Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Mocker
The One and Only... is probably a spambot
Old Oct 9th, 2003, 05:05 PM        Realitism: A philosophy by The One and Only...
Metaphysics: Reality is objective. What people see as reality is subjective.

Ultimately, all logical decisions can be brought back to the belief that A must equal A, and that facts are facts. Included in those facts are that religons and belief in the supernatural exit - and whether or not these are real is unknown.

Therefore, no decisions can made upon those, as they have not been proven. But, no rightful claim can be made that they do not exist.

It should be noted, however, that all can learn from the practical, moral, and ethical lessons often taught in religons even if the idol(s) does not exist. It should also be noted that the founder of this philosophy believes that there is at least one powerful force or being whom manifested (them)itself in ways suited to different people. He does not have an opinion as to whether this being or force is natural or supernatural.

Epistemology: Knowledge is assumed to be absolute, but it can never be certainly so. For despite all of our knowledge, the laws of nature may change over time through some unproven - yet not proven to not exist - supernatural force. Or, possibly even through a natural force. Therefore, we may never be certain, but we must consider ourselves to be certain.

Human Nature: Human desires are objective, but how humans achieve our desires are subjective. This means to the end is our human nature. Our minds are created in different ways, and think in different forms. Although all humans do share the basic goals, such as seeking pleasure, the way we reach those ends obviously varies. For example, some find happiness in helping others, while some find happiness in hoarding wealth.

Ethics: It is impossible that human nature would defy itself by following ethics. Therefore, ethics are merely an extension of human nature; if one's ethics leads them to donate money to the poor, it is merely because doing such would follow their nature, which would ultimately lead back to a basic human desire.

Politics: Politics spin out of individual ethics, and it is therefore outside of this philosophy to choose a poltical side for anyone. It should be noted that the creator of this philosophy (the poster) supports a laissez-faire capitalist system because he believes it to be more efficient and for it to be the system that will ultimately lead to the quickest growth in the standard of living for all people in society throughout time.

Esthetics: Art is objective, but the purpose of art is subjective. It varies from each persons mental frame to the next.
xXxASPERGERSxXx
CaptainBubba is probably a spambot
Old Oct 9th, 2003, 05:59 PM       
But they KNOW that god exists.

PWNED WITH MASTER THEISITC LOGIC!!

I generally agree with eveything you've stated in this thread.