Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > General Blabber
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Insane Writer
ZeldaQueen is probably a spambot
Old Nov 17th, 2008, 08:30 PM        Why oh why did I take Psychology?
My Fall semester's wrapping up and I got not one but two bad surprises in Psychology today. First I checked my grade online and I apparently have a 70%. Admittedly the online grades weren't updated and very weird so it's probably higher, but it still was a shock.

Second, I got this review on a paper I wrote on qualia back and whoever it was said that I wrote it well but had absolutely no insight or conclusions. I've got some ideas to fix it up, but I saw it right after my grade so I was already worked up.

Anyway, yeah now I'm really regretting taking Psychology. I feel so stupid in it. Anyone else take a class like that?
"I refuse to prove that I exist," says God, "for proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing." "But," says Man, "The Babel fish proves you exist, and so therefore, by your own arguments, you don't." "Oh dear," says God, "I hadn't thought of that," and promptly vanished in a puff of logic.
SKATASTIC
10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest10,000 Volt Ghost won the popularity contest
Old Nov 17th, 2008, 08:43 PM       
Psychology is great. Granted I don't take a class in it and just read for fun.

Last edited by 10,000 Volt Ghost : Nov 17th, 2008 at 08:43 PM. Reason: .
...Pause at the Beginning
Aaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty okAaarg is probably pretty ok
Old Nov 17th, 2008, 08:46 PM       
I took psychology as a senior in high school and spent the entire year talking to my friend about NES games.

All I remember from that class is watching The Fisher King and two instances of a stupid girl talking:
1. She started a sentence with "my mom had a crack-baby, and..."
2. The teacher put a comic on the overhead, of a Salvation Army Bell-ringer outside of a store and a dog tied to a post near him, drooling everywhere. The caption said something about Pavlov doing his holiday shopping. From across the room, "I don't get it!"
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Nov 17th, 2008, 08:46 PM       
A 70 isn't too bad. That's like... a B- or something.

That was very funny. Well done.
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Nov 17th, 2008, 08:47 PM       
http://www.livejournal.com/
Insane Writer
Old Nov 17th, 2008, 09:14 PM       
Yeah, I took Psyc my senior year of high school too. I actually liked it quite a bit, especially when we saw a video about a guy who had a stroke and thought he was God (really).
"I refuse to prove that I exist," says God, "for proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing." "But," says Man, "The Babel fish proves you exist, and so therefore, by your own arguments, you don't." "Oh dear," says God, "I hadn't thought of that," and promptly vanished in a puff of logic.
☆☆☆☆☆
Tadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contestTadao won the popularity contest
Old Nov 17th, 2008, 09:24 PM       
So, can you read Tarot cards now?
after enough bourbon ...
Colonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's armyColonel Flagg has joined BAPE's army
Old Nov 17th, 2008, 10:21 PM       
I took a course like that once - it was an intro course in political science, and I never understood a single word the professor said, probably becasue I was so hung over. So, given this, you're ahead of the game.

Seriously, as long as you realize Psych is 90% "make it up as you go along", you'll be OK.
You may already be there.
Insane Writer
Old Nov 17th, 2008, 10:27 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colonel Flagg View Post
I took a course like that once - it was an intro course in political science, and I never understood a single word the professor said, probably becasue I was so hung over. So, given this, you're ahead of the game.

Seriously, as long as you realize Psych is 90% "make it up as you go along", you'll be OK.
Thanks. I get weirdly anxious over stuff. I don't really like it much either. I guess since I'm in Psyc though, I can Shrink myself.

And no Tadao, I can't do that. Shame though, at least I could make money entertaining at parties.
#1 on the ignore list
Neen is probably a spambot
Old Nov 17th, 2008, 11:20 PM       
Train your dog to salvate on the teacher's crotch.
Insane Writer
Old Nov 17th, 2008, 11:21 PM       
That's an idea...
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Nov 18th, 2008, 12:01 AM       
I have to give a formal 45-minute presentation on mechanical design failure analysis in two months. Your little cupcake psychology class can go to hell.

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
Dogs Get Put Down
DevilWearsPrada is probably a spambot
Old Nov 18th, 2008, 12:02 AM       
I'm in psyche right now too, it's really not that bad.
Only problem is I stopped caring about school work when I hit 7th grade, and haven't started caring even in 10th.
I hate this hacker crap!
MarioRPG is probably a real personMarioRPG is probably a real person
Old Nov 18th, 2008, 12:16 AM       
So you can move things with your mind now?

LOVE, YOUR FIJIAN HOST DAD
Dogs Get Put Down
DevilWearsPrada is probably a spambot
Old Nov 18th, 2008, 12:23 AM       
yeah dood i maxed out that psionics branch
Insane Writer
Old Nov 18th, 2008, 09:24 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esuohlim View Post
I have to give a formal 45-minute presentation on mechanical design failure analysis in two months. Your little cupcake psychology class can go to hell.
I'm sorry! I will.

*starts packing up stuff*
Fuck Yeah
McClain is probably a spambot
Old Nov 18th, 2008, 03:16 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esuohlim View Post
Wow? You only have TWO WHOLE FRIGGIN' MONTHS to prepare for a 45-minute presentation on something as simple as chainsaw with an attached alarm clock? I could bullshit about flea pedigree for 30 minutes, easy. You'll get no empathy from me! GOOD DAY SIR.
Last edited by Chojin : Jan 1st, 2000 at 12:01 AM.