Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Demogorgon is probably a spambot
Old Aug 27th, 2004, 07:13 PM       
I'm not Max, but I did steal his word "fucktard".
Fartin's biggest fan
Perndog is probably a spambot
Old Aug 27th, 2004, 07:15 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmo Electrolux
hey, check out my avatar. Cool, huh?
DBX!
Mocker
The_Rorschach is probably a spambot
Old Aug 27th, 2004, 08:53 PM       
Look, Devogorgan, I know you thought you'd swagger in here with your pocket protector all polished and your freshly buffed bifocals glinting, ready to be crowned King of Sweaty-Palmed Intellectualism (a position you're obviously destined for) by the slack jawed, squinting, shit-wits here at the Mock, and it must be a terrible blow to find yourself instead rebuffed by razor-edged witticisms and an irreverent disregard for your paternatural powers of perception, but really you'll find few here receptive to your mewling, limp wristed little trantrums.

Allow me to explain this little disillusionment, as I'm certain sure the Fates have plenty more gnawing, gut wrenching disappointments to shovel your way (or so I sincerely hope).

You, O Rotund and Flabby One, are not quite so important as your Mommy and Daddy think you are. You are not the Mock's Sociological Saviour or Philosophical Redeemer. This board, like the world, doesn't care about you, your views, or your offense at our impious actions against the Natural Scientists of the Modern Day and Dim Past, ergo, bugger off or get with the program you greasy little quat. We've been fine for years without you, and will continue to thrive in your absence.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Aug 27th, 2004, 09:19 PM       
dude, that should be put into a newbie guide and stickied on this forum.
CHIEF OF POLICE
MLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty okMLE is probably pretty ok
Old Aug 27th, 2004, 10:22 PM       

Anonymous is probably a spambot
Old Aug 27th, 2004, 10:39 PM       
Done and somewhat done!

http://www.i-mockery.net/viewtopic.php?p=258149#258149

Demogorgon is probably a spambot
Old Aug 28th, 2004, 12:08 AM       
There's a difference between asking a question and trying to become the "king of sweaty-palmed philosophy". I never claimed to have any effect, or care much for that matter. I simply pose a question hoping to get a reply that is not a forced insult as is almost everything else. But thank you for describing me as the sterotypical geek and making other assumptions about me, I'm sure you just read my profile right? Or "I am rubber and you are glue...", holds the same potency.
And damn, I havn't even posted much on my view of mocking at all, more of pushing the question. But I am glad to see that you are completely original in your reply by insulting me out of nowhere.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Aug 28th, 2004, 12:16 AM       
I think the answer is clear considering everyone's just mocking you.

McMock is probably a spambot
Old Aug 28th, 2004, 04:15 AM       
Not everyone. I still think posts with content are a whole lot better than lame jokes. Give me thought any day. If I wanted some lame jokes, I'd watch a sitcom. In here, I want philosophy.

Hey, he may be getting mocked now, but at least my man Demogorgon wasn't afraid to actually say something.
BANNED

Old Aug 28th, 2004, 05:04 AM       
Nobody on the internet is afraid to say things, I don't know what you're talking about.
Antagonistic Tyrannosaur
Sethomas is probably a spambot
Old Aug 28th, 2004, 05:29 AM       
To take this perfectly seriously, I think the answer is manifest by the words of Nietzsche: Lieber will noch der Mensch das Nichts wollen, als nicht wollen.

SETH ME IMPRIMI FECIT
BANNED

Old Aug 28th, 2004, 06:21 AM       
I tell you: one must still have chaos within one to give birth to a dancing star!

I love him

Old Aug 28th, 2004, 06:50 AM       
Not afraid of people who are going to punch you in the face, no. But there are other fears, like the fear of losing face in front of people who your respect and the fear of being isolated that are at play here.
Antagonistic Tyrannosaur
Sethomas is probably a spambot
Old Aug 28th, 2004, 07:21 AM       
This is the internet, I mean, ANYTHING COULD HAPPEN!

I hope on thing that happens is that this thread will die.

SETH ME IMPRIMI FECIT

Old Aug 28th, 2004, 09:19 AM       
Well, I pretty much don't care what happens to this thread, but for you, my friend - hell... now I hope it too. Let no man claim that McMock knows no empathy!

Incidentially, here is a picture of a kid with a shit on it's head. I did not want it here, but it followed me all the way from the bus station and aw, isn't it cute though?

I submit that, indeed, it is!
Mocker
Old Aug 28th, 2004, 04:57 PM       
Actually, Devogorgan, I wasn't describing 'you' -whom I do not know- as much as I was slinging shit at the arrogance from which your statements were composed. You were not 'simply posting a question.' That was the format you assumed, but the implied judgemental tone of your post suggest no small amount of disdain on your part in regards to how we here choose to conduct ourselves.

As though you'd been invited here and your permission and advice was somehow sought out. The reality I tried to remind you of, however, is that you are a guest.

Do not claim impartiality on the topic of 'mocking' either, as one cannot objectify the subjective any more than it is possible to generalize the specific. I dislike semantic quibbling and quite refuse to engage in it. In fact, I think I will forestall it now by clarifying your position as it was stated in your initial post.

"Has anyone ever taken the time aside to logically think of mocking others and the effects it may have?"

Did you perhaps expect us to kowtow before the brilliance of this insight, renting our clothes, weeping, and crying, "Forgive us Lord! We know not what we do!"? Little in human nature is dictated solely by logic. If you were purely logical, you would have no problem with mockery or being mocked, since such remarks possess a purely emotional appeal.

"I understand it can have the prime motives of making one feel superior, projection, fun criticization, and a good laugh."

