Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Apr 28th, 2006, 01:12 PM        CoC: Dark Corners of the Earth PC
Yes, I know it came out for XBox in February, but now it's fucking finally out for PC, and frankly, this thread is probably one of the only pieces of advertisement for the game.

I'll be trying it out this weekend, and I'll be trying not to let the extraordinary wait for its release to ruin my opinions of it before I even start playing.

Whiter than Alabaster
the_dudefather is probably a spambot
Old Apr 28th, 2006, 01:33 PM       
yeah its awesome. its on my 'complete at some stage in the future' list

The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Apr 28th, 2006, 05:15 PM       
It was fucking awesome :O

That was very funny. Well done.
The Unicorn
Sam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contest
Old Apr 28th, 2006, 07:41 PM       
I got it on Xbox last monday and I have been waiting to play it. Badly.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Apr 28th, 2006, 08:22 PM       
What's stopping you? :/

Slim Goodbody
Supafly345 is probably a real personSupafly345 is probably a real person
Old Apr 28th, 2006, 08:48 PM       
I should get this too!
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Apr 28th, 2006, 11:22 PM       
What does CoC stand for?
Slim Goodbody
Supafly345 is probably a real personSupafly345 is probably a real person
Old Apr 28th, 2006, 11:55 PM       
Call of Cthuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuufaandorkfuckerrrnerdss
Banned
Location: Illinois, Alberta, Canada, Thailand, Space, Groundling Marsh, Manhattan, Man Hat Ton
ArrowX sucks
Old Apr 29th, 2006, 12:38 AM       
Its one of the most atmospheric games ever. It has that same touch that Silent Hill has in terms of just looking around will freak you out.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Apr 29th, 2006, 03:27 AM       
so do you guys love CoC
The Unicorn
Sam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contestSam won the popularity contest
Old Apr 29th, 2006, 12:35 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zomboid
What's stopping you? :/
My Xbox was 3 hours away and I couldn't go get it.

But I just played it today for the first time and loved it.

It's super creepy.
Banned
Location: Illinois, Alberta, Canada, Thailand, Space, Groundling Marsh, Manhattan, Man Hat Ton
ArrowX sucks
Old Apr 29th, 2006, 03:24 PM       
I think the best part of the game is the fact that your on the run and don't get a weapon untill after like 3 hours of play.
Keg Whore
EisigerBiskuit is probably a spambot
Old Apr 30th, 2006, 09:23 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by executioneer
so do you guys love CoC
haha yeah CoC is great

I wish I had a copy of Clive Barker's Undying. :(
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Apr 30th, 2006, 09:39 PM       
So yeah, it is a great game. I was worried that it would suck because of the huge delay before its release, but aside from a few bugs, it plays well.

Not being able to shoot with any accuracy when you lean is kind of annoying.

I haven't quite figured out what sneak mode does. It is just supposed to reduce the amount of noise you make when you move, because it sure doesn't decrease your visibility?

Also, the shoggoth battle was classic. As was barging in on the fishwoman while fleeing the townsfolk.

Banned
ArrowX sucks
Old Apr 30th, 2006, 09:51 PM       
Really The shogoth part was horrible on the Xbox, I know it was cool and all but goddamned you had to be exact on timing or else you were fucked and had to start the fight over again.
Funky Dynamite
Old Apr 30th, 2006, 10:02 PM       
What are you talking about? It was more about doing things quickly than timing.

The Wolf
Old May 1st, 2006, 12:32 AM       
I'm gonna go ahead and agree with boogie and say that you must suck at video games cause that part wasn't exactly tough.

And yeah, that fishwoman thing was awesome. First time I ran through there, my guy lost a nice chuck of sanity and I tried to jump onto the balcony but the screen was too blurry and I broke a leg

OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old May 1st, 2006, 04:38 AM       
you can break your leg in this game?

awesome
The Wolf
Old May 1st, 2006, 06:49 AM       
Yeah, and it slows you down quite a bit, AAAAND you hear it crunching every time you take a step.

OH GOD
Old May 2nd, 2006, 12:48 AM       
hahahahahahaha
OH GOD
Old May 2nd, 2006, 01:07 AM       
ok that coupled with

Quote:
Dynamic Sanity system resulting in hallucinations, panic attacks,
vertigo, paranoia, and more!
means i have to play this game

too bad i ain't got money, oh well internet steals AGAIN
Whiter than Alabaster
the_dudefather is probably a spambot
Old May 2nd, 2006, 05:24 AM       
looking at a statue of cthulhu for too long will make you go insane and eventualy kill yourself.

reason to play. (the only other game that i could do taht in was tresspasser using its bendy arm physics by walking into a wall)

OH GOD
Old May 3rd, 2006, 05:12 AM       
man you know a game is good when you stop playing and go "wtf it's 2:30 AM? when did that happen?"
OH GOD
Old May 3rd, 2006, 05:14 AM       
ps also "oh shit i forgot to eat anything"
OH GOD
Old May 3rd, 2006, 08:32 PM       
seriously, the way vertigo affects you in this game is making my regular (mild) fear of heights get worse