Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

punkgrrrlie10 is probably a spambot
Old Oct 3rd, 2003, 08:26 PM       
Honestly I think the patriot act is going to be a big deal for the conservative party. conservatives don't really care for big gov't and the patriot act is perhaps the biggest of big gov't.

For the democrats I think there is a problem with trying to pay back for past descrimination. Alot of people are getting the point where equality means just that, equality.
Mocker
KevinTheOmnivore is probably a spambot
Old Oct 8th, 2003, 05:25 PM       
I think the PATRIOT Act is a good choice. Towns and communities all throughout the nation are passing resolutions condemning this thing, and everywhere John Ashcroft goes he is greeted by protests mixed with Anarchists, commies, liberals, and Libertarians.

Now, we know President Bush is supportive of it, but where do the "main" Democratic candidates stand on it...? I'm not certain what Dean, Clarke, Gephardt, and Kerry have to say about it. Traditionally speaking, in this country, when at least ONE of the parties adopts a polar assault against the other on an issue, the political unrest it could cause is stifled. However, when NEITHER party adopts a stance truly opposed to it, and if a ground swell builds up from the states against it, realignment could be a possibility.

I think the American people however fall into three camps on the whole PATRIOT Act matter. Camp A-- Opposed, Camp B-- supportive, and big 'ol Camp C-- I dun care, I dunno. Probably not enough to create said "ground swell." :/