Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

VinceZeb is probably a spambot
Old Sep 11th, 2003, 07:44 AM        Idiot liberal...
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...e_030910230217

CANCUN, Mexico (AFP) - The protest suicide of a South Korean man and clashes between demonstrators and police in Cancun overshadowed the first day of a World Trade Organization (news - web sites) conference in the Mexican resort.

"We all regret this sad incident," WTO Director-General Supachai Panitchpakdi said after Lee Kyang Hae, 55, stabbed himself during a protest.

"This self-inflicted wound has resulted in his death, so we do regret it," he said.

A fellow militant said that Lee's act was meant to "demonstrate opposition to the WTO, which is killing our farmers and destroying Korea's agriculture."

Lee, who headed South Korea (news - web sites)'s Federation of Farmers and Fishermen, stabbed himself on the sidelines of a protest by several thousand people, which ended in clashes between police and a few hundred demonstrators that left several people injured.

Barriers and a massive security deployment kept demonstrators more than 10 kilometers (six miles) away from the convention center where ministers from the 146-member WTO were seeking to relaunch a free trade agenda.

Earlier in the day, about 30 people inside the conference hall chanted anti-WTO slogans as Supachai delivered his opening address.

"We will only achieve the objectives of trade and development if there are benefits for all," Supachai told the meeting.

"We face a choice here in Cancun: either we continue to strengthen the multilateral trading system and the world economy or we flounder and add to the prevailing uncertainties," he said to jeers from protesters.

The gathering has also sparked protests from Asia to Europe.

But the damage done to the WTO by the delegates themselves could prove to be far greater than that caused by activists, notably if some delegations carry out a threat to walk away from the talks if their demands for farm trade reforms are ignored.

Australia's Trade Minister Mark Vaile, among those who threatened a walk-out, stressed his country "will only accept an outcome that will result in a significant improvement in agricultural trade."

Agriculture is the most contentious issue thwarting efforts by the WTO to implement the Doha Development Agenda, an ambitious road map for eliminating global trade barriers adopted in the Qatari capital, Doha, in November 2001.

European Trade Commissioner Patrick Lamy said the EU was ready "to go the extra mile to bring us to agreement."

He stressed that the key overall goal was "the integration of developing countries into the world economy," though he insisted the global trade group was not divided between poor and rich nations.

"It would be a great mistake to see the situation this way and at odds with reality," he said in remarks to the conference.

But Indian Commerce Minister Arun Jaitly criticized a text submitted for discussion at the meeting, saying "it does not accommodate the legitimate aspirations of developing countries and instead seeks to project and advance the views of certain developed countries."

On Wednesday evening, delegates were to discuss a proposal by four African states that calls for the elimination of subsidies for cotton production and export over a period of four years.

African cotton growers say agricultural subsidies in the United States threaten the survival of the sector in impoverished African countries.

But US cotton growers have vowed to launch a concerted effort to thwart any attempt to trim their subsidies, which come to roughly 3.9 billion dollars annually.

Anonymous is probably a spambot
Old Sep 11th, 2003, 08:13 AM       
YEAH
Mocker
pjalne is probably a spambot
Old Sep 11th, 2003, 09:14 AM       
Hi, Vince
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Sep 11th, 2003, 09:25 AM       
He's back.

Old Sep 11th, 2003, 10:40 AM       
A guy goes to an enternity of Hell because he wanted to protest the WTO. That is completey and utterly retarded.
Mocker
pjalne is probably a spambot
Old Sep 11th, 2003, 10:42 AM       
Well, nice to see you too
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Sep 11th, 2003, 10:51 AM       
Does he go to an eternity of hell because he is a liberal?

I don't understand. :/
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Sep 11th, 2003, 11:16 AM       
Naw, it's cause if'n you're a Catholic suicide is a sin. Plus which he probably didn't accept christ as his saviour, and even if he did he doesn't agree with Vinth, and that's a mortal sin 'cause God speaks directly to Vinth and Vinth speaks ex-cathedra more often than the pope.

Impressive cut n' paste, though, what with it not even being direct from Boortz.

Note to Vinth: Now that you're on bi-polar meds you need to stop drinking.

EDIT: It makes me sad you still don't feel well enough to post on your own site, not even in the forum. My advice? Get back on the horthe. Post any old crap just to get back in the habbit. No one will be able to tell the difference anyway. Heck, post something about how much you hate Cuba, that always seems to get a reflexive twicth out of you. Sure, it won't be much more than you get from touching a disected frogs leg with an electrode, but iit will be something.
Queen of the Beasts
Jeanette X is probably a spambot
Old Sep 11th, 2003, 11:41 AM       
Quote:
African cotton growers say agricultural subsidies in the United States threaten the survival of the sector in impoverished African countries.

