Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Mocker
whoreable is probably a spambot
Old Apr 28th, 2003, 03:06 PM        New to metal
Until just recently I have been listening to just punk/hardcore, now suddenly I have gotten this craving for metal :/

Some bands that I have been listening to at the gates, in flames, bleeding though,dying fetus,shadows fall and killswitch engage just to name a few.

Could the almighty expert metal heads recommend some new stuff for me to check out that I might like?

CastroMotorOil is probably a spambot
Old Apr 28th, 2003, 04:14 PM       
I am sooooo getting flamed for this but Superjoint Ritual is badass.

Queefer Sutherland is probably a spambot
Old Apr 28th, 2003, 04:27 PM       
You seem to mainly be getting into Death bands so here goes...

Obituary
Carcass
Intestine Baalism
Septic Flesh
Unleashed
Dissection(like AT the Gates but more evil/black metal influence)
Death
Entombed
Cenotaph(Turkish, i haven't heard the Mexican one)
Macabre

That should be a start.
Asspunch McGruf
Skulhedface is probably a spambot
Old Apr 28th, 2003, 04:36 PM       
Zorak, don't worry about being in the minority, I like Superjoint as well, not to mention Down and Pantera.

Some of these aren't Death metal but still metal and still enjoyable:

Paradise Lost
Pist On
Celestial Season
Six Feet Under
Jungle Rot (if you can find it)
Acid Bath
Lord Felch Demon
Ninjavenom is probably a spambot
Old Apr 28th, 2003, 06:45 PM       
Nile, Cannibal Corpse, Cryptopsy, Deranged, Devourment, Dissection, Exhumed, Hate Eternal, Hypocrisy, Immolation, Incantation, Autopsy, Mortician, Aborted, Mastodon, Avulsed, Obituary, Deicide, Bloodbath, and Death are some good Death Metal bands.

For doom, my only real sources are Candlemass and Black Sabbath. (i'm open to any doom suggestions here, since the request is already open)

Epic Metal is where Rhapsody, Manowar, Thyrfing, Tokyo Blade, Jag Panzer, Helloween, Dark Moor, Therion, Nightwish, and Gamma Ray come in.

Good black metal/black metal-ish kind of bands, you'll want In Flames, Dark Tranquility, Opeth, Bathory, Hellhammer, Impaled Nazarene, Kalmah, Arch Enemy, Nargaroth,

For thrash, look to Megadeth, Sodom, Onslaught, Malevolent Creation, Sepultura (old stuff), The Crown, Tom Angelripper, Kreator, Sacred Reich, and Stormtroopers of Death.

Good grindcore bands include Agathocles, Agoraphobic Nosebleed, Anal Cunt, Carcass, Cephalic Carnage, Napalm Death, Soilent Green,Nasum, Pig Destroyer, The Atomic Fireballs, Teen Cthulhu (may have trouble finding these, i can send the two to you if you need them), Bloodhag (I have two of these, also) ,and Yellow Machinegun.

Radu The Handsome is probably a spambot
Old Apr 28th, 2003, 07:49 PM        MACABRE
I have to highly recommend Macabre. They're a three piece out of Illinois who happen to play some of the most intricate death metal I've ever heard. Many of their earlier songs featured regular singing, not the deep-throated gutteral growls prevailant amongst most bands of that genre. Very complex songs with many time and rhythmic changes coupled with humorous witty lyrics make them a favorite of mine. Their latest release was a death metal musical about and entitled Dahmer!

Radu The Handsome is probably a spambot
Old Apr 28th, 2003, 07:51 PM        MACABRE
I have to highly recommend Macabre. They're a three piece out of Illinois who happen to play some of the most intricate death metal I've ever heard. Many of their earlier songs featured regular singing, not the deep-throated gutteral growls prevailant amongst most bands of that genre. Very complex songs with many time and rhythmic changes coupled with humorous witty lyrics make them a favorite of mine. Their latest release was a death metal musical about and entitled Dahmer!
Mocker
The Retro Kat is probably a spambot
Old Apr 28th, 2003, 09:30 PM       
Dimmu Borgir
Dark Tranquility
Blind Guardian
Iced Earth
Iron Maiden
Megadeth
Rhapsody
Gwar
Children of Bodom
Judas Priest
Sum 41 (hahaha, I kid, I kid)
Gas and masturbation are highly unlikely to be connected with each other. Have you tried to stop masturbating? Has the gas subsided as a result? Perhaps you could try the same experiment by increasing the times you masturbate daily. Do you notice that the gas is increasing?

Old Apr 28th, 2003, 10:22 PM       
NEW FOUND GLORY!!!!!!

Anyway, YES! someone else who likes the "gay" trio of down, pantera and superjoint ritual. I thought i was alone on these boards. Morbid Angel is also a good band but a little full of themselves.
Mocker

Helm is probably a spambot
Old Apr 28th, 2003, 10:59 PM       
here's my (somewhat updated) list again, but only the essentials in each genre.

Doom Metal
Candlemass, My Dying Bride, Trouble, Black Sabbath, Paradise Lost (in Lost paradise), Anathema (first album), Cathedral (Forest Of Equilibrium only), Skepticism, Thergothon, Unholy, Winter, Funeral

Death Metal
Deicide, Cannibal Corpse, Immolation, Incantation, Malevolent Creation, Grave, At The Gates, Dismember, Entombed(Left Hand Path only), Death, Morbid Angel, Cynic, Atheist, Suffocation

Black Metal
In The Woods..., Arcturus, Ulver.

