Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Oct 13th, 2005, 03:50 PM       
Thank you ziggy, robert anton wilson is one of my favorite writers. I have the illuminatis trilogy and cosmic trigger and prometheus rising. Such great books. I actually enjoy reading RAW more than Timothy leary and Korzybski, mostly because he's so damnned funny but also because he just has so much knowledge ;/
If you haven't read prometheus rising and cosmic trigger by robert anton wilson I really reccomend it. Rather than being a "Sci-fi" book like the IT, it's actually more of a book on (quantum)psychology, more specifically on timothy leary's 8 circuit system(that's Prometheus Rising). He talks about alot of other stuff, too, though. Cosmic trigger is just great.
I have those books in ebook form if you want..

"He does fucking jimsonweed? Seriously?"

Yesh.. I've done jimson weed, it's pretty crazy stuff(at the time i was at this place where we had to sleep on bunk beds, and i fell off like ten times because i couldn't tell i was on a bunk bed.. where the bed ended, i thought there was a floor. The same thing would happen with stairs and just about anything else... right now im watching a daddy long legs kill a pincher bug). They also talk about Salvia divonorum quite a bit, and don juan(his teacher) tells him how jimson weed is good for power while salvia(which is what don juan uses) is good for seeing. Then a little bird attacks him and breaks his arm.
Also, when he does mescaline he pees on this guys dog and i guess the dog gets even.

"Hey you craven little she-male"

I seriously can't tell if you're talking to me or vince

Today i get to go deal with some retarded time-share thing so i can get my 'free' trip to mexico. This is so awesome, now i can get some fine mexican medication.(plus food, oh how i love food)
Now with less sodium!

Immortal Goat is probably a spambot
Old Oct 13th, 2005, 05:37 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Papa Goat
Also, becoming a pagan seems to me like a pretty contrived and inauthentic idea.
Well, it does seem pretty strange in the modern day world, but I have been studying it for a while now, and the beliefs just make more sense to me. I have always held a great reverence for nature, felt that the "One God, One Life" thing didn't make much sense, and that there are things that I can't explain, like Magick.

VinceZeb is probably a spambot
Old Oct 14th, 2005, 12:10 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanette X
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceZeb

Any reason that Old European Paganism couldn't have gotten it's traditions and symbols from Judeo-Christanity?
If you bothered to crack a book once in while, you'd know that Judeo-Christianity started in the Middle East and didn't fucking spread into Europe until long after Europe had developed its own pagan traditions.

That is such an utterly stupid question that I laughed out loud at it.
You should spend more time in the kitchen cooking dinner and less time on the internet. I know all about the conversion of the Roman Empire to Christanity during the 300's and the symbolism that was absorbed into the Chrisitian culture, such as having Christmas on Dec 25th. Yet you accuse me of never cracking a book.

I only want to hear two words out of your mouth ever again:

"Dinner's ready."
Now with less sodium!

Old Oct 14th, 2005, 12:29 AM       
I'm sorry, I forgot that this was the "Cowardly bigoted asshole" thread. Silly me, thinking you would ever say anything intelligent.
xXxASPERGERSxXx
CaptainBubba is probably a spambot
Old Oct 14th, 2005, 12:36 AM       
Quote:

You should spend more time in the kitchen cooking dinner and less time on the internet. I know all about the conversion of the Roman Empire to Christanity during the 300's and the symbolism that was absorbed into the Chrisitian culture, such as having Christmas on Dec 25th. Yet you accuse me of never cracking a book.
First off: Kudos for making the woman in the kitchen joke. It shows a great deal of hutspa, not to mention class.

Really all I want to say is its awesome how much leeway Christian Samurai are apparently given in the proper spelling of Christian.
Rosenstern is probably a spambot
Old Oct 14th, 2005, 12:48 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by kahljorn
Monotheistic religions are just as ridiculous. I don't know why you assume I favor some other religion just because i trash talked yours at it's most critical point(the stupidness).
I'm not a Wiccan. I was just making an observation, you prick.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Oct 14th, 2005, 02:43 AM       
"i just happen to be one of those agnostic pagans"

I had no idea why you posted that so i thought since you were including your own belief system you were attaching yourself to it or something. Really, why else would you let me know your religion..?
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Oct 14th, 2005, 09:35 AM       
I'm not even sure that is Vinth. I could swear that was just a cut n' paste of a post of his from over a year ago. Vinth is too big of a pussy to show up now that all his arch conservative heroes are biting at each other like a pack of rabid dogs in a pit. He might have to weigh in on wether he sides with his uber hero Bush or his wet dream Coulter. Too big a pansy for that kind of action. Too much mouth, not enough spine. We've seen the last of the real Vinth.
Mocker

kellychaos is probably a spambot
Old Oct 14th, 2005, 04:01 PM       
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preechr
I thought it was 3 Gods, 1 Female and 2 Male... :/

