Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

say what now?
Geggy is probably a spambot
Old Jun 22nd, 2005, 11:18 AM        Military question
I have a friend whose boyfriend came back from serving time as the Air Force pilot in Iraq last janurary. Now he's in San Diego after being called to train students of Air Force. Because of this he had to move from Massachusetts to California, leaving the love of his life and his family. Supposedly he rejects the offer to move, what are the possible consequences?
Level 29 ♂
Emu is probably a real personEmu is probably a real person
Old Jun 22nd, 2005, 11:20 AM       
"Fine, you can go back to Iraq. "
say what now?
Old Jun 22nd, 2005, 11:45 AM       
Yeah that sounds pretty accurate. Good call, Emu.
Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old Jun 22nd, 2005, 11:52 AM       
Why don't people understand that, when you join the military, they own your ass and you usually don't have much choice in anything?
say what now?
Old Jun 22nd, 2005, 12:23 PM       
Because they're a bunch of juveniles who would fail at proving themselves by going to college and earn a degree. Instead they're forced to join the military in order to curb their pride.

This guy who moved to san diego is cool, but dumb as a doorknob.
Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old Jun 22nd, 2005, 12:33 PM       
Well I for one think the military should beat that outta them.
Fuck Yeah
McClain is probably a spambot
Old Jun 22nd, 2005, 12:50 PM       
If he fails to move he will labeled a deserter and will be tried under the Uniform Code of Military Justice. He could ultimately serve time in a military prison. Or he could file as a conscientious objector and make it a laborious legal process, but ultimately might get separated from the military with merely an administrative discharge. It depends on his patience and intelligence.
Fuck Yeah
McClain is probably a spambot
Old Jun 22nd, 2005, 12:53 PM       
If the goverment is moving him from MA to San Diego they'll let him bring his family. It's called an accompanied move. They're not forcing his family to split up. His wife can choose to stay behind, but then WHY IN THE FUCK DID SHE MARRY SOMEONE IN THE MILITARY IF SHE WASN'T READY TO MOVE EVERY THREE YEARS?

GAsux is probably a spambot
Old Jun 22nd, 2005, 01:18 PM       
Greggy,
You should email me your pilot friends name. Where in San Diego is he working for the Air Force? Just curious. I might know him.

As for your question, they don't "send you back to Iraq". As a pilot he has a minimum ten year service commitment from the date he completed pilot training. Reason they do this is because they invest a substantial amount of money in training and don't want to have that person turn right around and get out and get a job with comemrcial airlines.

When you turn down an assignment, they don't flog you, give you shit jobs, etc. It is however a black mark which will affect your promotion and your ability to re-enlist at a later date if you so choose. In the case of officers, it basically guarantees that you won't be promoted.

EDIT- P.S. about your college degree theory, no offense but you're wrong. They don't join the military because they can't hack college. You can't be an officer with a college degree. Well, in the Air Force you cant. I suppose the Army and Navy still have warrants but in the AF every officer is college educated.

GAsux is probably a spambot
Old Jun 22nd, 2005, 01:24 PM        Hmmm
Sorry for the double post here but as I'm thinking about it, he has to be Guard or Reserve right? If he came from MASS, he didn't come from an active duty base because the only AD base in Mass is Hanscom and they don't have fliers.

They don't do any AF pilot or flight training in S.D. I suppose he could be working some kind of weird program with the Navy or Marines at Miramar but that doesn't seem likely either. Unless he's working ROTC and it just so happens that I know all of the ROTC folks in San Diego and none of them are from Mass.

Id be interested to hear a little more detail. Just for fun.
Mocker
thebiggameover is probably a spambot
Old Jun 22nd, 2005, 04:57 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by McClain
If the goverment is moving him from MA to San Diego they'll let him bring his family. It's called an accompanied move. They're not forcing his family to split up. His wife can choose to stay behind, but then WHY IN THE FUCK DID SHE MARRY SOMEONE IN THE MILITARY IF SHE WASN'T READY TO MOVE EVERY THREE YEARS?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yggdrasill
The same reason I don't hit kids, i'm not 100% sure thier mine.
Mocker

kellychaos is probably a spambot
Old Jun 22nd, 2005, 05:00 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by McClain
He never said family as in wife. He said his family and the love of his life (fiancee ?). If he were married (especially with children) he could have filed a hardship complaint. In that case, whether that would be honored or not is a different question that would depend on a variety of circumstances.

Wherever you go, there you are.