Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

NightOfTheLivingDon is probably a spambot
Old Dec 29th, 2006, 04:04 PM        Designer deformities for kids. I had to see it to believe it
http://www.nypost.com/seven/12222006...ndy_geller.htm

I usually don't read the Post, it's two pegs above Weekly World News, but they surprise you every once and awhile. This was the best article on the subject I found.

Yeah, so, this is quite possibly the most disgusting thing I've ever read about. It seems as if these parents are just bitter about the hand that they've been dealt and want to exact a form of revenge on their unborn children. Just fucking wonderful! These are some screwy dwarves. Don't dwarves have a shorter life span, too? I also love how the term was coined by deaf psychotherapist lesbians.

Quote:
Cara Reynolds of Collingswood, N.J., who considered embryo screening but now plans to adopt a dwarf baby, is outraged by the criticism.
“You cannot tell me that I cannot have a child who’s going to look like me,” Reynolds said. “It’s just unbelievably presumptuous and they’re playing God.”
I think these two have been eating too many wild mushrooms growing in the depths of Khazad-dum.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Dec 29th, 2006, 04:17 PM       
lol crazy. What the hell did she say they are presumptious and playing god for? Isn't she the one who wanted to have an operation to make the kind of baby she wanted?
OH GOD
executioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contestexecutioneer won the popularity contest
Old Dec 29th, 2006, 07:11 PM       
uh, yeah, wouldn't that be GOD playing god?
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Dec 29th, 2006, 08:30 PM       
exactly. What a dumbass.
Banned
Location: Illinois, Alberta, Canada, Thailand, Space, Groundling Marsh, Manhattan, Man Hat Ton
ArrowX sucks
Old Dec 29th, 2006, 11:34 PM       
So are we trying to taint the genepool on purpose?
BANNED

Old Dec 29th, 2006, 11:37 PM       
lol.

i don't know. I didn't know there was legal culpability for stuff like this at all. If it's legal I don't see any difference between that and being able to specially design your child: Blonde hair, tall, smart no diseases whatever. Of course they could maybe do it to eliminate hereditary diseases? it's expensive though ;/ but really what's the difference between doing this and designing the perfect people like in that one movie i cant remember the name of but it had a biology gene related name of somekind.
Banned
Location: Illinois, Alberta, Canada, Thailand, Space, Groundling Marsh, Manhattan, Man Hat Ton
ArrowX sucks
Old Dec 29th, 2006, 11:44 PM       
gattaca?
BANNED

Old Dec 30th, 2006, 12:06 AM       
That's the one!
=======

Preechr is probably a spambot
Old Dec 30th, 2006, 08:52 AM       
Freakin FINALLY!

Now I can achieve my dream of making these guys to follow me around, and they can be my children, to boot!

How can someone who obviously thinks so much of their ideas have so little respect for expressing them? How can someone who so yearns to be taken seriously make so little effort?!
Mocker
zeldasbiggestfan suckszeldasbiggestfan sucks
Old Dec 30th, 2006, 12:25 PM       
They also switch shit around in peoples heads so they dont remember traumatizing events. Assholes.
adept_ninja is probably a spambot
Old Dec 30th, 2006, 01:16 PM       
how completely irrelevant to this conversation
Whiter than Alabaster
the_dudefather is probably a spambot
Old Dec 30th, 2006, 01:30 PM       
wow, hope the kid isn't pissed later in life when he learns that his shortness was forced upon him intentionally

"coming up next on Trisha, 'my mum made me a midget'"