Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Son of a Sandworm??!
timrpgland is probably a spambot
Old Aug 2nd, 2006, 11:17 AM        Saints Row
Well I downloaded and played the demo last night. Somewhat interesting. It definately felt like a clone but at the same time it was enjoyable. The big complaint I have is that they didn't really nail the driving mechanics. They don't feel fluid at all. Overall it does play ok and the graphics are nice (explosions are cool). I will be picking it up when it's released. It's not the next GTA but it will hold me over for a while. I hope the multiplayer is fun.

XBOX LIVE: KefkaGrim
Whiter than Alabaster
the_dudefather is probably a spambot
Old Aug 2nd, 2006, 12:46 PM       
i found the demo incredibly fun, probobly played it for about 4-5 hours so far, the shooting and fighting feels very fluid, using the left stick for acceleration (in options menu) allows for full car control and aiming at the same time, which can allow for some nice drivebys

fun stuff to try:
-thowing pipebombs into the back of pickups (tricky but fun)
-car surfing, stand on top of a car, or the back of a pickup with an NPC driving and go nuts with a shotgun or pipebombs
-throwing pipe bombs at everthing else
-use the 'get beyond the demo barrier glitch' to find the AK47 (there are tutoials on youtube)

as far as GTA clones go, this is the cream of the crop, looking forward to launch day

frunk as duck
Drunkenbrigade is probably a spambot
Old Aug 2nd, 2006, 11:30 PM       
Yeah the demo is pretty good. I agree with timrpg, the driving does need a little fixing but other than that everything else is good so far.

Also, shin kicking pedestrians with the left bumper makes for some hilarious moments.

Alcoholism- The new fad in todays society. Dont be left out! Get a free "How to drink your way through life!" tape with 2 proofs of purchase with every 24 pack of Budweiser.TM or
Bud-lite.TM
XboxLiveTag-IXISilencerIXI
ABSeNCe is probably a spambot
Old Aug 9th, 2006, 01:35 PM       
The driving is actually more realistic. They don't need to fix it, you just need to get used to it. The R trigger would work out better for the accelerator, but using the A button allows for much easier drive-bys. Unlike San Andreas's near impossible drive-bys on the XBOX
Son of a Sandworm??!
Old Aug 9th, 2006, 02:55 PM       
Using the other analog for gas is easiest for drive-bys but the driving mechanics themselves aren't that good. I did get used to it and get by with ease but just because it's easy doesn't mean they are good. The cars feel strange while strong turning and don't act the way a real car should.

Whiter than Alabaster
Old Aug 9th, 2006, 05:21 PM       
the full game will have the abilty to use the triggers to accelerate and shoot, making drivebys a bit better

but yeah it is so much easier than GTA to 'pop a cap' while 'crusin' your 'turf' in this game, even to the extent of killing the driver of the car chasing you and watching it veer off the road

IWORKFORTHEMAN:MAN
Misdemonar is probably a spambot
Old Aug 9th, 2006, 05:25 PM       
I CREATED A MALFORMED GANGSTA, I CALL HIM, KORATH!
Son of a Sandworm??!
Old Aug 29th, 2006, 01:13 AM       
Just got home from picking it up. Impressions asap. Had to hassle some old lady at Walmart to find the shipment.

Whiter than Alabaster
Old Aug 29th, 2006, 05:20 AM       
its out friday in the uk, but i should be able to pick it up tomarrow (viva la game shop job)

post pics of your malformed gangsta!

Son of a Sandworm??!
Old Aug 29th, 2006, 11:39 AM       
Only got a couple hours in last night before having to go to bed to get up for work.

Like the demo, my early impressions are good. The game tries to be cooler than it is but it's still fun. I'll be trying the multiplayer sometime tonight most likely. The radio stations are so far a little annoying and no where near the quality of GTA's soundtrack. The aiming system is great and I can see how multiplayer might actually be fun. A targetting system would have made that less than appealing.

A Total Fairy
Trash is probably a spambot
Old Aug 29th, 2006, 12:00 PM       
PICS PLZ
The Lion King seemed innocent enough, didn't it? But did we really notice all the issues of assault on morality and ethics the first time we watched it? I sure did not. It was not until I sat down with a pragmatic open mind did I even realize the scope of moral violations the 83-minute The Lion King fed our minds.
Zen444 is probably a spambot
Old Aug 29th, 2006, 03:22 PM       
OH NOES! THE GAME IS NOT REALISTIC ENOUGH! BURN IT!

But is it fun?

FUN!? NOBODY PLAYS GAMES FOR FUN ANYMORE! IT'S GRAPHICS AND REALISM! TARD!
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Aug 29th, 2006, 03:45 PM       
he said he's still gonna buy it despite not-realism you creep, so blow it out your ear
Son of a Sandworm??!
Old Aug 29th, 2006, 05:43 PM       
It's really quite hilarious how much of the game screams GTA clone. I guess we'll still get that for years to come until the "GTA genre" comes into its own.

I know they will be making fun of this game in GTA IV.

Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Aug 29th, 2006, 06:00 PM       
You mean GTA VI?
NEW FACE IN HELL
Rongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's armyRongi has joined BAPE's army
Old Aug 29th, 2006, 06:07 PM       
VC and SA arent considered sequels
Zen444 is probably a spambot
Old Aug 29th, 2006, 06:09 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rongi
You are a winner.

Prize?
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Aug 29th, 2006, 06:22 PM       
Quote:
What? Why?
Whiter than Alabaster
Old Aug 29th, 2006, 07:03 PM       
i think its because LC, VC and SA are considered as parts of the GTA3 'series' rather than fully fledged games (even if they are great individual experiences, this is just how i think Rockstar must see it)

hopefully rockstar will pull out all the stops and make GTA4 the best GTA ever (and they could do with stealing the shooting style and character creation from Saints row while they are at it)

anyway, should be getting SR in a matter of hours (fingers crossed), look forward to seeing you online fellow bling blangers

OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Aug 29th, 2006, 07:05 PM       
cause gta3 is supposed to be set in the late '90s i think, but vc's in the '80s and sa is early 90's so they're technically prequels i guess :/
OH GOD
Old Aug 29th, 2006, 07:06 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen444
Quote:
You are a winner.

Prize?
i got a prize for you how about you win shutting up already you fucking creep
Son of a Sandworm??!
Old Aug 31st, 2006, 11:51 AM       
I haven't tried the multiplayer yet but I've heard some good things about it. Anyone get a chance to play this on Live yet? What are the game modes worth playing?

Whiter than Alabaster
Old Aug 31st, 2006, 06:16 PM       
got this today and after 8 hours of fun realised that i really have to eat at some stage

havent had much luck getting into a multiplayer game (seems to be either the same kind of issues that chromehounds and COD2 had at the start, or simply as its attempting to find local players, and since the game isnt technicly out until tomarrow, no-one is online)

look forward to playing multiplayer , maybe we can form a gang or something (the different time zones might make meeting be a bit tricky though)

frappez le cochon rouge
Fathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contestFathom Zero won the popularity contest
Old Aug 31st, 2006, 11:34 PM       
I got the demo disk today. Too bad.
I have no 360.
Son of a Sandworm??!
Old Sep 5th, 2006, 10:53 AM       
Those of us who have this should start getting some matches in online soon. I'm trying to finish out the single player story and so far have Los Carnales and Westside Rollerz taken care of.