Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Level 29 ♂
Emu is probably a real personEmu is probably a real person
Old Apr 27th, 2006, 05:54 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chojin
Console gaming killed arcades and has reduced PC gamers to a shivering, naked cabal of deviants who ritually burn money in sacrifice for their dark gods. It's a larger industry than music and is threatening to topple theatre.

All I'm saying is that maybe you're a bit uninformed.
correction: console gaming is dead IN SPIRIT :/
Banned
Location: Illinois, Alberta, Canada, Thailand, Space, Groundling Marsh, Manhattan, Man Hat Ton
ArrowX sucks
Old Apr 27th, 2006, 08:45 PM       
I was hoping that they renamed it the "Wavy-Jigger"
Unmedicated genius
Courage the Cowardly Dog is probably a spambot
Old Apr 27th, 2006, 10:57 PM       
girl: What did you do last night?

me: I stayed at home and played with my Wii, but i remembered we had a date, so i thought about you while I played ith my Wii.

girl: *calls cops*

me: looks like another night alone with my wii
Title
Jeff The Ninja is probably a spambot
Old Apr 28th, 2006, 12:08 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esuohlim
The Nintendo Oui
Qui is yes in french

Founder of the E.P.O.A.E.P.I.C.A.P.H.W.H. Looking for Recruits

XBL Gamertag: KING HATESTAR
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Apr 28th, 2006, 12:09 AM       
no fucking way
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Apr 28th, 2006, 12:11 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff The Ninja
Qui is yes in french
No it isn't you stupid dumb idiot it's "who"

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
Mocker
thebiggameover is probably a spambot
Old Apr 28th, 2006, 02:11 AM       
It might seem small and insignificant now, but when you wrap your hands around your Wii for the very first time, I GUARANTEE it'll grow on you. You watch. The second you start playing with your Wii, you'll realize what you've been missing all these years. And believe me, once you get ahold of your Wii, really start to get the feel of it, you won't be able to put it down. All your friends will be over at your house begging to play with your Wii. Your girlfriend will LOVE your Wii, so let her play with it, else she might just go play with someone else's.
Know what gets me excited? The possibility of having Seaman on my Wii.
Let's play Hardball!
Seven Force is probably a spambot
Old Apr 28th, 2006, 03:07 AM       

Wii Wii
Marc Summers is probably a spambot
Old Apr 28th, 2006, 03:35 AM       
"I'll invite my girlfriend over, whip out my Wii--we'll be entertained for hours"
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Apr 28th, 2006, 03:38 AM       
i bet it's pronounced "why" like "why is this name so stupid"
No sir, I don't like it
DeadKennedys is probably a spambot
Old Apr 28th, 2006, 09:02 AM       
From Nintendo:

Introducing … Wii.

As in “we.”

While the code-name “Revolution” expressed our direction, Wii represents the answer.

Wii will break down that wall that separates video game players from everybody else.

Wii will put people more in touch with their games … and each other. But you’re probably asking: What does the name mean?

Wii sounds like “we,” which emphasizes this console is for everyone.

Wii can easily be remembered by people around the world, no matter what language they speak. No confusion. No need to abbreviate. Just Wii.

Wii has a distinctive “ii” spelling that symbolizes both the unique controllers and the image of people gathering to play.

And Wii, as a name and a console, brings something revolutionary to the world of video games that sets it apart from the crowd.

So that’s Wii. But now Nintendo needs you.

Because, it’s really not about you or me.

It’s about Wii.

And together, Wii will change everything.
OH GOD
Old Apr 28th, 2006, 09:05 AM       
nintendo why are you being so stupid

stop being stupid this is a stupid name for your new machine

stupidd
A Total Fairy
Trash is probably a spambot
Old Apr 28th, 2006, 11:10 AM       
"It's about wii."

Hilarious.
The Lion King seemed innocent enough, didn't it? But did we really notice all the issues of assault on morality and ethics the first time we watched it? I sure did not. It was not until I sat down with a pragmatic open mind did I even realize the scope of moral violations the 83-minute The Lion King fed our minds.
was never good
Chojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contestChojin won the popularity contest
Old Apr 28th, 2006, 11:43 AM       
Penny Arcade's new strip is pretty hot.

Anyway, I didn't know that you were allowed to make that many gay puns in an official press statement.
No sir, I don't like it
DeadKennedys is probably a spambot
Old Apr 28th, 2006, 11:47 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chojin
Anyway, I didn't know that you were allowed to make that many gay puns in an official press statement.
One could say it's taboo... forbidden

If you have to explain the name you picked so damn much you know it's a bad idea
Level 29 ♂
Old Apr 28th, 2006, 12:17 PM       
I think Nintendo's just fucking with us. I mean, the DS turned out to be a joke too right? Didn't it??
Mocker

James sucks
Old Apr 28th, 2006, 12:35 PM       
Someone said it best when they said "It wouldn't be Nintendo without them fucking SOMETHING up."

