Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Resident Lurker
DuFresne is probably a spambot
Old Sep 10th, 2006, 11:46 PM        Halo 2 help
As a long-time PS2 owner, I never really got to play any halo very much. Well, now I'm in college living in a suite, and one of my suitemates put his Xbox and big ol' TV in the living room. I'm glad to say that I don't totally suck balls at halo multiplayer (I'm mediocre), but I'd like to get better, and I know Andrew (the Xbox owner) isn't gonna give me any pointers. Anybody got any little tricks or techniques that'll help me out?

One problem I know I'm having is getting used to the Xbox controller. The sticks have more resistance than a PS2 controller, and it seems like by the time I've applied enough force to move the stick at all, it loses all that initial resistance and flies straight to the edge, leaving little ability for articulation. Any suggestions?

Gorlack the Destroyer is probably a spambot
Old Sep 10th, 2006, 11:49 PM       
break your friend's controller.
Keep up the good work, guys.
Marc Summers is probably a spambot
Old Sep 11th, 2006, 12:45 AM       
Break your FRIEND

It'll be a while before you get a serious answer :/
Resident Lurker
Old Sep 11th, 2006, 12:47 AM       
You mean these aren't serious answers? Shit, where's the glue...

Banned
Location: Illinois, Alberta, Canada, Thailand, Space, Groundling Marsh, Manhattan, Man Hat Ton
ArrowX sucks
Old Sep 11th, 2006, 09:16 AM       
If you want to get god wiht the Xbox Controller, just play more, eventually you'll be able to use the controller no problem, to get used to the analog sticks try using the sniper rifle or particle gun as much as possible as they require the most amount of care while aiming, due to the fact that they don't have a disgustingly large crosshair.

Also GO FOR THE FUCKING BEATDOWN, 2 hits and you have a kill, just rush some prick form the side with an SMG, empty a mag into him and smack him in his face.
zoom
eggyolk is probably a spambot
Old Sep 11th, 2006, 04:37 PM       
duck a lot and jump around rocks and shit, throw grenades like a machine, and dont use the sniper rifle if you suck at aiming
Mocker
zeldasbiggestfan suckszeldasbiggestfan sucks
Old Sep 12th, 2006, 01:44 AM       
I fucking hate Halo2. BUT. I can help. If you have huge fuckin hands (like me) then use the big controller (the "ghetto" ones that are like 5 bucks used) Then try out a smaller one and shits alot easier. Except the black and white buttons are switched. Or is it some other buttons? I dunno, but I use the big ass controller and I whup ass.
Resident Lurker
Old Sep 12th, 2006, 08:05 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeldasbiggestfan
I fucking hate Halo2.
Yeah, I think the multiplayer kind of missed mark a little bit. Way not frantic enough! Unreal Tournament (and probably Quake 3, though I haven't played it) is definately more fun.

Banned
Location: Illinois, Alberta, Canada, Thailand, Space, Groundling Marsh, Manhattan, Man Hat Ton
ArrowX sucks
Old Sep 12th, 2006, 09:17 AM       
The Multiplayer gets VERY frantic after you stop playing with the people who suck i.e. anyone higher than rank 25 after that the multiplayer gets very crazy.

I stand by my earlier statement, whore the Sniper Rifle for as long as possible, if you can get really great wiht the sniper rifles you pretty much win.

My friends little Bro had a score of 117 kills to 40 deaths once in BTB Skirmish, with King of the Hill Rockets on Midship. He had like 5 kill frenzys
Resident Lurker
Old Sep 12th, 2006, 12:19 PM       
What I was saying is that there's just something about the speed of movement in Halo that makes it kind of draggy for multiplayer (it makes for great singleplayer IMO, though). Compared to Unreal Tournament, it feels like Master Chief is tryng to defend himself while dragging a broken leg.

Puddle Pirate! ARRRR!
DamnthatDavid is probably a spambot
Old Sep 12th, 2006, 01:12 PM       
Don't play the Battlefield games for the PC then. God damn Unreal Junkies, think everything has to fly at the speed of light. No strategy at all.

Oh, and play on elite and find the hidden skulls. Cookies.

One makes all grunts explode like plasma grenades when you shoot them.
DON'T F WITH ME
HickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty ok
Old Sep 12th, 2006, 02:49 PM       
An evil little trick is the charged plasma pistol and switching quickly to the battle rifle. It makes people mad, but a kill's a kill.
Banned
ArrowX sucks
Old Sep 12th, 2006, 03:45 PM       
Yeah the so called n00b combo, I used to get pissed by it but I've since learned its increadibly demoralising to dodge their plasma shot then punch them in their faces and teabag their corpse. In "combo Training mode" just go for plasma punchouts.

Also A great Gametype is "tower of power"

Shotguns, no weapons on map, Team Deathmatch on ascension, human turrets must be turned on, as must be double damage. 4 teams as large as possible, and whoever can control the tower with the turret and get most kills wins after 6 minutes.
taco loving zombie
darkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty okdarkvare is probably pretty ok
Old Sep 14th, 2006, 09:29 AM        Re: Halo 2 help
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuFresne
As a long-time PS2 owner, I never really got to play any halo very much. Well, now I'm in college living in a suite, and one of my suitemates put his Xbox and big ol' TV in the living room. I'm glad to say that I don't totally suck balls at halo multiplayer (I'm mediocre), but I'd like to get better, and I know Andrew (the Xbox owner) isn't gonna give me any pointers. Anybody got any little tricks or techniques that'll help me out?

One problem I know I'm having is getting used to the Xbox controller. The sticks have more resistance than a PS2 controller, and it seems like by the time I've applied enough force to move the stick at all, it loses all that initial resistance and flies straight to the edge, leaving little ability for articulation. Any suggestions?
i have one play ninja gaiden. i know it sounds weird but the constant need for speed will really improve the way you fell with the controler.

SANTO el enmascarado de plata

Shifty is probably a spambot
Old Sep 15th, 2006, 01:52 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by StupidKraut
If you want to get god wiht the Xbox Controller, just play more, eventually you'll be able to use the controller no problem, to get used to the analog sticks try using the sniper rifle or particle gun as much as possible as they require the most amount of care while aiming, due to the fact that they don't have a disgustingly large crosshair.

Also GO FOR THE FUCKING BEATDOWN, 2 hits and you have a kill, just rush some prick form the side with an SMG, empty a mag into him and smack him in his face.

hehe sniper pwns. fucking majorities.

Cliff burton Gotta love the best metal bassist to get crushed by a bus.