Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Mocker

James sucks
Old Sep 26th, 2004, 10:25 AM        Why should I like Kill Bill?
I watched it on Starz last night, and I was intending to order Vol. 2 from On Demand right after, to watch them back to back. But I was also intending to enjoy Vol. 1 more than I did. Maybe it was just overhyped by all the praise, and my expectations were made to be higher. Maybe I missed something. Maybe it sucks.

I'm not really coming out and saying I think it sucks. After reading some opinions about Lost in Translation after not liking that as much as everyone else, I'm willing to give that another try. So if someone could tell me what is so great about this movie, I might be able to look at it in a different light.
Hitler's Canoe!
MetalMilitia is probably a spambot
Old Sep 26th, 2004, 10:40 AM       
Well i think the best bits are the fight scenes and the way it is made and directed for instance when it has the story of the japanise assasin woman and it goes into anime (yes i know most people here hate it) its just cool. But i suppose the film isnt for everyone.
I would not advise watching the second one if you didnt like the first one though. IMO its no where near as good, but alot of people would probably disagree with me.
Mocker
whoreable is probably a spambot
Old Sep 26th, 2004, 10:49 AM       
i love the fucking cheesiness of them.
Captain Goodtimes is probably a spambot
Old Sep 26th, 2004, 11:14 AM       
You shouldn't have to.
Crying Baby Jesus is probably a spambot
Old Sep 26th, 2004, 12:14 PM       
I just liked pai mei

punkgrrrlie10 is probably a spambot
Old Sep 26th, 2004, 12:31 PM       
you have to have watched alot of cheesy 80's martial arts films to appreciate these films, including the ones that are seriously dubbed. It takes that style and makes fun of it while making it modern and using chicks for fighters.
Lingonberry pancakes
Mad Melvin is probably a real personMad Melvin is probably a real person
Old Sep 26th, 2004, 12:35 PM       
I think VOL.2 was much better. I mean, Budd is like the coolest character ever.
Hitler's Canoe!
MetalMilitia is probably a spambot
Old Sep 26th, 2004, 01:19 PM       
this guy rocks...

Old Sep 26th, 2004, 01:39 PM       
yeah hes so popula hes everywhere these days that crazyX
Whiter than Alabaster
the_dudefather is probably a spambot
Old Sep 26th, 2004, 02:55 PM       
vol 2 also has estaban (spelling?)

"where eeez beeelll?"

Mocker
Jixby Phillips is probably a spambot
Old Sep 26th, 2004, 03:05 PM       
Up untill this movie, I was such a fag about the idea of a movie only being good on the big screen. I'm not at all a fan of the kind of action movie that usually gets the claim of "you HAVE to see it on the big screen," my thing was always that if a movie isn't any good on video, then it just isn't any good. Any movie I've ever seen in the theater because I HAD to see it on the big screen, I always thought blew. So it's a big deal to me that I find myself saying this:

Kill Bill volume 1 seriously needs to be seen on the big screen. I don't think I've ever seen any movie EVER that made me claim this, but this one really fucking does. I have it on DVD and I only watched it once because ever since it left the theaters I wanted to see it again. I saw Kill Bill over and over in the theater, and every time I did I fucking loved it. And since I worked at a theater I could go and see it anytime I wanted, so it was almost like I had it on video. When it left theaters, all I wanted was to own it on DVD. I didn't care about volume 2 (which I've only actually seen once). I thought I would love it on DVD because I'd been wanting to see the fucking movie for so long. I thought it was going to be like some kind of huge release when I finally got the DVD home to watch it, but it was really kind of blah. Tarintino made this movie to be seen in the theater. REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY he did. I'm planning to see it in the theater again when I get a chance.

So if you REALLY want to give this movie another chance, wait untill you can see it on a big screen. Maybe it'll be at a midnight showing, or a college campus, or something like that. And if it takes a long time for you to find it in the theaters, that's even better, it'll be fresher to you when you finally do get to see it. Video sucks for this movie.

Old Sep 26th, 2004, 03:18 PM       
I've only seen it at home on DVD and I loved it.
NEW FACE IN HELL
Rongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's army
Old Sep 26th, 2004, 03:21 PM       
The first time i saw Kill Bill in theaters i didnt really like it. I thought it was extremely over hyped and even a little boring. When vol. 2 came out i bought vol. 1 to refresh my memory before i saw it and because my friend didnt want to see vol. 2 without seeing vol.1. When i watched it with him i still didnt like it that much. But after that i found myself watching it over and over again. And i now i love it. I think it's one of the coolest movies ever made. It might take you a few watches to like it like it did with me.

