Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

...for breakfast?!
Schimid is probably a spambot
Old Jul 31st, 2005, 05:10 AM        Earthbound
I'm surprised, I don't think there's ever been a thread about this game.

I used to think it sucked, but I've been playing it for a few days now and it's really not too bad. It's hella hard though, especially if you're planning to play without Savestates. I find myself going through areas begging for enemies not to poison me, and that's even with me playing WITH Savestates,

So far I'm at Fourside, but they told me to go dig for gold to pay off the Runaway Five. Douchebags.
Level 29 ♂
Emu is probably a real personEmu is probably a real person
Old Jul 31st, 2005, 11:03 AM       
Here's a tip: Buy a wet towel, a pizza and a Skip Sandwich and save them. You'll need them later. ;<
No sir, I don't like it
DeadKennedys is probably a spambot
Old Jul 31st, 2005, 11:24 AM       
It's my favorite game of all time. I'm playing it right now

-Sethomas, Cunning Linguist
xXxASPERGERSxXx
CaptainBubba is probably a spambot
Old Jul 31st, 2005, 12:49 PM       
About every 6 months or so someone makes an Earthbound thread. Half of the board loves it and the other half thinks its over-rated.

It was my first rpg and im batshit crazy for the game personally.
Mocker

Helm is probably a spambot
Old Jul 31st, 2005, 01:58 PM       
I just could never get into it. I must have started playing 3 times or so. My interest in the japanese rpg genre is limited though.
Xenogil is probably a spambot
Old Jul 31st, 2005, 10:58 PM       
Nintendo was going to make a Mother 3 for the 64, but they scrapped it. Bastards.
BOO! A SPOOPY GHOST :x
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Aug 1st, 2005, 02:23 AM       
This is my favorite fucking game ever. I always get in the mood to play it around December, so I'll be ready to bump this thread in four months.

TomWritesAboutStuff.com - The #1 Worst Blog
...for breakfast?!
Old Aug 1st, 2005, 04:10 AM       
Just beat it. The ending is pretty incredible.

- This kind of makes me want to learn to use Ness in SSB. My main guy has always been Luigi, but after this, I might make a change. I also got to thinking that Jeff should be in the next SSB, what with all his different weapons and whatnot.

- Lumine Wall was the best moment in the entire game. For real. I kinda do wish I had the scratch-n-sniff stickers so I could experience it more, but, what're you gonna do.

- I saw a guy with a small Giygas tattoo on his upper back once. I didn't know it at the time, but when he aligned in the game, I saw it perfectly. It got me to thinking that Starman would be a killer tattoo too.

- All in all, it was really good. Still not my favorite game of all time (silent hill 2 is way hard to beat), but up in the top 10 or 15 I think.
Mocker

Helm is probably a spambot
Old Aug 1st, 2005, 06:27 AM       
if Silent Hill 2 is your favourite game of all time, you know you've missed 15 years of vital video gaming experience.
No sir, I don't like it
DeadKennedys is probably a spambot
Old Aug 1st, 2005, 09:48 AM       
You don't want to have those scratch and sniff stickers. I had them and they smell like a combination of broccoli and gym rags. All of them.

I re-rented this game every week from blockbuster after I took it back, and since I was the only one renting it they decided to give it to me for 5 bucks, with the big box and strategy guide! A few years back I found a copy with the big box at my gamestop for a similar price and bought it, intending to sell it for MILLIONS! Alas, I couldn't even let go of that copy, so I have two

-Sethomas, Cunning Linguist
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Aug 1st, 2005, 02:02 PM       
Earthbound is on my list of "Most Overrated games EVER." Because it's a crappy menu-based RPG.
Mocker
EverythingWillSuck is probably a spambot
Old Aug 1st, 2005, 03:40 PM       
I had those stickers, half of them smelled the same. :/

I always hated going up against Master Barf whenever I played it. That fucker took some damage.
Asspunch McGruf
Skulhedface is probably a spambot
Old Aug 1st, 2005, 07:27 PM       
Since everyone's played this apparently, SPOILER TAGS are unnecessary.

