Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

ˇOlé!
xbxDaniel is probably a spambot
Old Jan 15th, 2006, 09:35 PM        Resident Evil
I've looked on every page for a generic Resident Evil topic, and the closest one was about guys complaining over the setting.

I actually like the series and how it's presented. Just list some of the pros and cons about the series if you feel like it. If you just want to complain about the game, go for it.

I like that it's not some magical wizardry or anything like that. All the games are made with some sense of reality in mind i.e. the virus and the parasites in RE4. I like that you get to see different perspectives during the epidemic through the games. I liked how you could learn of the origin of the T-virus and all that plot information.
Gameplay has (usually) been better with each successive game. I like the different characters, but would've liked to have some lean towards some special skill more so then what was given. (Jill can lockpick like no one's business), I also like that Leon acts like the specially trained Agent that he is.

Most of all I like that RE4 took the game out of Racoon City and that --Spolier-- that Umbrella went down.

What I hate: The camera in the first 4.
That the civilians could shoot as well as the trained officers.
That you rarely meet other people that can help you.
The multiple endings that made sure I played the game.
No video replays for the cinematics.
IWORKFORTHEMAN:MAN
Misdemonar is probably a spambot
Old Jan 15th, 2006, 09:38 PM        Re: Resident Evil
--Spolier-- that Umbrella went down.

you don't know sequals...
ˇOlé!
Old Jan 15th, 2006, 09:41 PM        Re: Resident Evil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misdemonar
--Spolier-- that Umbrella went down.

you don't know sequals...
I've played from 1 to 0 and started on 4. The corporation can't really operate now. Yeah, there's the antartica stuff though too, but the original viruses seem like they're done with. Unless Wesker managed to get them to his boss. They're so many what-ifs.
Lord Felch Demon
Ninjavenom is probably a spambot
Old Jan 15th, 2006, 10:50 PM       
Wesker is restaring Umbrella with the Las Plagas. See the end of Operation: Ada.
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Jan 15th, 2006, 11:39 PM       
Guitar woman mentioned this in my RE4 thread, but I couldn't remember what the final word was:

I never played the first RE, but I was pretty sure that Wesker was in that one, and got himself killed by the tyrant; that he revealed himself as a bad guy, and then later got a tentacle through the face, or some such business. Wasn't that him, or was it somebody else?

Also, on a somewhat related note, I would've liked it if one of the bonus features of RE4 was the chance to play through as Jack Krauser. Never mind how the story would've worked, and all that. It just might have been nifty.
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Jan 15th, 2006, 11:54 PM       
yeah, wesker got killed by the tyrant, and then came back mysteriously in code veronica. and ada wong got shot and fell off a very high place but came back (in the same way?) in RE4.
Banned
Location: Illinois, Alberta, Canada, Thailand, Space, Groundling Marsh, Manhattan, Man Hat Ton
ArrowX sucks
Old Jan 16th, 2006, 12:56 AM       
If you count the books Umbrella "saved him" from death. Also in Dead aim (and in Operation :HUNK) they reveal the G-Virus is loose in an un controlled environment.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Jan 16th, 2006, 07:55 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by executioneer
yeah, wesker got killed by the tyrant, and then came back mysteriously in code veronica. and ada wong got shot and fell off a very high place but came back (in the same way?) in RE4.
Yeah, but after she "died" in RE2, didn't she come back near the end? When you kill Mr.X? Pretty sure I remember her tossin' a rocket launcher to me near that part

That was very funny. Well done.
ˇOlé!
Old Jan 16th, 2006, 08:58 AM       
Yeah she does, and in Code Veronica X Wesker is trying to get the virus back now for Umbrella who saves him using the G-virus (I think). I also haven't finished RE4 yet. Just got it.
IWORKFORTHEMAN:MAN
Misdemonar is probably a spambot
Old Jan 16th, 2006, 03:50 PM       
Resident Evil: Gaiden X 4 Veronica Online