In my opinion Vol. 2 is better :/
Captain Goodtimes is probably a spambot
Old Sep 26th, 2004, 03:55 PM       
I totally agree with Jixby, I mean i had it even worse, I watched Kill Bill on my computer screen, even though it was ok on there I had to see it in the theaters, so i shlled out 15 bucks to see it and it is spectacular, they don't even seem like the same movie.
Lingonberry pancakes
Mad Melvin is probably a real personMad Melvin is probably a real person
Old Sep 26th, 2004, 03:58 PM       
Quote:
vol 2 also has estaban
Fun fact:
In case someone didnt notice, Michael Parks who plays Esteban, is also the sheriff in Kill Bill 1.
Mocker

James sucks
Old Sep 26th, 2004, 03:59 PM       
It may just be that I'm not a Quentin Tarantino fan (this is the first film of his I've seen). It may just be I've never seen the movies that this film emulated.

The fights seemed pretty slow and calculated, and anti-climactic (aside from the initial brawl). The dialogue seemed really badly written at times. And there was a great lack in character development, and when there WAS development, it felt so forced and out of place (the animation sequence, for example. It MAKES itself out of place).

If it's an ode to cheesy films, fine. But since I don't have anything to base it on, it just seems like another cheesy film to me. And I suppose it doesn't help that everyone was all "OMG THIS MOVIE IS SO GREAT IT'S THE BEST MOVIE EVER" and I ended up expecting something different than what I got.
NEW FACE IN HELL
Rongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's army
Old Sep 26th, 2004, 04:01 PM       
if you need some reference i would suggest any other kung fu movie david caradine has been it.

Old Sep 26th, 2004, 04:02 PM       
I'm only half a Tarantino fan. I hate pulp fiction but loved reservoir dogs.
Old Sep 26th, 2004, 04:31 PM       
Tarentino looks like a really fagged up Bruce campbell.
Level 29 ♂
Emu is probably a real personEmu is probably a real person
Old Sep 26th, 2004, 09:47 PM       
That long animated sequence where they went into the background of that one Japanese girl pissed me off. It was so pointless and horrible.

McMock is probably a spambot
Old Sep 26th, 2004, 09:51 PM       
You can tell that Quentin Tarantino had a lot of fun playing with peoples expectations in this movie. For example, there is the very first scene, where there's a dialogue between Bill and the Bride, and the gunshot comes at the moment you did not expect that to happen at all. That came as a complete shock to me, and I loved it. Another big example of that is the final fight with the crazy 88 gang, right before you think the showdown between the Bride and Lucy Liu is coming. And there are many more like that.

That, plus the funny, over the top violence which you really have to laugh at, made this movie good for me, and one of my personal favourites.
Lord Felch Demon
Ninjavenom is probably a spambot
Old Sep 26th, 2004, 10:23 PM       
The anime sequence was neither pointless nor horrible, quit being a bandwagon anti-anime fag.

You should like this movie because you honestly enjoy it. Don't force yourself. Just give it a second chance in the theater as suggested, and if that fails, i guess it's not for you.
Mocker
The Retro Kat is probably a spambot
Old Sep 26th, 2004, 10:59 PM       
Tarintino had to make the anime sequence cause the live action was too violent for R. I don't like anime, but I looked past that into what actually happened and it talked about. I enjoyed both movies and just the subject matter that the bride came across was awesome. Those movies were tits.
Gas and masturbation are highly unlikely to be connected with each other. Have you tried to stop masturbating? Has the gas subsided as a result? Perhaps you could try the same experiment by increasing the times you masturbate daily. Do you notice that the gas is increasing?
Level 29 ♂
Emu is probably a real personEmu is probably a real person
Old Sep 26th, 2004, 11:31 PM       
I didn't hate it because it was anime, I hated it because it was long, boring, and it didn't fit. The fact that it was anime is just insult to injury.
Mocker

James sucks
Old Sep 26th, 2004, 11:48 PM       
Was it REALLY anime, though? It just seemed more like an animated sequence, and not necessarily anime. The characters didn't seem to have the exaggerated features.

For me, it went on for so long, really taking you out of the movie. Had it been shortened and not so over-the-top with the violence, it would have gotten to the point and effectively given her some background. It was also a bit foolish to have Uma relay information that you really don't think she'd have so much of. I know the sequence wasn't supposed to reflect what she knew, but it should have, and been a bit more direct.

And it was so out of place, too. If they'd had more scenes like it, it would have been a great technique. But it just jumps out of nowhere, and nothing ever comes of it. It'd be like if Uma started rapping when she got out of her coma.

I'm the Bride
and I'm here to say
I'm after Bill
For killin' my bay-BAY!
Word.