Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Music
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Aug 27th, 2010, 06:07 PM       
I dunno I'd even say the Clash or Elvis Costello are punk. At least, they're not the first I'd think of.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Aug 27th, 2010, 06:17 PM       
You call that crapfest fun? I suppose listening to babies cry is a great way to spend the afternoon as well.
Forum Virgin

BatDan is probably a spambot
Old Aug 27th, 2010, 06:19 PM       
well that's probably because alot people forgot what real punk is, everything from the mid 80s up to the 00s killed punk in my opinion.

and also Elvis and Clash transcend the punk genre by experiementing with different styles, but they were still true innovators, they had the DIY and in your face attitude, a social and political conscience, they spoke the truth, and above all they created their own unique sound.

EDIT:
"You call that crapfest fun? I suppose listening to babies cry is a great way to spend the afternoon as well".

what's your idea of 'fun' music?

There hasnt been music fun music in a looong time, then again, i hear Lady Gaga and Jonas Brothers are just true inspiring artists, that have a strong intelligent influence on our modern youth and society.

i feel a juicy debate coming on..
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Aug 27th, 2010, 06:32 PM       
When I think of punk, I think of X-Ray Specs.
Forum Virgin

Old Aug 27th, 2010, 06:53 PM       
i like them too.

but theres other forms of punk, some acts were alot more abrasive raw-rock and roll, like Dead Boys, and Pistols, while some acts were more lyrical based like The Jam, Costello,Clash, John Cooper Clarke was considered punk artist and all he did was spoken word poems, and some acts were just out there like Talking Heads. they all sounded different but they still had the essence and energy of punk.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Aug 27th, 2010, 07:29 PM       
I think i get what fat dan is saying. Even though my asshole isn't technically a part of the punk genre i think that it has the essence and energy of punk.
Forum Virgin

Old Aug 27th, 2010, 07:41 PM       
if that's the case, i'd really like to take a listen to your asshole.

anyway, if ALL artists/bands want to tie themselves down to the generic confines of the way their 'genre' is supposed to 'sound', then that doesnt really help them stand out or mature as musicians does it?
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Aug 28th, 2010, 11:14 AM       
I went to see GBH a few weeks ago and during the middle of their set their singer said how much he hated people like BatDan. I didn't know what he was talking about then but now I do.
Forum Virgin

Old Aug 28th, 2010, 11:34 AM       
lol, i'm not trolling, im just making conversation.
...Pause at the Beginning
Aaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty ok
Old Aug 28th, 2010, 08:07 PM       
this album is fucking excellent:
http://mississippimoan.blogspot.com/...-all-1974.html

this is how i like my blues. acoustic guitar, very little accompaniment.
Superior Electric Sheep
replicant is probably a spambot
Old Nov 19th, 2010, 12:28 AM       
First Aid Kit - The Big Black & Blue

Track: Ghost Town...

Love these gals.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BKUjnyf8uY
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Nov 19th, 2010, 12:50 AM       

This is some dorky-ass shit, I can't get enough of it lately. I wish they'd make more albums

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Nov 20th, 2010, 02:10 PM       
I need some music. What does it sound like Milkhouse?
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Nov 20th, 2010, 03:56 PM       
weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen

and they might be giants lol
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Nov 21st, 2010, 01:35 PM       
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uv38m36-nsU

frappez le cochon rouge
Old Nov 21st, 2010, 01:49 PM       
Now where have I heard that before?
SKATASTIC
Old Nov 21st, 2010, 07:16 PM       
I don't know if I can deal with the vocals on the Battles song. The instrumentation sounds pretty good. Around 3 minutes into it it sound like

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ypkv0HeUvTc

though
Old Nov 21st, 2010, 07:28 PM       
I myself also wish the vocals didn't sound like gay little elves. Vocals are rare on the album but it's always distorted like that

Superior Electric Sheep
replicant is probably a spambot
Old Nov 26th, 2010, 11:18 AM       
Re-visiting Onmyouza and their Garyo Tensei album
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxTbgEg7Ifs
Banned
dunn8392 is probably a spambot
Old Nov 29th, 2010, 03:54 AM       
I have been listening to the Seams EP non-stop. He's a producer from London and it's the best music I've heard in awhile. The EP is streaming BALLS and it's totally worth listening to!

Last edited by executioneer : Dec 16th, 2010 at 11:44 AM. Reason: no spamlinks >:o
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Nov 29th, 2010, 04:48 PM       
zero7 - when it falls
eskmo - eskmo
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Dec 6th, 2010, 03:07 AM       
Banned
dunn8392 is probably a spambot
Old Dec 6th, 2010, 05:49 AM       
The Magnetic Fields - The Wayward Bus/Distant Plastic Trees

PLEASE FONDUE MY BUTTOCKS

They are amazing!

Last edited by executioneer : Dec 16th, 2010 at 11:49 AM. Reason: that.. was just a wikipedia link but i am still editing it out on principle
frappez le cochon rouge
Old Dec 8th, 2010, 11:26 PM       

FUCKING AMAZING. Consider this a recommendation in the highest degree.
Old Dec 9th, 2010, 01:08 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fathom Zero View Post
I was extremely disappointed when I learned that the name of the album wasn't actually "Big Black Songs About Fucking"