Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

derrida is probably a spambot
Old Jan 28th, 2006, 06:02 PM        Safe Injection Facilities
"Our review suggests that SIFs target several public health problems that municipalities in North America may wish to consider, problems largely unaddressed by needle exchange, street-outreach, education campaigns, HIV counseling, and other conventional services. SIFs target injectors' use of public spaces to inject drugs in order to reduce the many risks associated with the practice. Compared to conventional services, SIFs provide greater opportunities for health workers to connect with injectors, and to move them into primary care, drug treatment, and other rehabilitation services. Finally, SIFs target the 'nuisance factor' of drug scenes -- the hazardous litter and intimidating presence of injectors congregating in city parks, public playgrounds and on street corners -- by offering them an alternative, supervised 'public' space. Our review also suggests that, for municipalities considering SIFs in order to address these problems, their implementation would not necessarily require any significant or fundamental changes in public policy or law: SIFs require the same working agreements with social service providers and the police that needle exchange, street-outreach, drug treatment and similar health programs for injectors already receive."

Broadhead, Robert S., Thomas Kerr, Jean-Paul C. Grund, and Frederick L. Altice, "Safer Injection Facilities in North America: Their Place in Public Policy and Health Initiatives," Journal of Drug Issues (Tallahassee, FL: Florida State University, Winter 2002), Vol. 32, No. 1, p. 347-8.
Mocker
Big Papa Goat is probably a spambot
Old Jan 28th, 2006, 06:19 PM       
It's actually a pretty good idea, I mean, besides the objections people will have to tax dollars going towards the facilitation of drug use. But people object to tax dollars going towards lots of things, they can deal with it.
Banned

Womti sucksWomti sucksWomti sucksWomti sucks
Old Jan 28th, 2006, 06:26 PM       
at the shelter I stay at, they have free needle cleaning kits.
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Jan 28th, 2006, 07:33 PM       
I don't get how this is consistent with anti-drug laws. It's not legal for them to buy or have, but if they manage to get it back to BASE to use it, it's ok? Or do they have to run through a gauntlet of officers to get in or out?
Old Jan 28th, 2006, 07:46 PM       
Chojin, doses are administered by doctors in the facilities. SIFs are for people who are dope sick, not recreational users.

Kulturkampf is probably a spambot
Old Jan 29th, 2006, 04:46 AM       
I vote:

No money to help drug addict scum. Let them go to charities or do it themselves.

You might say:

"But this will spread disease and lead to a more unsafe environment for these drug users."

I say:

They lead such sickening lifestyles and are so pathetic that they cannot even do basic things like 'not get AIDS.' For most people in N. America, if you said: "HEy, this weekend don't go otu and get AIDS, do not use heroin, and do not quit your job and start livign on the streets as a homeless vagrant."

They would laugh.

But there is a small amoutn of people in the world who are of such pathetic standards that they would actually fail at a simpel task like: "Don't use intraveinous drugs." "Don't get AIDS."

I say:

If you are that stupid, it would be better for us to let you die off in your world of disease and despair.

I have no sympathy for scum.
say what now?
Geggy is probably a spambot
Old Jan 29th, 2006, 07:38 AM       
Yeah I agree. Them scums shouldn't be helped at all. SIF is a waste of money. I hope the problem becomes so widespread it will get come to you in a big way so that drug addict scums beat you senselessly with their dead babies for change in your pocket every time you walk out so they can afford buy heroin. I hope they stab you in the arm with an used syringe after you've refused to cough up a buck and told them to "fuck off". I hope the needle sticking in your arm has full blown HIV so you can die a slow and painful death from AIDS with no one to help you, let alone leaving you to rot in the dark alley for the rats to nibble on you for snacks.

So why don't you fuck off and get aneurysm. Oh wait you're supposed to have a brain to have aneurysm. So scratch that. Why don't you just fuck off?
say what now?
Geggy is probably a spambot
Old Jan 29th, 2006, 07:38 AM       
Yeah I agree. Them scums shouldn't be helped at all. SIF is a waste of money. I hope the problem becomes so widespread it will get come to you in a big way so that drug addict scums beat you senselessly with their dead babies for change in your pocket every time you walk out so they can afford buy heroin. I hope they stab you in the arm with an used syringe after you've refused to cough up a buck and told them to "fuck off". I hope the needle sticking in your arm has full blown HIV so you can die a slow and painful death from AIDS with no one to help you, let alone leaving you to rot in the dark alley for the rats to nibble on you for snacks.

