Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Mocker
The_Rorschach is probably a spambot
Old Oct 8th, 2003, 06:00 PM       
"I didn't vote, because I don't live in California. thx"

I was speaking in general terms. For instance, I was having a conversation with a girl yesterday who informed be she'd read an article which stated that Arnold S. didn't even have a consistant voting record, having only cast a ballot in 11 of the past 25 years. People who don't take part in the process, I believe, have given up their right to speak out against it.

And to you Kevin. . .For the most part I agree with you, however, it should be noted that the outcome you predict rests largely upon how well Arnold S. performs during the remainder of this term. I've been predicting a schism taking place amongst concervatives for nearly a year now, and if Arnold is successful, I believe it will act as the catalyst we've been waiting for. There will be the dyed in the wool Conservatives like me and then a newer more moderate branch of Conversatives whom may rise up and hijack the Republican Party. I believe the more moderate cons, those with Libertarian leanings if you will, reflect most aptly what the people desire now, however people are woefully short sighted and I don't expect to change my own views anytime soon.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Oct 8th, 2003, 06:18 PM       
Just wait a few years and it will be ARNOLD FOR PRESIDENT. It's happened before!
Mocker
KevinTheOmnivore is probably a spambot
Old Oct 8th, 2003, 06:32 PM       
Not without an amendment there won't be.

And Ror, I agree with you 100%. If Arnold can't capitalize off of this energy, it'll die as quickly as it started. If he can at least "appear" to pull Cali. out of the recession, and again, can at least "appear" to stimulate business and job growth, he will be canonized. If this happens, it could create your schism in the Republican Party.
Mocker

Abcdxxxx is probably a spambot
Old Oct 9th, 2003, 05:13 AM       
I keep waiting for the bad Arnold imitations to die down so people can start all "the upside" talk about how this was good for Democracy because it got people caring about an election again. People were passionate compared to past elections.... I heard about lines around the corner down at SF city hall. Impressive numbers numbers with voter turn out blah blah.

The other "upside" I actually find kinda amusing is that a Republican candidate won, and the Right are flipping out over the Kennedy clan "reinventing" themselves and taking over the party.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Oct 9th, 2003, 05:51 AM       
Who won?

Anonymous is probably a spambot
Old Oct 9th, 2003, 06:36 AM       
I HOPE YOU LEFT ROOM FOR MY FIST BECAUSE I AM GOING TO RAM IT INTO YOUR STOMACH
Mocker
The One and Only... is probably a spambot
Old Oct 9th, 2003, 04:06 PM       
I don't think Arnold is extreme enough to be called an economic libertarian.

I think he's more of the socially liberal branch.

I agree with Kevin and Ror about voting, since the "voting for someone who actually has a chance" philosophy is what has kept 3rd parties out of power.
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Oct 10th, 2003, 09:50 AM       
Kev; Did you know that the amendment you speak of is currently being actively pushed by Orin Hatch? I'm not making that up.

All that aside, laughter aside, disdain aside, I do think like any other elected official Arnold deserves a chance. It will certainly be interesting.
BANNED

Old Oct 10th, 2003, 07:36 PM       
*REMEMBER REAGAN*

*insert ragen pictures*

WE LOVED YOU REAHAN

I'm so drunk
Mocker
KevinTheOmnivore is probably a spambot
Old Oct 12th, 2003, 02:12 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by mburbank
Kev; Did you know that the amendment you speak of is currently being actively pushed by Orin Hatch? I'm not making that up.
Yeah, but I find it unlikely. I mean, personally, I think I favor the amendment. I mean, if the "American dream" extends to the private sector, why not the public one...? I mean, we have always feared Catholics in the oval office, because it was some how assumed they'd be taking their stepping orders from Rome. I think the notion that an Austrian born male might have "mixed loyalties" is just as absurd as the previous argument....
Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old Oct 12th, 2003, 03:34 PM       
Imagine what would happen if a Canadian became president!