A name is just a name, but it's a really fucking stupid name that reflects on how really fucking stupid Nintendo can be. Then again, I guess I'm what you'd call a hardcore gamer, and Nintendo stopped trying to appeal to me years ago. But I'm sure the little kids and typical family households will get a kick out of how wacky and zany "Wii" is.

But really, the worst thing about this? We're gonna have to hear that faggot Reggie spin this at E3.
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Apr 28th, 2006, 12:59 PM       
I'm sure they'll change it. I mean, they've made questionable decisions before, but surely some Nintendo employee in the US will point out how silly the new name is, right?

Now with less sodium!

Immortal Goat is probably a spambot
Old Apr 28th, 2006, 01:57 PM       
Jesus Christ, James, I knew you would say SOMETHING negative, but goddamn, why is it that the only argument Sony fanboys can come up with against Nintendo is their "kiddie" image? The quality of the games is what matters, not the blood content.
Level 29 ♂
Old Apr 28th, 2006, 02:01 PM       
Nintendo IS dumbing itself down to the kiddies, though. I didn't give a shit about how kiddie some of the Gamecube and 64 games were, but they're getting worse. Much worse.
Mocker

James sucks
Old Apr 28th, 2006, 02:14 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emu
Nintendo IS dumbing itself down to the kiddies, though. I didn't give a shit about how kiddie some of the Gamecube and 64 games were, but they're getting worse. Much worse.
Pretty much, yeah. And I'm not talking about the games, but rather their approach.

Nintendo has always tried to be an "all-accessable" gaming company, but they're continuing to target non-gamers with more and more focus, to the point that they're alienating the hardcore demographic. I mean sure, Zelda and Metroid are fallback names to draw in those fans, but that will only continue to work so well as gamers continue to grow up and get more and more sick of Nintendo's bullshit. Look how we've been jerked around with Twilight Princess, or how Echoes turned out not-so-good. People aren't going to continue buying into a series just because of name alone. And instead of producing better games or treating gamers with respect, they just say "Fuck them" and try to appeal to soccer moms instead.

So yeah, going back to quality. Quality IS what matters. But the quality is failing. Amplified by the fact that you're waiting for months to get a new title, and it's only above-average. I'm actually very concerned at how much enjoyment will be had with Twilight Princess, especially without a Revolution (now that it's been delayed to include exclusive features for it).

Nintendo is the Trix of video games. "Silly gamer, Nintendo's for middle-class white family households!" Stop denying me my chance to enjoy you, god dammit.

Edit: I love how a Nintendo fanboy's greatest argument against any legitimate gripes with their precious company is to write those comments off as ignorant fanboyism for another system. If I didn't like Nintendo so much, I wouldn't care so much when they fucked up. But Nintendo fans are all too young to have a grasp on something like intelligent opinion. Right Immortal Goat?
Level 29 ♂
Old Apr 28th, 2006, 02:20 PM       
I liked Echoes. Certainly it wasn't better than the first one, but fuck, how much would it take to outdo that?
Mocker

James sucks
Old Apr 28th, 2006, 02:23 PM       
I've definitely heard a lot of comments on the poor level and puzzle design. I'll admit I haven't played it myself yet, but it's sitting shrinkwrapped beside me. I'll get to in in the next 3 years, I'm sure. :/
Now with less sodium!

Immortal Goat is probably a spambot
Old Apr 28th, 2006, 02:40 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by James
Edit: I love how a Nintendo fanboy's greatest argument against any legitimate gripes with their precious company is to write those comments off as ignorant fanboyism for another system. If I didn't like Nintendo so much, I wouldn't care so much when they fucked up. But Nintendo fans are all too young to have a grasp on something like intelligent opinion. Right Immortal Goat?
Ok, for one, I'm not a fanboy for any system. I own and enjoy all three current systems.

"If I didn't like Nintendo so much"? When have you ever come across as a Nintendo fan? I can't recall any single instance.
Mocker

James sucks
Old Apr 28th, 2006, 03:00 PM       
Well, I'm not really a fan. I have a lot of problems with Nintendo nowadays. At the same time, I don't hate them. I just want them to stop being stupid.

I do own a Gamecube though. Bought it for myself for my birthday last year. I've only played Mario Sunshine on it though, and was a bit upset when I beat it in 5 days. I can't even beat Super Mario World in 5 days.

But I have Wind Waker, Animal Crossing, Harvest Moon, Metroid Prime, and Metroid Prime: Echoes. I also have a GBA Player.