So why don't you fuck off and get aneurysm. Oh wait you're supposed to have a brain to have aneurysm. So scratch that. Why don't you just fuck off?
Stone Pants Rabbit
Cosmo Electrolux is probably a spambot
Old Jan 29th, 2006, 09:21 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kulturkampf
I vote:

No money to help drug addict scum. Let them go to charities or do it themselves.

You might say:

"But this will spread disease and lead to a more unsafe environment for these drug users."

I say:

They lead such sickening lifestyles and are so pathetic that they cannot even do basic things like 'not get AIDS.' For most people in N. America, if you said: "HEy, this weekend don't go otu and get AIDS, do not use heroin, and do not quit your job and start livign on the streets as a homeless vagrant."

They would laugh.

But there is a small amoutn of people in the world who are of such pathetic standards that they would actually fail at a simpel task like: "Don't use intraveinous drugs." "Don't get AIDS."

I say:

If you are that stupid, it would be better for us to let you die off in your world of disease and despair.

I have no sympathy for scum.
You're scum.... scum of a different sort....but scum none the less.
Mocker
Dole is probably a spambot
Old Jan 29th, 2006, 10:24 AM       
There but for the grace of God go completey worthless fuckwits like Kiki.

Typical blinkered fucking moral-high ground wanker who could really do with paying a trip to planet earth at some point.
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Jan 29th, 2006, 11:09 AM       
So who else that doesn't share your narrow worldview should die, MeinKampfy? The public needs to know!
Pharaoh is probably a spambot
Old Jan 29th, 2006, 11:56 AM       
How about smug, self-righteous, looney leftiist hippies, like you, Chojin?
Level 29 ♂
Emu is probably a real personEmu is probably a real person
Old Jan 29th, 2006, 12:00 PM       
Wow, you degraded into mindless insults faster than most. I'm impressed.
Old Jan 29th, 2006, 12:07 PM       
I'm just trying to fit in and be like you guys, I'm trying to integrate.
was never good
Old Jan 29th, 2006, 12:34 PM       
Man, is it POSSIBLE for you guys to lose an argument? I'm starting to think it's hopeless!
Old Jan 29th, 2006, 03:03 PM       
It's possible, but not with you idiots.
Old Jan 29th, 2006, 03:35 PM       
If kk knew a little more about the world they'd realize that this approach actually costs less than the alternative.

kk you are from the suburbs and you listen to oi.

Your politics are more idealistic than all but the most unwashed of hippies. Your whole thing sounds like a huge romantic jerk off, esp. when you use words like "fight". Of course violent drug fiends and gangsters don't bother you. You live in the motherfucking suburbs where heroin users are middle class kids just like you. If you want to justify privilege try to be more opaque.

I have a question for you, kk: how much does it cost to convict and imprison the average drug dealer?
Old Jan 29th, 2006, 03:43 PM       
Is Uijeongbu, Gyeonggi-do an American suburb?
Old Jan 29th, 2006, 05:05 PM       
No, it's a prosperous suburb of Seoul. Vagrants and drug dealers aren't usually allowed to roam military bases, anyway, which is where I assume kk lives, unless he's even more of a rich bitch than I thought and is in Korea to party or attend university.

Do you have a point or an argument or are you just fucking with me?
Level 29 ♂
Old Jan 29th, 2006, 06:07 PM       
Because only America has suburbs, right
Old Jan 29th, 2006, 06:12 PM       
Yes, why would a privileged rich bitch be stuck in a military base in Korea?
Level 29 ♂
Old Jan 29th, 2006, 06:13 PM       
I have a better question that might answer that one: Why isn't he stationed in Iraq?
Old Jan 29th, 2006, 06:15 PM       
Well why isn't every soldier stationed in Iraq, you dickhead?
Mocker
Dole is probably a spambot
Old Jan 29th, 2006, 06:22 PM       
give it time, they probably will be.
Old Jan 29th, 2006, 06:25 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pharaoh
Yes, why would a privileged rich bitch be stuck in a military base in Korea?
Why am I not surprised that you are unaware of the fact that there are reasons for joining the military other than being poor?

PERHAPS HE JOINED THE MILITARY YOU UNSUFFERABLE SPED

GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY OFFICE