Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Mocker
KevinTheOmnivore is probably a spambot
Old Dec 31st, 2006, 12:59 PM        Predictions for 2007
So with a new year rapidly approaching, I was thinking it might be swell if everybody used their psychic powers and gave us some of their predictions for the New Year.

So, uh, here we go.....

- Troop levels will be slightly and temporarily increased in Iraq (with the help of Joe Biden), and sectarain violence in Iraq will lessen. Maliki is out, and somebody close to Grand Ayatollah al-Sistani will be in. Muqtada al-Sadr will either be a player in a cease fire, or he'll be a dead man (ok, so that's wishy washy).

- Conditions will improve in Afghanistan, with more cooperation from the Pakistani government (this one is sort of cheating, but whatever).

- Not much will change in Darfur.

- Barack Obama will decide not to run for president in 2008.

- Michael Bloomberg will decide to run as an independent for president in 2008 (and will spend a shit ton of money)

- There will be a late 2007 effort to draft Sen. Jim Webb for a presidential run.

- The candidacy of John Edwards, along with the 2007 Super Bowl victory of the New Orleans Saints, and attacks from the Commentariat, will force President Bush and Congress to revisit Katrina and address the reconstruction of the city.

- The new Democratic majority in Congress will hold all sorts of hearings that ultimately result in little.

- The New York Yankees will win the World Series, and Jose Reyes will break his leg.