Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Miscellaneous Forums > Questions, Suggestions, and Tech Support
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Mocker
Jixby Phillips is probably a spambot
Old Jan 11th, 2005, 06:00 AM        f*cking AIM
So, I keep getting these messages that say CONNECTION LOST, when I try to sign on to aim. "1. Connecting" or whatever, you know, right after you sign in? and then i get the connection lost message. I restarted my computor, left it alone overnight, etc, not knowing what else to do besides hope it fixest itself. I even resorted to updating (I had an older version for like ever because I heard how awful the changes were). And that worked! I downloaded the latest version, installed it, ran it, and signed in succesfully. signed off before I went to bed, woke up, and the problem started all over again.

This is really fucking irritating, because not only am i not able to get on aim, but I updated it to the shitty version for no reason, a version which is kinda wonky with AIM+ (AIM+ automatically saves your conversations as they go along, thats what I use it for, and it routinely "clears" the aim window so it can "get a perfect record" of your chat or something? anyway, a box pops up and you cant do anything untill you click okay, accnowledging that the window is about to be cleared. well now anytime somebody sends me a picture, the window clears, meaning i'm unable to see the picture before its gone. I guess I need to update AIM+ as well).

does anybody know what the problem is? I admit I haven't looked around very hard for answers. i have had lots of homework latley and have taken this as a blessing in disguise, as I'd probably end up never doing my homework if aim were working.
dipshed
GADZOOKS is probably a spambot
Old Jan 11th, 2005, 06:05 AM       
I use to have AIM+ and got thos eproblems all the time, when I ditched that that the problems went away. Do you get a blue screen error or soemthing as well, becausethat usually ruins your connection no matter what it is.

The Wrong Melon Farmer

Sacks is probably pretty okSacks is probably pretty okSacks is probably pretty ok
Old Jan 11th, 2005, 06:20 AM       
www.oldversion.com. Stick with the classics.
The Wrong Melon Farmer

Sacks is probably pretty okSacks is probably pretty okSacks is probably pretty ok
Old Jan 11th, 2005, 06:21 AM       
Oops, I hit submit before I could explain I had that problem too and it eventually just went away.
The Wrong Melon Farmer

Old Jan 11th, 2005, 06:23 AM       
Hey again fellas! :D! Versions not Version! It's plural! How about that?! Round three! I'm the best!
dipshed
GADZOOKS is probably a spambot
Old Jan 11th, 2005, 07:13 AM       
The comedy rule of threes doesn't work with you.

Hitler's Canoe!
MetalMilitia is probably a spambot
Old Jan 11th, 2005, 08:44 AM       
Not sure what the problem might be but you could try using GAIM

http://gaim.sourceforge.net/about.php

Its a pretty decent messenger for MSN but i've never tried it with AIM. From the name i'd guess it works ok.