Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Oct 18th, 2005, 08:51 PM        IS CHENNEY TOAST?!
White House Watch: Cheney Resignation Rumors Fly
By Paul Bedard
US News and World Report

Tuesday 18 October 2005

Sparked by today's Washington Post story that suggests Vice President Cheney's office is involved in the Plame-CIA spy link investigation, government officials and advisers passed around rumors that the vice president might step aside and that President Bush would elevate Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice.

"It's certainly an interesting but I still think highly doubtful scenario," said a Bush insider. "And if that should happen," added the official, "there will undoubtedly be those who believe the whole thing was orchestrated - another brilliant Machiavellian move by the VP."

Said another Bush associate of the rumor, "Yes. This is not good." The rumor spread so fast that some Republicans by late morning were already drawing up reasons why Rice couldn't get the job or run for president in 2008.

"Isn't she pro-choice?" asked a key Senate Republican aide. Many White House insiders, however, said the Post story and reports that the investigation was coming to a close had officials instead more focused on who would be dragged into the affair and if top aides would be indicted and forced to resign.

"Folks on the inside and near inside are holding their breath and wondering what's next," said a Bush adviser. But, he added, they aren't focused on the future of the vice president. "Not that, at least not seriously," he said.
Royal Tenenbaum is probably a spambot
Old Oct 19th, 2005, 06:40 PM       
Good luck. I suspect a terrorist attack from Iran will happen soon to wipe this all away.
Banned
Location: Illinois, Alberta, Canada, Thailand, Space, Groundling Marsh, Manhattan, Man Hat Ton
ArrowX sucks
Old Oct 19th, 2005, 07:21 PM       
Bush needs a litter of kittens. He'd be cooler if he adressed the people with a gaggle of kittens hanging off of him.

In all honesty I hope Cheney gets canned, but something will most likeley be bullshitted up and ths all diverted to the terrorists.
Mocker
KevinTheOmnivore is probably a spambot
Old Oct 20th, 2005, 09:04 AM       
Yeah, man!
Mocker
ziggytrix is probably a spambot
Old Oct 20th, 2005, 09:36 AM       
Call me a cynic, but I don't think anything can stick to this administration.