendo
2005 New Super Mario Bros. Nintendo

As far as 2005 this is reason enough for a serious gamer, myself, to be excited. Not to mention unanounced titles.

I'll prolly wait til Advent Children comes out before I buy the PSP. By then there will be plenty of worthy games.

Now with less sodium!

Old Mar 24th, 2005, 03:33 PM       
Don't forget Animal Crossing DS.

But enough DS talk, this is a PSP thread. The thing is so damn shiny, I could blind someone with it. I never thought I would say this, but I am kinda looking forward to actually owning one.
Whiter than Alabaster
the_dudefather is probably a spambot
Old Mar 24th, 2005, 05:08 PM       
when i first played one i forgot to blink for a good 2 minutes, it is almost too sexy...

taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old Mar 24th, 2005, 09:11 PM       
ill run to my ebgames to play it

SANTO el enmascarado de plata
Drev is probably a spambot
Old Mar 25th, 2005, 12:30 AM       
I would like a PSP but it's too pricy for me right now

Why does everyone keep saying the DS is PSP's cometition? It was made as a way to test how 2 screens would work out. The real competitions will be the new Game Boy scheduled to be relased in 06. :/

Which still hurts Nintendo because of the temporary competition of the DS that the PSP will beat and the delay of the next-gen Game Boy.
Mocker

James sucks
Old Mar 25th, 2005, 01:45 AM        Re: PSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by McClain
I'm so very glad that someone, especially one as significant around these parts as you, is agreeing with me. Because when/if I say it, it's "Oh James is being a retard and he hates Nintendo and he should shut the fuck up." But if YOU say it, everyone's either agreeing with you or respectfully debating.

So yeah, suck it naysyayers.

Edit: As for "OH IT IS TOO PRICEY!" think of this:

2003: GBA SP: $100
2004: Nintendo DS: $150
2005: GBA SP redesign: $100
2006: GB Evolution: $100-$150

2005: PSP: $250.

You'll be spending twice as much or more on Nintendo handhelds because they're putting a new one out each year, and people (YOU) buy them. Meanwhile, the PSP SHOULD have a lifespan of at least 3-4 years. So while you buy a new Nintendo handheld each year, you'll only be buying one PSP and getting some top-quality games often enough to justify paying $250. Meanwhile, you're waiting until August for the next good DS game?

Edit edit: The DS is the PSP's competition, because Nintendo made it that way. Nintendo rushed the DS out before Christmas to get the holiday sales, and to be their answer to the PSP. An attempt to steal their thunder, if you will. Also, since the DS is the "third pillar" for Nintendo, the DS is also the GBA's competition. Which is odd since the DS play GBA games, but they're also planning a new GBA for this year to boost sales again (which dwindled with the DS' release).
LIVE @ THE GHETTO HILTON!
jin is probably a spambot
Old Mar 25th, 2005, 02:55 AM       
I actually bought one of these a little while ago, and it is excellent.

I dont think it should be judged simply on its merits as a games console - although it is outstanding; but also on its multimedia capabilities ;o

You can fit an entire movie on a 512mb card, mp3s or images - all at awesome resolution and with neat navigators/players ;0

When you get the remote with it, you can just run an mp3 album and turn off the screen and put the system on hold ;O

You can rip DivX movies and are able to do gameshare, and even load games off the memory stick- the PC connectivity just hooks up seamlessly and the wifi reciever is pretty intelligent and powerful ;o

It is more awesome than i expected it to be, and with all the features of the OS and the USB/wifi/infrared connectivity, it looks like the perfect system ;D
Son of a Sandworm??!
Old Mar 25th, 2005, 12:35 PM        Re: PSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by James
Edit: As for "OH IT IS TOO PRICEY!" think of this:

2003: GBA SP: $100
2004: Nintendo DS: $150
2005: GBA SP redesign: $100
2006: GB Evolution: $100-$150

2005: PSP: $250.

You'll be spending twice as much or more on Nintendo handhelds because they're putting a new one out each year, and people (YOU) buy them. Meanwhile, the PSP SHOULD have a lifespan of at least 3-4 years. So while you buy a new Nintendo handheld each year, you'll only be buying one PSP and getting some top-quality games often enough to justify paying $250. Meanwhile, you're waiting until August for the next good DS game?

