Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Movies & Television
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Adult Adaptor
Cliff Steele is probably a spambot
Old Jul 2nd, 2006, 07:38 PM       
fuck superman he sucks. lets talk about other stuff. man guys tonights tom goes to the mayor is real good, gary busey :O
frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Jul 2nd, 2006, 08:11 PM       
I'm trying to find Heavy Metal 2000, yet I'm not able to find it anywhere.
Banned
noob3 is probably a spambot
Old Jul 2nd, 2006, 09:24 PM       
i take a dump on super man
Rating: Yes.
Spectre X is probably a spambot
Old Jul 3rd, 2006, 04:40 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff The Ninja
So, if Superman Is vunerable to magic. Then he must have hated birthday Parties

But yeah. Kryptonite Can harm Superman, but its not like a magical Force Field that will Ward him off. The only way to kill superman is to Trap him with a Magical Force Field, and then Stab him with a Jagged Piece of Kryptonite. Lex had a good idea in the film, but it is because of Lois Lane that he was able to defeat Lex.

It also explains Superman's Near Death at the hands of Doomsday. Because I Am not mistaking, Doomsday was Partially made of Kryptonite (SpectreX Can clear this up as My details are a little sketchy). Also, some of the other Superbeings have no vulnerability to Kryptonite, Like Superboy (again, SpectreX can clear this up.) as superboy has, or atleast in some comics, a Magical Force Field which gives him the near invinciblity.
Doomsday wasn't made of kryptonite, he was just strong enough to actually hurt Superman.

And I'm pretty sure that Superboy was at least somewhat vulnerable to kryptonite, and he had a telekinetic forcefield. That's it.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Jul 3rd, 2006, 06:42 AM       
hey guys how bout that infinite crisis?

That was very funny. Well done.
Old Jul 3rd, 2006, 08:34 AM       
Infinite Crisis sucks. The whole story is just so alwardly written and concieved. And the group shots in IC#7 suck even more than the story. Phil Jimenez can't do group shots. They should have just had George PĂ©rez do the entire book. He has the best group shots.

What the fuck is Sivana doing in the middle of a battle between superpowered people? He knows better than that.
Mocker
Ant10708 is probably a spambot
Old Jul 3rd, 2006, 05:32 PM       
I found the movie to be very very boring. I did like Kevin Spacey as Lex Luther though.

I was never a Superman fan so I may be biased agaisnt the film but I was just bored.
The Center Square
Brandon is probably a spambot
Old Jul 3rd, 2006, 07:20 PM       
Saw it at a press screening last week. I liked it, even though it was loaded down with some monstrous superhero movie cliches.

Why is nobody mentioning Parker Posey?
Banned
Location: Illinois, Alberta, Canada, Thailand, Space, Groundling Marsh, Manhattan, Man Hat Ton
ArrowX sucks
Old Jul 3rd, 2006, 08:55 PM       
Isn't doomsday like 99% invincible? Something about him not being able to die the same way twice?

Fun Fact: Doomsdays name was given to him by Booster Gold
Mike P is probably a spambot
Old Jul 3rd, 2006, 09:52 PM       
Some of the comics also posit that the more yellow sun radiation Superman absorbs, the less Kryptonite affects him.
Mocker
ScruU2wice is probably a spambot
Old Jul 3rd, 2006, 11:23 PM       
I don't know if the argument is over but Superman is my least favorite concept for a superhero, because technically he's God cept when he get's a wiff of kryptonite which always happens but never in enough quantities to actually harm him more then a bad migrane and forced blowjob stance.

I've never ever felt that superman was ever in real trouble. Which really makes me bored. Second of all he's just a do gooder and not really hitting how poorly defined the lines of right and wrong are in real life.
Now with less sodium!

Immortal Goat is probably a spambot
Old Jul 3rd, 2006, 11:27 PM       
I couldn't have said it better myself, Scru. That's why I only really liked the Death and Life saga. It was the only time he was ever in real trouble.
Old Jul 4th, 2006, 04:45 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScruU2wice
I don't know if the argument is over but Superman is my least favorite concept for a superhero, because technically he's God cept when he get's a wiff of kryptonite which always happens but never in enough quantities to actually harm him more then a bad migrane and forced blowjob stance.

I've never ever felt that superman was ever in real trouble. Which really makes me bored. Second of all he's just a do gooder and not really hitting how poorly defined the lines of right and wrong are in real life.
Yeah.

You don't know anything about Superman, apparently.
Arts & Farts
Krythor is probably a real personKrythor is probably a real person
Old Jul 4th, 2006, 05:16 AM       
Arrowx, could you please stop reading wikipedia before every post? Thanks.
Now with less sodium!

