Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Mocker
ScruU2wice is probably a spambot
Old Jul 5th, 2006, 12:27 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectre X
It's black and white with him, yes, but what is right and what is wrong doesn't necessarily follow the law.

In Superman: Birthright, he shoots a guy in the face with a gun, because the guy sold a kid a gun, with which the kid threatened a little girl, traumatizing her for life, probably. So Supes goes to the guy, picks up a gun, point it at the guy's face and pulls the trigger. And then he cacthes the bullet before it hits him so that he isn't physically hurt at least, but now he's just as traumatized as the girl, having gone through the same thing.
How is that bad ass? the guy doesn't get shot in the face. I don't see how teaching the guy a lesson/ mentally scarring him for life is cooler than rorschac breaking peoples arms for breathing too loud.

I'm not a superman fan so I only have casual knowledge of his endeavors. I know enough about superman to know that he was pretty fucked with doomsday and that's it. But that just made me cheer on doomsday for kicking his ass. and if there are all these people that put supermans life in peril I might see a movie about them instead of one where lex luthors master plan is to sodomize superman with kryptonite, but I guess not enough to actually hurt him.

From the trend of this topic I don't see this movie doing anything else that could make me like superman more than the near zero level I do right now.
Banned
Location: Illinois, Alberta, Canada, Thailand, Space, Groundling Marsh, Manhattan, Man Hat Ton
ArrowX sucks
Old Jul 5th, 2006, 12:37 AM       
I miss the Cyborg and the Enforcer (the Superman with yellow goggles) I'm really not claiming to know all that much about Supes, the only comics I have are one of the Doomsday comics, the one where Cyborg "makes them look" then blows them away and The Bloodlines Annual Superman (origin of Loose Cannon)
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Jul 5th, 2006, 04:51 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krythor
Arrowx, could you please stop reading wikipedia before every post? Thanks.

That was very funny. Well done.
Rating: Yes.
Spectre X is probably a spambot
Old Jul 5th, 2006, 08:01 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by StupidKraut
I miss the Cyborg and the Enforcer (the Superman with yellow goggles) I'm really not claiming to know all that much about Supes, the only comics I have are one of the Doomsday comics, the one where Cyborg "makes them look" then blows them away and The Bloodlines Annual Superman (origin of Loose Cannon)
It's the Eradicator, not the Enforcer.
Location: In that place where i didnt know where we were before
Comrade Rocket is probably a spambot
Old Jul 6th, 2006, 02:10 AM       
there was an episode of the animated series where superman was teleported to a world with a red sun and he lost all his powers. He had to survive using only his wits. I think he fought some wolves and had made a sword somehow.

i forgot most of it, but i remember it being cool because superman had become no stronger than you or I but still was able to survive in a harsh enviroment. I also remember seeing a comic book that had a "what if?" where krypton never was destroyed and Kal basically drove around on a motorcycle.

i forgot what im getting at. But i think a superman movie with one of the above storylines would be a real interesting take on things.
Rating: Yes.
Spectre X is probably a spambot
Old Jul 6th, 2006, 04:28 AM       
That was actually an episode of the Justice League cartoon, and it wouldn't translate well into movies because the general public isn't intererested in seeing a powerless Superman fight giant cockroaches with a sword he made by himself, a sledgehammer, and an immortal villain-turned-hero-with-a-ray-gun.

And Supes driving a motorcycle? Sorry, that's too much like the abortion that Tim Burton wanted to turn Superman into.