Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Mocker

James sucks
Old Apr 14th, 2004, 10:10 PM        Blizzard April Fools Joke Becomes Real
Blizzard had a few jokes for April 1st, one of them being a new neutral hero being added to Warcraft 3. But now, a new patch is being release that actually WILL have this hero. The Goblin Tinker will have all new abilities, such as cluster rockets, creating factories that build explosive goblin robots, or being able to transform into a giant robot himself.

http://www.battle.net/war3/neutral/goblintinker.shtml

I think once this patch takes effect, we should get a game together.
dead end
mew barios is probably pretty okmew barios is probably pretty okmew barios is probably pretty ok
Old Apr 15th, 2004, 11:42 AM       
the whole hero system is a mistake. wc3 irritates me too much
Mocker
whoreable is probably a spambot
Old Apr 15th, 2004, 11:44 AM       
i still agree. we need to play starcraft again
Puddle Pirate! ARRRR!
DamnthatDavid is probably a spambot
Old Apr 15th, 2004, 11:57 AM       
Hero Units have been in every single Blizzard RTS game.
So I guess you gotta switch to Counter-Strike... Opps, you can't, they have Tanya. Which is also a hero unit in single player.
Can't play Age of Empires either, Hero Units in single player also.

Perhaps you should just give up on all RTS games, seeing how they all have Hero Units, which is a mistake.

Unless you refering to the leveling up abilities of the Hero Unti, which isn't a mistake but one of the best fucking ideas ever.

If you ever play the offical downloadable Campaigns, you will see how badass it can get, and give you a taste of what WoW will be like. Raxor is ultimate coolboy omega.
Mocker
whoreable is probably a spambot
Old Apr 15th, 2004, 12:03 PM       
you are an idiot.
Lord Felch Demon
Ninjavenom is probably a spambot
Old Apr 15th, 2004, 12:31 PM       
I'm totally up for some Brood War :o
Mocker

James sucks
Old Apr 15th, 2004, 12:33 PM       
The hero system is one of the things I liked about WC3. It gave you more of a reason to build up and take your time before making attacks against your enemy, rather than in Starcraft and such, where a game will be over in a 5-minute rush, which is why I hated SC so much.

It provides the "Strategy" part of "Real Time Strategy"
dead end
mew barios is probably pretty okmew barios is probably pretty okmew barios is probably pretty ok
Old Apr 15th, 2004, 12:59 PM       
don't be a doofy david :o i secretly meant 'in the context of: the game we're talking about'. also.. somehow you're jawing about singleplayer where i wasn't? o.o sorry to confuse you :O

orc jerk windwalking into your base to kill your peonsies in the first 2 minutes of the game is stupid

firewall killing all undead goldacolytes in a single stroke is stupid.

setting earthquake on buildings and running away :O wow that's not irritating.

yes hero units are interesting for singleplayer. but these are all crappy and unbalanced for multi. an i dunno what james's is talkin about. wc3 games are over in 15 minutes tops. usually about 5. you make a hero and some dinky guys an go take the other guy's base.
Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old Apr 15th, 2004, 01:54 PM       
WC3 multiplayer sucks hardcore. The only thing that game is good for is the single player campaigns, and even those are too easy.
Puddle Pirate! ARRRR!
DamnthatDavid is probably a spambot
Old Apr 15th, 2004, 02:42 PM       
The Heros are unbalanced because you looking into them as a seperate part of the game. The Units are only balanced because the Hero Units. Orcs are weak in mass production of armies and defense.
Killing off enemy harvesters is one way to keep enemies at bay long enough to build up defenses.
dead end
Old Apr 15th, 2004, 02:56 PM       
i'll say i disagree and leave it at that. the more they tweaked the game the less i liked it, for my lack of understanding or whatever.. it just isn't very fun. maybe in the past few months they changed something so that undead weren't clearly disadvantaged?
Mocker

James sucks
Old Apr 15th, 2004, 04:12 PM       
I always felt the Orcs were the disadvantaged ones, given how long it takes to build up even the simplest units. Sure, their heroes are great for the short game, but the units require so much investment.

I thought the Undead were fairly well balanced, with Humans having a few exploits, and Night Elves simply being way too powerfull.
dead end
Old Apr 15th, 2004, 04:48 PM       
undead have a pretty big disadvantage against defense structures. their only siege attacker is that corpsewagon, but they always wander into the range of towers and such :/ even when i tell them to attack ground, they go way way too far an always get damaged. if you tell them to attack a tower that your other units are hitting, then splash will destroy your own guys :o garg frustration :O frost wyrms look powerful, except for having light armor and pierce type attack, making them take extra damage against anythin that would be able to hit them (magic/piercing :/) and do less dmg to units with medium or heavy armor (everythin but spellcaster weenies ) are they not expensive enough @.@

undead heroes don't have a ground targeting attack like earthquake or firewall or blizzard. dnd doesn't really count, since you have to keep your lich standing still or it cancels. carrionswarm and the cryptlord locustattack don't hit buildings either.

that human tool shop item 'tinytower' was waay too good. costing the same as a regular one an building much faster. i hope they changed that :/ th blight skull item is almost worthless also

i dunno. i'm tired of thinkin about it. maybe you're right.
zoom
eggyolk is probably a spambot
Old Apr 15th, 2004, 09:45 PM       
what the hell is fire wall

heroes are great, i agree they can be annoying at times, and they do cut the fun down on a game when you're constantly being harassed by that blademaster god damn him
Fartin's biggest fan
Perndog is probably a spambot
Old Apr 15th, 2004, 09:56 PM       
As far as balance goes, they're tweaking it in every patch, so by version 1.30 or so it'll be perfect.

However, Starcraft is perfect now, so why bother playing Warcraft 3?
dead end
Old Apr 15th, 2004, 10:27 PM       
sorry too much ro. flame strike i meant.

starz is probably a spambot
Old Apr 16th, 2004, 09:29 PM       
i think the game is fairly balanced, the death knight is way overpowered, and sleep, surround still works with the dreadlord. The only unbalance I see is Night Elf and beastmaster abuse
zoom
eggyolk is probably a spambot
Old Apr 17th, 2004, 01:57 AM       
Death Knight isn't overpowered. just because someone beat you using him hes overpowered?

btw goblin tinker rules at higher levels