This game is so crappy you'll beg to be outside. the camrea angles? there is no camera here! backrounds? only drawn on paper retard! guns? there is only a plastic ninja sowrd and a bb pistol!
Lycurgus1985 is probably a spambot
Old Jan 16th, 2006, 03:58 PM       
I like the series but I must say that I really hate the fact that you can't blow through a wooden door when you have enough ammo to take out the army itself. So in order to get into that room, you have to bend over backwards to complete some menial chores in order to get the key to advance further. It's very annoying. I'm just glad Resident Evil 4 ditched this mechanic.
Royal Tenenbaum is probably a spambot
Old Jan 16th, 2006, 07:05 PM       
Other than RE4 the controls for the games simply suck. The rotation is painful. I think 4 has to be one of the best games ever made, but the others are really hurt by the shitty control. I never understood why they couldn't have used more of a MGS (original) style control for the games. They would have been way better.
Funky Dynamite
Dr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty okDr. Boogie is probably pretty ok
Old Jan 16th, 2006, 07:23 PM       
But it has basically the same tank controls as the previous installments. You still can't strafe, and the only thing that counteracts the rotation is the quick turnaround. The only thing that's really different with the controls is the aiming and the knife.
The Wolf
Zomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contestZomboid won the popularity contest
Old Jan 16th, 2006, 09:20 PM       
Yeah, I was playing re4 again today and I noticed that too. It must just feel that much better initially, but there was a few times where I was swarmed by ganados and I turn too fucking slow to really get away unless I blast em with the shotgun.

That was very funny. Well done.
ˇOlé!
Old Jan 16th, 2006, 09:48 PM       
I made it to this one part where there's a giant flaming pit and two Gigantes come down. Before they came down I flipped the switch once (not knowing what it did) and it jammed after the time I actually used it to kill one of the bastards. I wasted everyshot in my shotgun and pistol, then I remembered how well the flash grenades work. The quick-timing action sequences are fun too, but strafing would be nice in any of the games.
Old Jan 16th, 2006, 09:49 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zomboid
Yeah, I was playing re4 again today and I noticed that too. It must just feel that much better initially, but there was a few times where I was swarmed by ganados and I turn too fucking slow to really get away unless I blast em with the shotgun.
Just wait until you get to Section 3-1 in the game, when you not only have to protect Ashley from getting kidnapped while she turns cranks but also yourself. Most annoying section of the game ever.
God Emperor of Brigadoon

King Hadas is probably pretty okKing Hadas is probably pretty okKing Hadas is probably pretty ok
Old Jan 16th, 2006, 10:16 PM       
I was genuinly suprised that nemesis wasn't a playable character during Mercenary, by the way, who is Hunk?
Old Jan 16th, 2006, 10:19 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Hadas
I was genuinly suprised that nemesis wasn't a playable character during Mercenary, by the way, who is Hunk?
Hunk was one of the special tactics mercenaries from Umbrella sent in to retreive the G-virus sample from William Birkin.
Funky Dynamite
Old Jan 16th, 2006, 11:01 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycurgus1985
Just wait until you get to Section 3-1 in the game, when you not only have to protect Ashley from getting kidnapped while she turns cranks but also yourself. Most annoying section of the game ever.
He's beaten the game already.

And you don't have to make her turn the crank under fire. You can just find a shady spot, like the room with the two pressure plates, and waste the monks as they come through the doorway and drop from the hole in the ceiling. It takes a while, but I prefer this method.
Banned
Location: Illinois, Alberta, Canada, Thailand, Space, Groundling Marsh, Manhattan, Man Hat Ton
ArrowX sucks
Old Jan 16th, 2006, 11:48 PM       
I still get goosebumps in the sequence when you first meet Krauser. It was so fucking awesome. I genuineley belive that RE4 is the funest game on earth, even the cutscenes are fun!
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Jan 17th, 2006, 07:21 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Boogie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycurgus1985
He's beaten the game already.

And you don't have to make her turn the crank under fire. You can just find a shady spot, like the room with the two pressure plates, and waste the monks as they come through the doorway and drop from the hole in the ceiling. It takes a while, but I prefer this method.
no the part right after that where you have to boost her up on your shoulders
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Jan 17th, 2006, 11:21 AM       
How come all the zombies are gonna be naked in the DS remake?
Drugs+drugs+rock+roll
Guitar Woman is probably a real personGuitar Woman is probably a real person
Old Jan 17th, 2006, 11:22 AM       
And how come Capcom is putting RE1 on the DS, which will suck horribly compared to their masterful remake on the Gamecube?
Level 29 ♂
Emu is probably a real personEmu is probably a real person
Old Jan 17th, 2006, 01:23 PM       
Because the DS is such a popular system.

Seriously though Capcom has been making awful choices for a good four years now. I'm sure you've seen those little chibi anime Megaman travesties.
Whiter than Alabaster
the_dudefather is probably a spambot
Old Jan 17th, 2006, 02:23 PM       
am i the only one not excited about resident evil ds? its pretty cool, resident evil on ds, but i seriuosly couldnt be bothered playing ANOTHER version of resident evil 1, unless it was totaly revamped so it was as good as RE4.