Old Jul 4th, 2006, 10:18 AM       
He knows enough about Superman to know that, for the most part, he's a boring character who is never really in danger. Even when someone gets Kryptonite, when you see Superman on the scene, you know for a fact that everything is going to be alright. And even if he screws up, he'll fly around the world so darn fast that time will reverse itself, and "Hey, everything's alright again, LOL".

Infallibility pisses me off.
Old Jul 4th, 2006, 11:22 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Immortal Goat
He knows enough about Superman to know that, for the most part, he's a boring character who is never really in danger. Even when someone gets Kryptonite, when you see Superman on the scene, you know for a fact that everything is going to be alright. And even if he screws up, he'll fly around the world so darn fast that time will reverse itself, and "Hey, everything's alright again, LOL".

Infallibility pisses me off.
And you know even less, apparently.
Now with less sodium!

Old Jul 4th, 2006, 11:55 AM       
Let me rephrase that. I'VE never felt that he's been in any real danger aside from Doomsday. I find him to be an incredibly boring character that never (in my readings of him) even realizes that there are shades of gray in the moral spectrum. It's black and white with him.
Old Jul 4th, 2006, 02:39 PM       
It's black and white with him, yes, but what is right and what is wrong doesn't necessarily follow the law.

In Superman: Birthright, he shoots a guy in the face with a gun, because the guy sold a kid a gun, with which the kid threatened a little girl, traumatizing her for life, probably. So Supes goes to the guy, picks up a gun, point it at the guy's face and pulls the trigger. And then he cacthes the bullet before it hits him so that he isn't physically hurt at least, but now he's just as traumatized as the girl, having gone through the same thing.

And it's not always about what danger Superman is in, it's what danger other people are in. It's very hard to put Supes himself in physical danger, but Superman is and has always been about preventing people from getting hurt. He always tries to minimize collateral damage, if he has to choose between hitting a superpowered villain or saving dozens of people from falling rubble, he'll always go for the people first, because Superman is about protecting lives.

And still, there are plenty of times when Superman is at risk of snuffing it. There was that whole Imperiex thing, and pretty much whenever he went up against Darkseid or his agents. Also just recently in Infinite Crisis, though I'd rather ignore that whole deal. The whole World War Three storyline with Mageddon having trapped Supes inside him, mentally torturing him and whatnot. The list goes on and on and on.
Now with less sodium!

Old Jul 4th, 2006, 02:48 PM       
I didn't know that thing about the gun, and yes, that is pretty badass. Still, though, for one reason or another, I just find him to be a boring character. He has become simply the most basic superhero to me.
Old Jul 4th, 2006, 03:30 PM       
That's because he is. He was the first, pretty much. You should read more comics with Superman in them and your appreciation of him will go up.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Jul 4th, 2006, 04:58 PM       
Of course superman's pretty much unstoppable. Doesn't mean he doesn't still have some badass fights. Read kingdom come, for instance :o

That was very funny. Well done.
Mocker
Jixby Phillips is probably a spambot
Old Jul 4th, 2006, 06:01 PM       
fuck you you fucking crybabies
Banned
Location: Illinois, Alberta, Canada, Thailand, Space, Groundling Marsh, Manhattan, Man Hat Ton
ArrowX sucks
Old Jul 4th, 2006, 09:22 PM       
Do you fucking women have to carry on an argument about EVERYTHING. Thats the problem wiht the internet, it gives the stupidest people enough time to research and form a valid argument, so nobody ever truly loses. Just State your opinion ONCE and shut the hell up about it.

You assholes made me agree with Jixby
Lord Felch Demon
Ninjavenom is probably a spambot
Old Jul 4th, 2006, 10:03 PM       
I used to think he sucked because of having too many powers as well, but this movie highlighted everything that really kicks ass about Superman. He's great because he's kind of tragic. His powers are really just plot devices, which i think is really pretty cool about him. He's so well-developed and he has great charisma, plus, as spectre said, his dedication to saving lives is nothing less than fanatic. He really isn't that strong when he has to fight certain villains, too, such as Darkseid (whose eye lasers have almost as many powers as supes does,) Doomsday, and sometimes Lobo. Kevin Spacey did a boner-inspiring job playing Luthor, also, i must admit.
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Jul 5th, 2006, 12:11 AM       
I thought Bosworth's Lois Lane was incredibly grumpy and bitchy and I didn't like her one bit.

The thing that bugs me about Superman is that COME ON GUYS ALL HE HAS TO DO IS WEAR GLASSES AND HE CAN FOOL THE WHOLE WORLD PFFFFFFFFFT.

Spacey pretty much saved the movie for me. I didn't get all that into it.

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog