Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

custom user title

StRsCrEaM1090 is probably a spambot
Old Feb 3rd, 2003, 03:23 PM       
i agree with sound test. at times if feel nintendo can be quite kiddie-ish though. *don't even get me started on the new zelda game* metroid prime was amazing allthough at times a bit easy. mario sunshine not bad ssbm good. i think the e-reader is scamy and gay. but i do like how most of the popular super nintendo games are being ported to the gba. it's a real shame that the game cube doesn't have a dvd player(i know about the import). if it had the player i think more people would own them (thats not to say that a lot of people don't allready)/.
Son of a Sandworm??!
timrpgland is probably a spambot
Old Feb 3rd, 2003, 03:47 PM       
No please, go on about the new Zelda game. I could use a good laugh.

XBOX LIVE: KefkaGrim
custom user title

Old Feb 3rd, 2003, 10:15 PM       
don't get me wrong, i love the new cell shaded graphics. i just can't stand the new look they gave to link, all the monsters in the game are bad ass drawn n'shit and link looks like a freaking smily face with arms and legs just look at the screen shots. i'm still can't decide if i want to buy it or not yet, i do however want to reserve it for the master quest disk wich contains some sort of harder zelda 64 game (you all probly allready know this). the new zelda is a turn off. what happend to that bitch'n demo link from e3 all those years ago when the cube was for unveiled?....
Son of a Sandworm??!
Old Feb 3rd, 2003, 11:19 PM       

but it's going to be sooooo goooood

This takes place 100 years after Ocarina.. but of course the Zelda timeline is all fucked up and Link is practically never the "same" Link throughout the series. The game is going to be great. For all the people bitching about Nintendo not being creative, fuck off, cause practically those same people bitch about the new zelda look. Make up your fucking minds. Miyamoto has his dirty little hands in this one. It's going to be a masterpiece. I feel confident saying that Watch the videos..... screenshots mean nothing. You can rest assured the gameplay will be there, it always has been.

dead end
mew barios is probably pretty okmew barios is probably pretty okmew barios is probably pretty ok
Old Feb 3rd, 2003, 11:29 PM       
i've been keen on the new zelda since i first heard it's mention. after seeing the trailer.. wtf :o how can anyone not be psyched for this :D
Son of a Sandworm??!
Old Feb 3rd, 2003, 11:39 PM       
:cheers

DoomCross is probably a spambot
Old Feb 4th, 2003, 08:17 PM       
Goddamnit,nintendo still has it.I believe that they aren't able to deal with such competition as Xbox and Sony.Personally,I believe that much of the talk about nobody liking their kiddie games is very true.Still, the games they make that are good kick all ass in my mind.I'd rather have to wait for a game like Metroid Prime for a year than get a half ass attempt in three.Nintendo's only drawback is that they are perfectionist.They try a little too hard sometimes.
Mocker

James sucks
Old Feb 4th, 2003, 09:10 PM       
I feel dumber for having read that.
Les Waste is probably a spambot
Old Feb 4th, 2003, 09:47 PM       
I'm excited about the new Zelda game.

As long as Nintendo keeps making games like Metroid Prime, they can be as uncreative as possible. Although I wish there were more RPG's for Gamecube. I know about PSO, and Square's new game, but that's still not very many.
Bobo Adobo is funnier and smarter than all of you, proven by the fact that he is currently in a high-paying and important government job where he earns a fat cash paycheck and much pussy. How did he get so famous and successful you ask? It's simple: he has never, in his entire life, watched one second of anime.
- Outerspacekid
Mocker

James sucks
Old Feb 4th, 2003, 10:04 PM       
I was bummed that I wasn't going to see the new Zelda game in the form that was shown so long ago (giving Link a realistic look like that would really show off the power of the GC better than cel-shading - which I really hate, by the way). On top of that, I really didn't like the new look. Keep in mind, that was BEFORE the refined the graphics so Link didn't look like an action figure melted under a magnifying glass.

Now, the game doesn't look all that bad. I still don't like Nintendo, but I can't complain about the look, aside from the fact that I hate cel-shading.

And God-fucking-dammit, the next Zelda game better have Link looking like he does in SC2.
Arts & Farts
Krythor is probably a real personKrythor is probably a real person
Old Feb 5th, 2003, 03:27 AM       
Was I just hallucinating, or did I hear a while ago that the zelda game after the cel shaded GC game would be a more realistic looking one, like what was shown at e3?

Generator86 is probably a spambot
Old Feb 5th, 2003, 03:38 PM       
Zelda is going to fucking rule. I just know that I'm going to have to quit my job and break up with my girlfriend when it comes out, just like with Ocarina.

