Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

ranxer is probably a spambot
Old Jun 16th, 2004, 01:42 PM        Censorship: the cornerstone of Fascism
sorry for the racey title.. it's a bit over the top, i just can't beat rayguns' titles :/

this effort (below) is worth some laughs. i should be listening to hannity/rush/savage for more laughs but i havn't this month at all.

http://www.cosmiciguana.com/archives/002430.html

REPUBLICAN STRATEGIST BEHIND EFFORTS TO INTIMIDATE THEATRE OWNERS ABOUT MICHAEL MOORE FILM

Michael Moore's Fahrenheit 9-11 is due to hit theatres on June 25th. But that hasn't stopped a campaign from being launched to intimidate theatre owners into not booking the film:

A web site has launched a campaign to deter theater owners from showing Michael Moore's film, "Fahrenheit 9-11". A list of theaters currently committed to showing the film is provided along with exhortations to call and demand that the film be dropped. Some theater owners are reporting receiving death threats.

This web site, "www.moveamericaforward.org", is actually an alias for "www.moveamericaforward.com". A DNS check reveals that "www.moveamericaforward.com" is being run by a Public Relations firm out of San Francisco: Russo Marsh & Rogers...

...Russo Marsh & Rogers is a political public relations firm with strong ties to the GOP. Sal Russo, a principle in Russo Marsh & Rogers, served as advisor for the "Recall Grey Davis" campaign...

After WRH published this info yesterday, Moveamericaforward.org changed its registration to obscure the connection:

Domain Name:MOVEAMERICAFORWARD.ORG Created On:18-Nov-2003 18:00:16 UTC Last Updated On:12-Jun-2004 22:50:51 UTC Registrant Name:Howard Kaloogian[*]

However, a quick google search shows that Kaloogian is another bigtime GOOPer, this time an actual senatorial candidate[*]. I guess they think we are pretty stupid, or that the fear factor of a Senate candidate intimidating owners is worth the possible bad press.[/url]
Mocker
ziggytrix is probably a spambot
Old Jun 16th, 2004, 05:36 PM       
I wish there were more real conservatives running the GOP.
The Center Square
Brandon is probably a spambot
Old Jun 16th, 2004, 06:30 PM       
It's not like their efforts are going to work, and people on both sides of the spectrum do this kind of shit all the time when ideas they don't like are being expressed.

How the fuck is it "fascism," though? Is the government itself actually involved?

Quote:
I wish there were more real conservatives running the GOP.
Neoconservatism is both the best AND worst thing that ever happened to the GOP.
ranxer is probably a spambot
Old Jun 16th, 2004, 06:43 PM       
its not fascism by itself but censorship of government criticism that isn't obscene by a discussable definition IS a 'cornerstone of fascism.' besides, the people involved in this particular censorship are very close to the present administration.

but, i was just being flippant, maybe i should have made the title in all caps for a better effect :/
TOP CHEF
Stabby is probably a spambot
Old Jun 16th, 2004, 07:25 PM       
Using the current definition of terrorism I believe that those people threatening theaters with harm should be charged with terrorism.

I want to see the Justice Dept pursue these people. I want to see them held without their rights in Gitzmo, beaten and raped. But I guess this is just "compassionate conservatisim".