Edit edit: The DS is the PSP's competition, because Nintendo made it that way. Nintendo rushed the DS out before Christmas to get the holiday sales, and to be their answer to the PSP. An attempt to steal their thunder, if you will. Also, since the DS is the "third pillar" for Nintendo, the DS is also the GBA's competition. Which is odd since the DS play GBA games, but they're also planning a new GBA for this year to boost sales again (which dwindled with the DS' release).
As far as the prices are concerned, this is for one item. It's normally easier to spend money in different places instead of a bunch all at once. It does screw over the customers at least if they want to buy them all. So far from that list though, the DS and SP is out. That's still $250 and I didn't pay for either of them (I did pay for the original GBA tho and that thing is just sitting there). I won't be getting the redesign and I haven't looked much into a new hand held from Nintendo.

It's stupid to say that the DS isn't getting any good games though. In my opinion the Zelda, Mario and Metroid titles along with exclusive Nintendo titles is enough for someone like me to own a DS (even though I didn't pay for it, I probably would have). I just can't miss those titles since I still get the giddy feeling when playing a new one. The DS and GBA are the PSPs competition, there are no plans to stop producing GBA games in the near/semi-distant future. As far as the consoles against each other, being cross platform does hurt sales of the actual GBA console but people owning either the DS or GBA intend to buy GBA games. SP redesign is a odd idea but hey it's there if you want to buy it. I enjoy the SP's design as it is. I would like them to focus on something though.

It isn't like I'm missing out on the other systems. I own all the new consoles (except for the PSP) and all of them have enough games to justify their purchases. Maybe that's me because I play too many vids and every system has games that are must owns but are only on that particular system. From the other thread, if you only own 4 gba games, you just aren't interested or aren't looking hard enough for good games on the console. The GBA has some very good titles.

Hay Ladiez! Howzit going?
BlueOatmeal is probably a spambot
Old Mar 26th, 2005, 07:31 PM       
My friend got one and Twisted Metal Head On, Its pretty neat. Although I dont' like the stick on it and the d-pad makes my hand hurt after a while.

CALL ME! CALLL MEEE! WHY DON'T YOU CALL THIS NUMBER NOW!678-416-3492 How about it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emu
What the fuck are you talking about? He loves da ladiez.
Royal Tenenbaum is probably a spambot
Old Mar 27th, 2005, 02:48 AM       
I'll wait for the Final Fantasy game for PSP until I get one. It looks awesome though.
Mocker

Helm is probably a spambot
Old Mar 27th, 2005, 04:57 AM       
This DS hesitation and announcing a new system for 06 (ONE YEAR FROM NOW) shows Nintendo is a bit confused. Or more than a bit. As the DS is a powerful piece of handheld equipment, I can't see why developers won't make at least a dozen awesome games for it until it dies. And a dozen awesome games are good enough for a system. More isn't better. But the fact that they've announced a new handheld sort of betrays anyone's trust in the current handheld. Bad marketing.
Royal Tenenbaum is probably a spambot
Old Mar 27th, 2005, 01:08 PM       
The DS is the next Virtual Boy. Only buy Nintendo systems if you love Nintendo games. If you expect any other companies to make games for it, you're probably going to end up hurt. I only bought a GameCube once they became really cheap and lots of first-party software was on the market.
Banned
Location: Illinois, Alberta, Canada, Thailand, Space, Groundling Marsh, Manhattan, Man Hat Ton
ArrowX sucks
Old Mar 27th, 2005, 01:13 PM       
I'm gonna agree with helm about Nintendo knot knowing where their not doing with the DS. Think back to launch they Re-Designed the DS's case to make it look nicer because they didn't think it would sell.

EDITED
Mocker
pjalne is probably a spambot
Old Mar 27th, 2005, 01:32 PM       
Those aren't real words.
Now with less sodium!

Old Mar 27th, 2005, 07:43 PM       
I just played Untold Legends on one, and I must say, it is pretty damned slick. The analog nub was much better than I thought it would be, and the screen is godly. This is definitely going to be mine when they stop selling the bundle packs.