Thrash Metal
Metallica, Anthrax, The Haunted, Sacred Reich, Destruction, Kreator, Hellhammer, Celtic Frost, Testament, Sepultura, Sodom, Dark Angel, Floatsam and Jetsam.

Epic Metal
Manilla Road, Omen, first record Heir Apparent, Virgin Steele

Heavy Metal
Iron Maiden, Diamond Head, Mercyful Fate, King Diamond, Diamond Head, Angelwitch

Power Metal
Nevermore (Politics Of Ecstasy era), Sanctuary, Helloween (up and including Keeper 2, especially Walls of Jericho and the Judas EP), Crimson Glory, Tokyo Blade, Jag Panzer

Progressive Metal
Fates Warning, Queensryche, Savatage, Psychotic Waltz, Watchtower, Sieges Even, latter day Heir Apparent, Jester's March, Believer, Coroner, Spiral Architect, Mordred, Savior Machine

Progressive Rock (ommited, not relevant)
Grind
Vomitorial Corpulence, The Dillinger Escape Plan, Extreme Noise Terror, Napalm Death, Crephallic Carnage, Discordance Axis, Agoraphobic Nosebleed, Pig Destroyer.

Noise
Merzbow, DeadGuy, Anal Cunt, Today Is The Day.

JonSwift is probably a spambot
Old Apr 28th, 2003, 11:54 PM       
Death:
At the Gates, Bloodbath, Cannibal Corpse, Death, Entombed

Black(ish):
Arcturus, Solefald, Ulver

Proggressive:
Tiamat, Opeth

Power:
Helloween

Gothenberg(esque):
In Flames, Dark Tranquillity, Quo Vadis(From Canada)

Other:
Meshuggah, Iced Earth, Summoning

UnDeath is probably a spambot
Old Apr 29th, 2003, 02:13 AM       
old Meyham, Vader, Meshuggah, and some Danzig (hey, I like the stuff, home slice :/ )
Asspunch McGruf
Skulhedface is probably a spambot
Old Apr 29th, 2003, 02:43 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorak790
NEW FOUND GLORY!!!!!!

Anyway, YES! someone else who likes the "gay" trio of down, pantera and superjoint ritual. I thought i was alone on these boards. Morbid Angel is also a good band but a little full of themselves.
Zorak... if you're Southern, if you play guitar, if you like metal, and you're not worried about people screaming "overrated" then you like the "gay" trio

Actually, I never did find them overrated, to each their own I suppose, I do get burnt out on them if I listen to them too much but I don't really see much to dislike.

Grazzt is probably a spambot
Old Apr 29th, 2003, 07:18 AM       
I like Tiamat, although I'm not sure what category they go under.

Old Apr 29th, 2003, 10:34 AM       
i have all of those except southern, but im from michigan which has the upper peninsula, which is the notrthern texas, i had a friend come up from texas and tell me it was the same place, only dumber accent.
Mocker
whoreable is probably a spambot
Old Apr 29th, 2003, 04:04 PM       
Thanks. I will see what I can find and what i might like.

I have a few albums perhaps some of you would like to trade? I just aim me and maybe we can swap some stuff..

JonSwift is probably a spambot
Old Apr 29th, 2003, 06:06 PM       
Yea later Tiamat is great..
considering how they used to be a cruddy deathmetal band and how they so aren't deathmetal now... I would have to say, like above that they are proggressive
Blackjack is probably a spambot
Old Apr 29th, 2003, 07:00 PM       
Why does no-one like the Metal-lica?

Master of Puppets man, MASTER OF PUPPETS!!
OK
Black Flag is probably a spambot
Old Apr 29th, 2003, 09:10 PM       
You aren't very observant, are you?
Mütiilation is probably a spambot
Old Apr 29th, 2003, 11:11 PM       
black metal:

1349, abigor, abyssic hate, aeternus, acturus, aruspex (if you can find it, they're from orlando and i know the guys), bathory, belphegor, bilskirnir, burzum, blut aus nord, dark funeral, darkthrone, dimmu borgir (for all tid, the only one i recomend, or stormblast if you're daring), Dissection, einsatz kommando, emperor, eucharist, exhumed (they're not really black metal but goremetal.... but sub-genres are silly), forgotten woods, gorgoroth, graveland, grom, harvist, immortal, isengard, judas iscariot, mayhem, moonblood, mork gryning, Mütiilation, naglfar, nargaroth, nazgul (spain), nokturnal mortum, old funeral, old wainds, pantheon, samael, satanic warmaster, satyricon (dark medieval times is the best), Seigneur Voland, selbstmord, summoning, taake, Tairach, thy infernal, thy serpent, totenburg, ulver, uruk-hai, windir, wyrd, xasthur.

death metal:

Ablaze my sorrow, and oceans, altar, at the gates, carcass, death, darkest hour, dying fetus, god dethroned, grave, hate eternal, immolation, impious, krabathor, krisiun, nile, paths of possession, usurper

doom metal:

opeth, october tide, novembers doom, paradise lost

viking/folk metal:

Amon amarth, borknagar, cruachan, einherjer, ensiferum, enslaved, falkenbach, fall of the leafe, kraina bez wiatru, lord wind, otyg, therion, thyrfing, vintersorg

power metal:

blindg gaurdian, demons & wizards, iced earth, kalmah (sort of power metal... the vocals aren't though), nick beato, rhapsody, skyfire (the vocals are black metal but the music sounds like power metal to me still... i dont know i've killed my ears with black metal over the years, you decide)

the bands i colored are my first choice for the genre for a beginer -- i hope i helped