Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Jun 30th, 2003, 11:12 AM       
And when a prisoner goes before the parole board and fails to show he has reformed, the guards take him bck to his cell, and as opposed to leaving him there to continue his sentence, they drop bombs on him, kill a lot of his cellmates, lose track of him entirely and claim justice has been served. Right?
Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old Jun 30th, 2003, 11:21 AM       
Quote:
Its like a convict who wants to be released. He was busted for the crime and is doing his sentence. He has to go before the parole board and convince them he is ready to rejoin society. He then has to meet with a parole officer regularly to prove he has a job and other things that prove he is a contributing member of society.
Yeah, but you don't go and blow up the parolee's house, family, neighbourhood or city when he misses court date, do you?

You can't use an analogy for an individual and apply it to an entire country, as it's quite apparent that Saddam isn't the only "guilty" one if attacks on U.S. soldiers have continued to this day.
Mocker
El Blanco is probably a spambot
Old Jun 30th, 2003, 11:29 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dole
'We busted him. We royally spanked him' -which is why you had to go back 12 years later, him having remained in power in the intervening years, yes?
Because people were crying for us to leave. You really think he would have stood a chance? Us leaving was little more than a PR move before an election year.
Mocker
El Blanco is probably a spambot
Old Jun 30th, 2003, 11:34 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by mburbank
And when a prisoner goes before the parole board and fails to show he has reformed, the guards take him bck to his cell, and as opposed to leaving him there to continue his sentence, they drop bombs on him, kill a lot of his cellmates, lose track of him entirely and claim justice has been served. Right?
Whats your point? We dropped the ball 12 years ago and we are trying to correct said mistake.

and have we stopped looking for him?

Quote:
Yeah, but you don't go and blow up the parolee's house, family, neighbourhood or city when he misses court date, do you?
Depends on what state you live in.

Quote:
You can't use an analogy for an individual and apply it to an entire country, as it's quite apparent that Saddam isn't the only "guilty" one if attacks on U.S. soldiers have continued to this day.
You're right. Because this particular individual was in charge of an entire country and still has military forces active in the area.

And, yes, he had a whole regime, and there are a few people who either don't like change or saw a chance to grab at power with Hussien's overthrow.