Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Music
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Lord Felch Demon
Ninjavenom is probably a spambot
Old Nov 7th, 2005, 01:25 AM        Incredible show i just saw
Cryptopsy dropped out due to transportation trouble. Gay.
Cephalic Carnage dropped out due to (?). Meh.

Despised Icon played first, we didn't get there for them. We felt good about that.

Aborted were halfway through their set when we got there. The rocked pretty hard, and made us realize that it was really fucking hot in the club. We were at the outer edge of the floor, and it was hot as hell.

Decapitated played next. I never liked them on CD, i thought they were pretty be boring, but i'll be fucked if they didn't really get me in the mood. The pits for this band were huge. One girl kept coming in swinging. I dunno what it is about pits that girls don't understand. They think the point is to deck someone and get away with it. About fifteen minutes into their set, the girl got busted in the mouth, and she's standing around and gesturing like she doesn't give a shit. Ok, you're bleeding. Big deal. During the next song, she gets knocked the fuck out. I don't know how, or who did it, it was probably an accident, but goddamn if she didn't deserve it. They played about a 30 minute set, and were actually very fun to watch.

Vader were on after Decpitated. I have seen Vader before (with Nile), and they along with Kreator beat the everloving crap out of Nile. To be fair, the soundman at the place i saw them was kind of shitty, but even so, they put on one hell of an energetic show, and it was even better this time. 40 minutes of pure, intense death metal. They played Litany and Sothis, and the rest is kind of a blur, but i was kind of disappointed that they didn't play Black to the Blind. They more than made up for it with a closing cover of Slayer's Reign in Blood that got the entire crowd singing and banging their heads. It was fucking awesome and i'll bet dollars to donuts that even though they wrote it, Slayer couldn't beat that experience on the best day of their lives with the lineup that wrote it.

Suffocation headlined. We thought that Vader would be very difficult to top, but Suffo more than lived up to the legend and the anticipation. They opened with Infecting the Crypts, so that right there had me banging my head and thrashing harder than any band i've ever seen. They also played Breeding the Spawn, Pierced From Within, Liege of Inveracity, Effigy of the Forgotten, Prelude to Repulsion, Souls to Deny, Subconsciously Enslaved, Thrones of Blood, Depths of Depravity and Immortally Condemned. Nothing they have recorded can do justice to the way they sound live. They were all at the top of their game, and they fucking ANNIHILATED. I managed to get up front to the stage for their encore (and my favorite track, i might add), Funeral Inception. Oh my fucking god. This song made the fucking show. It was unbelievable, the crowd batshit fucking bananas, and i was lucky enough be to crammed enough in between a girly-looking dude and a way-too-skinny girl to get a perfect view of the song, and bang my head until my brain hurt :O. We left the show absolutely covered in sweat and wondering how any band will ever manage to top that experience.

Awesome, excellent, incredible show, even without Cryptopsy! :O

And actually, now that i think about it, i think i can't see certain colors right now o .o
Mocker
EverythingWillSuck is probably a spambot
Old Nov 7th, 2005, 08:02 PM       
I think that'd be the biggest dissapointment ever to go see Suffocation and end up with them not playing Funeral Inception.
Mocker
Big Papa Goat is probably a spambot
Old Nov 7th, 2005, 11:52 PM       
I saw them with cryptopsy when they came here, and they were absolute awe. A lot of the people at the show seemed more excited about Cyptopsy then Suffocation, which is nuts, but Cryptopsy definitely did slay pretty hard. Lord Worm didn't have the same super-creepy stage presence he had the last time I saw them, although the stage set up wasn't very good for him, he was all hella cramped between the drums and the guitarist or somesuch. Despised Icon were total shit, as ever, I don't know how they end up on these tours, its ridiculous.
Suffocation opened with Infecting the Crypts when they came here too, which I thought was just the best thing in the world. It was pretty aweomse hearing Frank Mullen talking to the crowd in his New York accent, but they didn't do any encores which was a bit of a piss off
Still, easily the best concert I've ever been to
Lord Felch Demon
Ninjavenom is probably a spambot
Old Nov 8th, 2005, 02:17 AM       
Yeah, his accent is great. As much as i would have loved to see Cryptopsy, my neck and arms were nearly broken by the end of the show. I dunno if i could have withstood a whole barrage of Crpytopsy pits too. That sucks about the encores. Maybe they didn't think your crowd deserved it :O
Mocker
Big Papa Goat is probably a spambot
Old Nov 8th, 2005, 09:31 PM       
Our city really doesn't deserve any of the metal we've been getting lately, we've got about a million people, and I'd say there were 150 people tops at this show, didn't even sell out the bar that it was held at. The place didn't even allow crowd surfing or anything, which was hilarious, cus Frank said something such as "Hey go ahead and get up here, lets get some crowd surfing going on up here" and then some guy got kicked out for it.
But ya, even Judas Priest only sold about 6000 tickets
Might have to go see Vader and Decapitated when they get here now though
Banned
FartinMowler sucks
Old Nov 8th, 2005, 10:04 PM       
I don't think kids get into music anymore. I went to a show and I kept thinking "what the fuxk" there is such an ostracizing of having fun "no smoking" or "surfing" or "special slam dancing section" (for fags ) that seeing a live band isn't a audience participation event anymore in Canada? I'd kick most of your asses if you could go back 15 years :/
adept_ninja is probably a spambot
Old Nov 8th, 2005, 10:59 PM       
Best show I have ever been to; effing amazing