Your understanding, aside from being incomplete, is also incoherent. I've never felt 'projection', 'fun criticization' or 'a good laugh'. None of these are feelings. Also, Prime is singular. You will rarely find 'Prime Motives' as their declination is out of sync, as any third grade grammar student should be able to attest. To mock a thing, is to expose it to ridicule. Serious inquiries made in a humble fashion are difficult to scorn for lack of material, which if your question had been asked in earnest, you might have discovered for yourself. You'll find most Mockers to be quite reasonable, and over all, very decent individuals - Though I doubt you will, for you seem to have already passed a judgement of your own.

"But aside from the more carnal attractions, do you think it is better for the world to have more mockers?"

The word carnal relates to things of a physical nature, with special emphasis placed upon sexuality. I'm almost certain this isn't the word you meant to use, and on a message board, communicating succinctly is very important, as intonation and body language are not here to help convey your intent. As for the question, I would rather it be a world of Mockers than one of Zealotry.

"Does it make you live a fuller life? "

This question reeks of rhetical origins, as I very much doubt you were seeking insight into the mind of a Mocker, and wished instead to smirkingly reveal what you saw as a purile shortcoming. To possess a critical eye in addition to senses of humour and proportion will, ultimately, lend you a fuller life to lead, so your non-rhetorical answer is yes and your implied insult fails to hit its mark.

"I understand most can not part from their mocking ways for a little intellectualization on the topic, but what better place to discuss mockery then I-mockery?"

How very condescending of you. Are you suggesting residents of this board lack the intellegence, rather than the inclination, to maintain serious and civilized conversation on any range of topics? It certainly seems that way to me.

"Hopefully someone can use moderation."

Check a mirror friend, for you'll find no extremists here. Moderation would be tolerance for those whom express themselves in a different manner than yourself, say, like ignoring a little mockery for the sake of maintaining discourse.
Mocker

Helm is probably a spambot
Old Aug 29th, 2004, 01:31 PM       
Quote:
Your understanding, aside from being incomplete, is also incoherent. I've never felt 'projection', 'fun criticization' or 'a good laugh'. None of these are feelings. Also, Prime is singular. You will rarely find 'Prime Motives' as their declination is out of sync, as any third grade grammar student should be able to attest blah blah blah blah blah blah
Man, that was fucking lame. The biochemical states that that other person is trying to describe might not be feelings-in-themselves, but their manifestations are of an emotional nature. Would you perhaps stop being such such a master mocker and see that what he's saying is mostly true: most people here are 'mocking' whichever or whomever just so they can share their pet hates with others, and belong in this internet clique that we've got going on here. You say you've never felt 'projection' but what you're basically doing here is that. Euphoric now that what you know your first post was seen positively many 'vets' you come back to further mock that other guy who wasn't basically saying anything worthy of such glamourous displays.

Most people are here to belong a little. To share stories, and humour and rant and whatever. We just do not claim any moral high ground about it. So shut up already.
Näyttelijäbotti!
Pub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty okPub Lover is probably pretty ok
Old Aug 29th, 2004, 04:47 PM       
@ Rors, & then a little more with Helm.
Mocker
ziggytrix is probably a spambot
Old Aug 29th, 2004, 06:53 PM       
I came here for the antirave forum, but I stayed for the food forum. Seriously tho, it's not about belonging for me, it's about amusement. I read some fuckin funny shit here sometimes, and on very rare occasion I read something useful and interesting, so why not, eh?
BANNED

Old Aug 29th, 2004, 06:59 PM       
FUCK YOU RAVER GO OD ON X
Mocker
ziggytrix is probably a spambot
Old Aug 30th, 2004, 01:37 PM       
you got a good hook-up? pure MDMA?
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Aug 30th, 2004, 01:37 PM       
Well, moderatortion in all things I guess.

It's the filosofy form at I-Mockery. Anyone who can't take the two together isn't much of a mocker or a filosifer.
Mocker
Old Aug 30th, 2004, 09:25 PM       
Helm, I'm rather fond of you, and I don't really want to start some pissy internet bitch slapping contest, so I'll simply leave off with explaining my position.

"The biochemical states that that other person is trying to describe might not be feelings-in-themselves, but their manifestations are of an emotional nature."

I disagree.

"You say you've never felt 'projection' but what you're basically doing here is that."

I'm not projecting anything.

"Euphoric now that what you know your first post was seen positively many 'vets' you come back to further mock that other guy who wasn't basically saying anything worthy of such glamourous displays."

Now see this is what I really wanted to address. I'm not sure exactly HOW long I've been here -Ronnie, Burbank, Kevin or CHojin might, but frankly I don't care to keep track- HOWEVER I can say I've been here long enough that I don't need to tongue anybody's arsehole for praise or recognition. Perhaps the last five or six months haven't given you a clue, but I don't spend enough time here for most people to remember me, let alone any misplaced accolades they might have given. The fact you infered as much leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I've never particularly cared for overweened ego, and maybe its my own arrogance, but where I see flames of presumption I feel the need to piss a little reality and bring them down a bit. Maybe I let into him too hard, I have a tendancy to do so, but my replies are written for the intended - Not the inconsequential, like yourself.
Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old Aug 30th, 2004, 09:40 PM       
Seriously, why is this thread getting so much attention? Demogorgon is a fucking pussy. He should be banned and this thread should be locked.
Mocker

kellychaos is probably a spambot
Old Aug 31st, 2004, 04:10 PM       
I haven't read the works of too many cutting-edge philosophers who didn't think outside the box (of morrays) of their time or that weren't cynical and mocking of the beliefs of their time. That's not to say that those great thinkers all used the sharp barbs of mockery for their purposes but I don't see mockery and philosophy as being diametrically opposed.

Wherever you go, there you are.