Old European Paganism is fun to look at because that's where modern Christianity gets most of it's seemingly senseless array of traditions and symbols. As for any non-entertainment oriented benefit to paganism, I guess, maybe... early work on the calendar?
Any reason that Old European Paganism couldn't have gotten it's traditions and symbols from Judeo-Christanity?
Your answer is in his statement. The fact that the pagan religions have but a few of the traditions each while Christianity has an array of them from different sources suggests, in all probability, that the latter borrowed from and is a culmination of the former.

Wherever you go, there you are.
BANNED

Old Oct 14th, 2005, 04:19 PM       
From what I remember they did it to satisfy the pagans so they would be more inclined to stick with it/join.

Plus every religion has to have a day off. The world would go mad without it.
=======

Preechr is probably a spambot
Old Oct 14th, 2005, 05:57 PM       
Christmas trees, Easter Eggs, THE FREAKIN CROSS... C'mon, Vince ol' buddy... Christianity is all about the one, single message... the one thing you HAVE to know to get into heaven. In early Europe, when whomever the king was that day decided what your religion was, pagans were made to be believers.

"I'm sorry, ma'am, you have to be Christian now."

"Can I still put up a Christmas tree?"

"Umm, sure. Just think of Jesus when you do it."

"Ok."

Go to Africa. That's pretty much still the way missionary work is done. Whatever it takes.

Seriously. Go to Africa.

How can someone who obviously thinks so much of their ideas have so little respect for expressing them? How can someone who so yearns to be taken seriously make so little effort?!
=======

Preechr is probably a spambot
Old Oct 14th, 2005, 06:02 PM       
Pre-emptive:

Yes, the cross. Haven't you ever wondered how it came about that the folks that love Jesus would adopt an icon of his horrible death as a symbol of his worship? True, it was used as a Christian symbol before European pagans added it (it was a part of their harvest celebrations... binding together wheat stalks from this years harvest in cross form and hanging it on the wall for next year,) but it was also a religious symbol long before Jesus was born and assimilated into Christian tradition later. Convenient.

Now, go and get on a plane for Africa.

How can someone who obviously thinks so much of their ideas have so little respect for expressing them? How can someone who so yearns to be taken seriously make so little effort?!
BANNED

Old Oct 14th, 2005, 06:09 PM       
A rendition of the ankh maybe, the ankh is a symbol of life and sometimes eternal life. That could be somewhat fitting...
There was some other stuff i read about the symbology of the cross and it's use in egypt and other ancient civilizations, but i can't remember exactly. Although one thing that i do recall is that in at least one culture the symbol of the cross actually meant somebody who would die and be reborn again.
Mocker

Old Oct 15th, 2005, 11:00 AM       
it was simply a method of execution, people ... please w/e

The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Oct 15th, 2005, 02:42 PM       
Preech, before you make Vinth to go to Africa it is only fair towarn him, the place is crawling with Negroes.

They don't call it the 'Dark' continent for nothing!
AngPur is probably a spambot
Old Oct 15th, 2005, 11:15 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preechr
Christianity is all about the one, single message... the one thing you HAVE to know to get into heaven.
Yes, but Christians, and the churches often deviate from that, not only in missionary work, but in their own accords. Christ didn't say anything about needing to conquer back the holy lands in a series of crusades. So although it may be very true that pure unadultered Christianity doesn't borrow from paganism, Christians and their associated traditions sure as hell do. (PUN!)
Mocker

Old Oct 17th, 2005, 05:28 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by mburbank
Preech, before you make Vinth to go to Africa it is only fair towarn him, the place is crawling with Negroes.

They don't call it the 'Dark' continent for nothing!
I almost hate you for making me laugh at this.

Now with less sodium!

Old Oct 17th, 2005, 11:31 PM       
I would like to formally apologize to Max for this thread. I realize that you were trying to draw out the troll under the bridge, and that since he only appears when the planets are in the proper allignment, I have foiled your plans of ever hearing his response to your thread.

If it is any consolation to you, the real victim here, I am already bitter at the age of 19 and my job sucks. There. Something to comfort you in the night, like a security blanket. I know it pales in comparison to seeing Vinth take sides, but I hope that my small contribution of bitterness can be of use to you.