Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Ronnie Raygun is probably a spambot
Old Sep 7th, 2004, 02:14 PM        HAHAHAHA!!!!
http://www.drudgereport.com/dncg.htm

XXXXX DRUDGE REPORT XXXXX TUE SEPT 07, 2004 11:46:05 ET XXXXX

KERRY COSPONSORED BILL BANNING GUN HE WAVES

Was Dem presidential hopeful John Kerry seen this weekend waving a gun which would have been banned if legislation he co-sponsored became law?

Kerry co-sponsored S. 1431 last year (“The Assault Weapons Ban and Law Enforcement Protection Act of 2003) which would have banned a "semiautomatic shotgun that has a pistol grip.”

Opponents of the bill successfully argued how nearly all guns have "pistol grips," inluding millions of Browning Auto-5 shotguns produced since 1903.

Photos show Kerry's hand resting on the "pistol grip," as loosely defined in the bill. [Section SEC. 2; (H) (ii) and (b)(42): "The term 'pistol grip' means a grip, a thumbhole stock, or any other characteristic that can function as a grip."]

Kerry was presented with the semiautomatic shotgun during a Labor Day stop in Racine, West Virginia.

"I thank you for the gift, but I can't take it to the debate with me," Kerry told a cheering crowd as he held up the device.

But Kerry's gun bill would have also banned any "gift" transaction!

[It is not clear if Kerry completed the required paperwork (Form 4473) before he claimed the gun.]

Developing...

-----------------------------------------------------------
Filed By Matt Drudge
Reports are moved when circumstances warrant
http://www.drudgereport.com for updates
(c)DRUDGE REPORT 2004
Not for reproduction without permission of the author
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Sep 7th, 2004, 02:52 PM       
That's almost as funny and embarassing as that time where W didn't know what sovereighnity was.

Or that time he rode around in a campaign bus with "America Yes we can!" that was built in Canada.

Or that time he landed on an aircraft carrier and they had to turn the whole thing around so you couldn't see it was nowhere near Iraq.

Or that time he held up a whole turkey for the camera's that thanksgiving but it turned out it was a centerpiece and not even remotely like the meal his soldiers were getting.

Or that time our whole country got attacked and he just sat there for seven minutes with a kids book in his hands.

Or that time he said his administration said they had no connection at all with Swift Boat Veterans for Truth, except it turned out they had the same lawyer.

Or that time he said he barely knew Ken Lay even though Ken Lat was the single biggest individual donnor to his campaign.

Or that time he told the press they'd found the weapons of mass destruction when they hadn't.

Or that time he held a rally with an 'ask George Bush' theme, but the only people allowed in had to sign a paper that said they were George Bush Supporters.

Or that time when he said he was against legacy as a factor for college admission, even though the only reason he got into Yale was because he was a legacy.

Or that time he said America was safer. That was the funniest one I think.

One thing people running for President are sure to provide is kind of painful yocks when they do stupid, boneheaded shit that makes you cringe, like waving an assault weapon or dragging a whole country into a war on false pretenses or governing like you have a sweping mandate when you lost the popular election or whining like an underdog when your party controls the house, the senate, the presidency and the Supreme court. The antics of politicians are even funnier than when a mud slinging scumbag hack accuses a presidential candidate of having an affair with an intern when he has no evidence at all.
Mocker
KevinTheOmnivore is probably a spambot
Old Sep 7th, 2004, 03:58 PM       
i personally think the new Rasmussen poll is hysterical.....
hawaiian mage is probably a spambot
Old Sep 7th, 2004, 06:39 PM       
So what was Kerry supposed to do? So "No, I hate your gift. Take it back"?
GO AWAY DONT POST HERE

davinxtk is probably a spambot
Old Sep 7th, 2004, 07:13 PM       
No, in fact, he was supposed to load it and open fire on the crowd.

He's not on my Christmas list anymore.
(1:02:34 AM): and i think i may have gone a little too far and let her know that i actually do hate her, on some level, just because she's female
(1:03:33 AM): and now she's being all kinds of sensitive about it
(1:03:53 AM): i hate women

FS is probably a spambot
Old Sep 8th, 2004, 05:33 AM       
He politely, politically declined. It's really sad how people spin things around to make a presidential candidate look bad.
Ronnie Raygun is probably a spambot
Old Sep 8th, 2004, 10:27 AM       
Here is more.....

Keep in mind that it's not Bush who is saying it even though Kerry would have you believe it.

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/040907/n...html?printer=1

National Shooting Sports Foundation: Kerry Accepts Shotgun He Would Ban as 'Assault Weapon'
Tuesday September 7, 5:00 pm ET

RACINE, W.Va., Sept. 7 /PRNewswire/ -- The following is a press release regarding the Remington model 11-87 shotgun that Sen. John Kerry recently accepted:
At a Labor Day campaign rally yesterday, Sen. John Kerry accepted an ironic gift from a labor union representative. The gift, a Remington model 11-87 shotgun commonly used in hunting and recreational shooting enjoyed by millions of Americans, would be banned as an "assault weapon" under a bill that Kerry is co-sponsoring.

"The semi-automatic shotgun that Kerry accepted is one that he'd like to ban under his bill known as 'The Assault Weapons Ban and Law Enforcement Protection Act of 2003 (S. 1431).' Kerry tells union workers that he's a hunter, but the truth is he would ban their shotguns," said Lawrence G. Keane, senior vice president and general counsel of the National Shooting Sports Foundation (NSSF).

Keane said several sportsmen's groups have pointed out that Kerry's effort to cast himself as an avid hunter do not square with his anti-gun votes as a U.S. senator. In various photos Kerry appears unaware of proper firearms handling. The Hunting and Shooting Sports Heritage Fund is advertising in national sportsmen magazines and on the Web site, http://www.voteyoursport.com, to illustrate these points.

Kerry was given the shotgun by Cecil Roberts of the United Mine Workers of America. The union represents workers at a Remington factory in Ilion, New York. Last year the union urged Kerry to support a bill to end frivolous lawsuits against firearms makers (S. 659). The suits threaten manufacturing jobs. However, Kerry voted against the bill.

Remington President Tommy Milner said, "Rest assured, Remington was neither aware of this presentation in advance nor in any way supportive of its intent to support Senator Kerry's candidacy. In fact, the company remains amused by ongoing photos of Senator Kerry shooting without either ear or eye protection while discharging a firearm."

The National Shooting Sports Foundation is the trade association for the companies and businesses that make and sell firearms, ammunition and other products for the 40 million Americans who responsibly hunt and enjoy recreational shooting. Learn more at http://www.nssf.org.

An article on the Drudge Report Web site, http://www.drudgereport.com/dncg.htm, points out the irony of Kerry accepting the shotgun gift given the legislation that he supported.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Source: The National Shooting Sports Foundation
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Sep 8th, 2004, 10:30 AM       
Get any overtime pay last paycheck?
Supa Soviet Missil Mastar
Zhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's armyZhukov has joined BAPE's army
Old Sep 8th, 2004, 10:31 AM       
Clearly this Kerry person is unfit to rule.

Anonymous is probably a spambot
Old Sep 8th, 2004, 10:36 AM       
I think the real story here is that Kerry is firing guns without proper ear/eye protection. As a veteran, he should really know better than that.