Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Gaming 'n Toys
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Mocker

James sucks
Old Mar 4th, 2005, 04:02 PM        ICO
This game rocks. I regret not playing it sooner (it was a PS2 launch title), but on the other hand, I bought it for $7.50 brand new instead of $50. I'm about a third of the way through so far, and I love it.

My only complaint is that the combat, while sparse, can detract from the game. It's one of the most solid and well-thought out adventure games, and you could just enjoy running around and exploring and solving puzzles, without having to worry about fighting off demons. But as I said, the combat is sparse and simple, so it's a puzzle in itself. Just sometimes, it breaks up the experience of wandering around and figuring out what to do next.

So far, all the puzzles have been pretty logical, too. If you're stuck, looking around will usually uncover something that you'll think to try. That's not to say it's easy, but just that the puzzles are reasonably incorporated into the castle's design, as opposed to other adventure games with ridiculous layouts and solutions, and require use of a walkthrough. Also, wandering through the castle (so far), is fairly linear. This means that you don't end up getting lost, or having to backtrack to do something you didn't know to many rooms before. You just focus on the area you're in, and how you get to the next area.

If you haven't played it, I'd highly suggest you try and track down a copy. It's relatively cheap now, but it's rare. Worse comes to worse, DEFINITELY pick up the unofficial sequel this fall, Wanda and the Colossus.
Now with less sodium!

Immortal Goat is probably a spambot
Old Mar 5th, 2005, 01:30 AM       
No one I know wanted to believe me about this game. Thank you for proving that I am not the only one who thinks this. One of the most glorious gaming experiences was figuring out how to beat a puzzle only to find that you have another even harder one to beat. And then, there's the end. . That's all I have to say about the end.
Mocker

James sucks
Old Mar 5th, 2005, 09:27 PM       
Ico is kind of like Myst. Tell your friends that.
Now with less sodium!

Immortal Goat is probably a spambot
Old Mar 10th, 2005, 07:44 PM       
They hate MYST, too.
DON'T F WITH ME
HickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty okHickMan is probably pretty ok
Old Mar 10th, 2005, 08:18 PM       
I liked watching the cinematics. It's not my type of game, though. Really beautiful.
Mocker
EverythingWillSuck is probably a spambot
Old Mar 15th, 2005, 04:36 PM        Re: ICO
Quote:
Originally Posted by James
This game rocks. I regret not playing it sooner (it was a PS2 launch title),
Nah, released a year later.

I couldn't get into the game. Good looking, good idea, didn't really like it. I hope the sequel/prequel/whatever is better though.