Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

View Poll Results: which is worse?
corporate crime 2 33.33%
violent crime 4 66.67%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

ranxer is probably a spambot
Old Sep 11th, 2003, 01:24 PM        Rich get richer.. poor get prison
I am in complete agreement with Jef Reiman author of the Rich get richer and the poor get prison.. http://enotalone.com/books/ASIN/0205386644.html

his thesis on corporate crime vs violent crime challenges the reader to understand that corporate crime is just as bad or worse than violent crime but is not treated nearly the same.

comparing specifically the acts of violent crime that are mostly not premeditated acts... acts that are mostly of passion out of extreem frustration/anger or jealousy..

corporate crime on the other hand are decisions that are not made in the heat of the moment.. on the contrary they are cold calculated decisions that are known to cause harm like cutting safety standards for workers.. or cutting health coverage etc. the corporate criminals KNOW that they will be harming people and deliberatly stifle investigation and statistical studies.. and forcing workers to sign releases of corporate responsibility. folks who need to pay the bills have very little power of choice in a market where jobs are ever harder to get.
corporate crime in my opinion is around 90% premeditated, 90% ignored and swept under the carpet.. not only that we accept corporate lies on a daily basis.. from advertising to signing on the dotted line without reading the fine print .. just hoping we dont get screwed as a client or customer.