Quote:
you type well for being drunk...
Custom User Title
kinot is probably a spambot
Old Feb 5th, 2003, 07:22 PM       
Quote:
Square's new game
LET'S NOT FORGET ENIX
custom user title

Old Feb 5th, 2003, 10:25 PM       
nintendo didn't make metroid prime, retro studios made it. it's a great game. there aren't any games coming out for the cube that i'm pumped about. i'm going to concentrate more on the gba now because it seems to me that a lot of the snes games are being re-released for it. snes rocked it was the best nintendo system ever.
Son of a Sandworm??!
Old Feb 6th, 2003, 11:26 AM       
Yeah that's why I play my old systems.... Remakes are bit overrated. Just play the old systems I say. I'd rather see more new 2D classics being made. Iv'e already played all the remakes or own them on their respective system so it's kind of pointless.

As for Metroid Prime. Nintendo was teamed up with Retro Studios. Shigeru Miyamoto and Kensuke Tanabe were both involved as well as the Retro Studios people.

custom user title

Old Feb 6th, 2003, 09:30 PM       
you know what would be cool, some sort of periferal that would connect to the game cube and had slots for snes nes gba and virtual boy. (i allready heard about the gba thing thats due out some time in march)but that'd probly never happen.
Space Viking Repo Man
Zbu Manowar is probably a spambot
Old Feb 13th, 2003, 12:32 AM       
I'm surprised nobody mentioned that Nintendo's main problem is that they refuse to finally accept that CD-based games are the wave of the future. Hell, even the Cube has those silly little discs that couldn't possibly hold that much data. Not only does it seem cheap, it seems like Nintendo still thinks they're the trendsetters for the video game industry and not becoming 2003's answer to Apple.

Their games used to rock. If Nintendo wants to get my money, they'd better drop their smugness and start putting out some better games. Nuff said...through the Smash Bros line is a step in the right direction.
dead end
mew barios is probably pretty okmew barios is probably pretty okmew barios is probably pretty ok
Old Feb 13th, 2003, 12:36 AM       
erm. them silly lil discs are mini-dvds. they hold what, 1.5 gigs? i'd hafta check.

and i think the decision to use those was highly motivated by their desire to make piracy inconvenient.
Space Viking Repo Man
Old Feb 13th, 2003, 01:04 AM       
Those are DVDs? No way! What a waste! Nintendo could have simply made a machine similiar to the PS2 that could play DVDs but they didn't because.....??

Please tell me you're joking. Please tell me Nintendo isn't pulling shit like this. They can't be this petty.
D3k is probably a spambot
Old Feb 13th, 2003, 01:07 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zbu Manowar
Those are DVDs? No way! What a waste! Nintendo could have simply made a machine similiar to the PS2 that could play DVDs but they didn't because.....??

Please tell me you're joking. Please tell me Nintendo isn't pulling shit like this. They can't be this petty.
from http://www.n-planet.co.uk/gcn/gcn/specs.shtml
Quote:
Media - 8cm NINTENDO GAMECUBE Disc based on Matsushita's Optical Disc Technology Approx. 1.5GB Capacity
dead end
Old Feb 13th, 2003, 01:10 AM       
they didn't have normal dvd playability because they wanted to ze kyoob to be $50 cheaper than anyone elses console at launch. also so they could have another accessory to sell at some point in the future. as i understand it.

and dvd may be a misleading thing to call them lil buggers. they are nintendo's own format. just similar in capacity.
Space Viking Repo Man
Old Feb 13th, 2003, 02:50 AM       
Well, once again Nintendo snatches defeat from the hands of victory. If they had made the Cube into a PS2 device they could easily be on the same standing as Sony. Can you imagine if a Nintendo version of a PS2: able to play DVDs, better higher tech games as well as making a buck by being able to take any game from their library, throw it on a CD, then sell it at ten dollars a pop and have a library bigger than the PSX one. And if they did that, then they could simply have made a successful Pocketstation with the Game Boy name attached to it.

In short, they could have matched Sony's tech expertise and beaten them easily with the backlog of games. And they didn't.

Fucking morons. How they're able to walk on two legs is beyond me.
Son of a Sandworm??!
Old Feb 13th, 2003, 11:53 AM       
Quote:
Nintendo is still bad ass, people just bitch too much.

me is probably a spambot
Old Feb 22nd, 2003, 08:25 PM       
I loved Nintendo back when they made the 8 bit systems but today I would never buy a Gamecube. They just don't match up againsta PS2 or an X-box. The only new thing incorporated with the Gamecube is the minidisc and people can live without those. As for online gaming the gamecube does not stand a chance. They have no experience in computers or online gaming what-so-ever. I love their games but in the long run they just don't match up. As for the ps2 and X-box, they need to start cranking out some good games. Some more online games would be good too but mostly just a few good ones.
Space Viking Repo Man
Old Feb 22nd, 2003, 09:53 PM       
Doesn't Sony already have that cable modem and stuff?