But US cotton growers have vowed to launch a concerted effort to thwart any attempt to trim their subsidies, which come to roughly 3.9 billion dollars annually.
Gosh Vince...I thought you would be against subsidies, seeing as you are a libertarian and all.
Rating: Yes.
Spectre X is probably a spambot
Old Sep 11th, 2003, 12:59 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceZeb
A guy goes to an enternity of Hell because he wanted to protest the WTO. That is completey and utterly retarded.
wow...

you're an idiot.

FS is probably a spambot
Old Sep 11th, 2003, 02:11 PM       
This is a rhetorical question, but how exactly did you know he was a "liberal"?

Baalzamon is probably a spambot
Old Sep 11th, 2003, 03:41 PM       
Quote:
This is a rhetorical question, but how exactly did you know he was a "liberal"?
(I will step in for vinth here since hes so depressed and shouldnt extert himself)

"Thats SOOOO easy quethtion. He is protethting, therefore he is liberal this is clear for all to see even you stoopid libs. All liberal hippies go to hell because god hates them especially ones who thtab thenselves and die because they are communist idiot child molesters. The WTO is the bestest thing for everyone himselves included and thats why he is dumb for opposition it with his life you idiot mockers! Everyone laugh at your stupidity forever all the way to your eternity in hell I will laugh at you from my nuclear submarine in heaven while I squeeze boobs and get handjobs in hottubs. "

Does that sound about right?
BaronVonBoner is probably a spambot
Old Sep 11th, 2003, 04:51 PM       
Weren't these same protesters protesting NAKED earlier?
I think they shouldve stuck with that idea.

Old Sep 11th, 2003, 07:38 PM       
He is going to Hell because he committed suicide. He committed suicide and provided nothing for his cause except a body to feed the dirt with. He is a liberal because only a liberal would 1) protest the WTO and 2) kill themselves on the plight of farmers.
Mocker
Big Papa Goat is probably a spambot
Old Sep 11th, 2003, 08:44 PM       
Doesn't Pat Buchannan not like the WTO?
Now with less sodium!

Immortal Goat is probably a spambot
Old Sep 11th, 2003, 09:25 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by mburbank
Plus which he probably didn't accept christ as his saviour, and even if he did he doesn't agree with Vinth, and that's a mortal sin 'cause God speaks directly to Vinth and Vinth speaks ex-cathedra more often than the pope.
You mean "cathater", right? 'Cuz Vince IS a dickhead...
Mocker
Old Sep 11th, 2003, 09:50 PM       
Vince puts the fun in fundamentalist.
Now with less sodium!

Old Sep 11th, 2003, 10:04 PM       
More like he puts the "pubic" in rePUBlICan.

punkgrrrlie10 is probably a spambot
Old Sep 11th, 2003, 10:25 PM       
Quote:
He is going to Hell because he committed suicide. He committed suicide and provided nothing for his cause except a body to feed the dirt with. He is a liberal because only a liberal would 1) protest the WTO and 2) kill themselves on the plight of farmers.
Yeah, that's true. Food isn't really necessary for our well-being or survival. It takes something truly heinous for conservatives to commit suicide....like losing all their money in a stock market crash.
Now with less sodium!

Old Sep 11th, 2003, 10:33 PM       
When I hear "conservative", I think of Republicans, and when I think of Republicans, Rush Limbaugh comes to mind. And when THAT happens, I think of moronic, opinionated, greedy bastards that like to hear themselves talk, even if what they have to say is idiotic. Yes, Vince, ole Rush is an idiot. If you want to live in a society where everything is viewed in a conservative manner, go back to the days of the puritains, you goddamned brainwashed motherfucker.
Mocker
KevinTheOmnivore is probably a spambot
Old Sep 11th, 2003, 11:57 PM       
Quote:
He is a liberal because only a liberal would 1) protest the WTO
This is really funny.
Mocker
The_Rorschach is probably a spambot
Old Sep 12th, 2003, 12:19 AM       
"When I hear "conservative", I think of Republicans, and when I think of Republicans, Rush Limbaugh comes to mind. And when THAT happens, I think of moronic, opinionated, greedy bastards that like to hear themselves talk, even if what they have to say is idiotic. Yes, Vince, ole Rush is an idiot. If you want to live in a society where everything is viewed in a conservative manner, go back to the days of the puritains, you goddamned brainwashed motherfucker."

Thankfully the liberal perspective is propelled by such tolerant people as you, showing us the better way through example.
Fartin's biggest fan
Perndog is probably a spambot
Old Sep 12th, 2003, 12:40 AM       
Let me be tolerant for a moment and say fuck the liberals and fuck the conservatives, and especially fuck Vinth. This seems like the right thread for this sort of remark.

Of course, I really do mean it.
Mocker
Old Sep 12th, 2003, 12:43 AM       
Fuck tolerance, fuck liberals, fuck conservatives, fuck the WTO, fuck the stupid Korean bastard, and come to think about it, fuck everything.
Fartin's biggest fan
Perndog is probably a spambot
Old Sep 12th, 2003, 12:49 AM       
You're not allowed to say that. You're a liberal.