The only thing I hated about this game was before the Master Barf part, waiting in the waterfall for three minutes. Thank god for emulators and frame skipping/fast forwarding functions.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Aug 1st, 2005, 08:20 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guitar Woman
Earthbound is on my list of "games that suck horribly but are ok sometimes." Because it is ok sometimes.
Fuck you. It's always amazing.

I think I've made one or two threads about this game already but that's cause it's in my top 5 or so. Definitely one of the coolest games ever :O

Favorite part is where that guy warns you about Pokey taking a shit over by a tree.

That was very funny. Well done.
Esuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contestEsuohlim won the popularity contest
Old Aug 2nd, 2005, 12:00 AM       
Earthbound is all kinds of awesome. No conventional medieval shit like every other RPG I've ever played like potions and swords.

xXxASPERGERSxXx
CaptainBubba is probably a spambot
Old Aug 2nd, 2005, 01:30 AM       
Because changing it to "Bats" and "Cookies" makes it creative. ;p

I like Earthbound because it was funny and interesting. Earthbound had surroundings that were pretty to look at, good music, it was humorous, and the characters, as ridiculous as they were, were actually believable and better developed than all but the 99% percentile of RPG generic theif/warriors. It and Chrono Trigger are the best things to happen to SNES
Old Aug 2nd, 2005, 02:12 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainBubba
Because changing it to "Bats" and "Cookies" makes it creative. ;p
Yeah, well my point was that I wasn't running around castles and talking to kings and sleeping in inns and getting past knights, and none of the characters were wearing old-fashioned robes and shit and had names like "Nurei" or "Palom" or "Kienshisuki" like every other RPG I've ever played, but I haven't played that many so

Plus, the game was bright and cartoony and not old-fashioned looking itself either. And it was hilarious, and not in a gay anime way.

The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Aug 2nd, 2005, 05:17 AM       
Yeah, it's quirky sense of humour and graphics and pretty much everything about it is so different from every other rpg I've played. I still like the medieval themed ones and everything...but the fact that it's somewhat more realistic and modern than those other games is cool.

Slim Goodbody
Supafly345 is probably a real personSupafly345 is probably a real person
Old Aug 2nd, 2005, 08:03 AM       
I don't know as far as the humor guys... I mean it was good simply to make the game light-hearted, but essentially it was only funny because you were playing a game with lego people. I do prefer the goofy situational humor this game has to other games where the translators decided that having a ninja say "CRAP! Pardon my french." was funnier than "Me not able to fix castle sir!"
Old Aug 3rd, 2005, 01:32 PM       
I liked the "Happy-Happyists" cult that wanted to make everything blue.

BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Aug 3rd, 2005, 08:55 PM       
I don't know if anybody mentioned this, but if you buy a bunch of eggs from the mall place in fourside( i think) they'll hatch and turn into chicks eventually, then chickens, if you sell them after that they'll be worth like 20x as much as you paid for the eggs.
The Wolf
Old Aug 3rd, 2005, 10:46 PM       
Yeah, and I'm pretty sure you can steal em from the happy-happy village, THUS MAKING YOU A FORTUNE IF YOU HAVE THE TIME AND PATIENCE :o

BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Aug 4th, 2005, 01:29 PM       
:D I just go level up with an inventory full of eggs. I might actually go play it, but I'm so obsessed with PSX emulation right now I've been rehooked on vagrant story.
I wish i could find legend of mana online, despite how much i hate some things about that game, I love it.
...for breakfast?!
Old Aug 4th, 2005, 06:56 PM       
Money was never a problem for me. I think I finished the game with around 270,650 in the bank and 27,000 on-hand. I thought that was the whole point of the game, that it gave you enough money to do whatever you wanted.

Your dad is a billionaire in this game, I swear.
Lord Felch Demon
Ninjavenom is probably a spambot
Old Aug 4th, 2005, 08:59 PM       
I used to rent this game all the time, until some faggot inside one of the stores in Threep boxed me in so i couldn't move.