Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Oct 4th, 2004, 10:12 AM        FOR NALDO:
Nalds, As a felllow non believer in polls, I thought you'd want to know that Bush and Kerry are once again neck and neck .

Now, maybe it's just me, but I have a really hard time thinking of any deffinition of 'toast' that would result in Neck and Neck polls even for those of us, like you and me, who don't think they have any meaning at all.

For those of you who are not Naldo, you can use this thread to predict what appalling, uncontionable, dirty trick the Bush administration will resort to as panic sets in.
Level 29 ♂
Emu is probably a real personEmu is probably a real person
Old Oct 4th, 2004, 12:17 PM       
Baby bones slathered in barbecue sauce found in Kerry's trash.
Mocker
KevinTheOmnivore is probably a spambot
Old Oct 4th, 2004, 12:39 PM       
October surprise.

FS is probably a spambot
Old Oct 4th, 2004, 12:41 PM       
Phil Collins.
Stone Pants Rabbit
Cosmo Electrolux is probably a spambot
Old Oct 4th, 2004, 12:42 PM       
I still think they'll produce Bin Laden....or bring back Milton Berle....those fucking insidious monsters.....
=======

Preechr is probably a spambot
Old Oct 4th, 2004, 12:44 PM       
MASHED MOFFETERS!!!

I MEAN, MIXED MESSAGES!!!

How can someone who obviously thinks so much of their ideas have so little respect for expressing them? How can someone who so yearns to be taken seriously make so little effort?!
=======

Old Oct 4th, 2004, 12:50 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinTheOmnivore
October surprise.
Isn't that scheduled for this Saturday?

How can someone who obviously thinks so much of their ideas have so little respect for expressing them? How can someone who so yearns to be taken seriously make so little effort?!
The Center Square
Brandon is probably a spambot
Old Oct 4th, 2004, 01:34 PM       
All I know is that Rush Limbaugh was going apeshit today.
Rating: Yes.
Spectre X is probably a spambot
Old Oct 4th, 2004, 03:14 PM       
I predict COCKS COCKS AND COCKS.

Anonymous is probably a spambot
Old Oct 4th, 2004, 04:45 PM       
I predict Kerry will be pictured getting another purple heart from the bullet shrapnel when he plugs another innocent in the back. While they're fleeing. Which means that not only are their bones made of metal, but he's using jacketed hollow-point rounds (which aren't used in the military), and the guy was in a loving embrace with him before turning and taking the one step that would be required for this to happen.

And that hug? Totally gay, too.
Ronnie Raygun is probably a spambot
Old Oct 5th, 2004, 09:13 AM       
This poll????!!!???

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...-2004Oct4.html

Bush Has 5-Point Lead in New Poll

By Richard Morin and Christopher Muste
Washington Post Staff Writers
Tuesday, October 5, 2004; Page A06

President Bush continues to lead Sen. John F. Kerry among likely voters despite surging enthusiasm for Kerry among Democrats and new doubts about whether the president has a clear plan to deal with terrorism and the situation in Iraq, according to a Washington Post tracking poll.

In the aftermath of last week's debate, Bush leads Kerry 51 percent to 46 percent among those most likely to vote, according to polling conducted Friday through Sunday. Independent candidate Ralph Nader claims 1 percent of the hypothetical vote. But Bush held only a three-point advantage among all registered voters, down from seven points in a Post-ABC News survey conducted before the debate.

A total of 1,470 registered voters were interviewed, including 1,169 who were determined to be likely voters. The margin of sampling error for results based on either sample is plus or minus three percentage points.

By a ratio of more than 2 to 1, these likely voters said Kerry won the first debate, on foreign policy and terrorism. The proportion of likely voters with a favorable view of Kerry grew from 39 percent immediately before the debate to 47 percent in the new poll. Bush remains slightly more popular, with 53 percent of all likely voters saying they had a favorable impression of him.

Half of Kerry's voters say they are "very enthusiastic" about their candidate, up eight points since before the debate. The share of Bush voters who were similarly excited about their candidate dropped by eight points, to 57 percent.

Kerry made inroads on dealing with Iraq and terrorism during the first debate. According to the survey, 51 percent of all voters said Bush has a "clear plan" for Iraq, down from 55 percent before the debate; 42 percent said Kerry has a plan for Iraq -- a five-point increase. Similarly, those who believed Bush had a clear plan for handling terrorism declined while Kerry improved, though Bush still has a commanding 18-point advantage on this issue.

Other surveys released yesterday showed large variation, suggesting great volatility in the electorate. Polls by the Gallup Organization and CBS News-New York Times found that support for Kerry had increased significantly since the debate and the race was deadlocked. A Zogby International poll had Bush ahead by a single percentage point, largely unchanged from a pre-debate poll. But a poll by the Pew Research Center for the People and the Press poll found Bush with a five-point advantage, essentially the same as its survey before Thursday's debate.
Old Oct 5th, 2004, 09:28 AM       
No, silly, these ones.

"Polls by the Gallup Organization and CBS News-New York Times found that support for Kerry had increased significantly since the debate and the race was deadlocked."

Know where I copied that info? Right out of your article.

Has this 'volatility' in the polls led you to think about the posability of a Kerry win? Because even though that seems... well... impossible barring an act of God, being so certain of an outcome that you never even bother to think about anything else can get you into a lot of trouble. It's that old saying about what happens when we 'assume' too much.
Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old Oct 5th, 2004, 09:40 AM       
Isn't that the article that was in that other thread?
=======

Old Oct 5th, 2004, 09:58 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by mburbank
Because even though that seems... well... impossible barring an act of God...
See, that's the kicker. Who's side do you think GOD is on?

FS is probably a spambot
Old Oct 5th, 2004, 10:06 AM       
I predict an upcoming news story detailing how Kerry actually used his Purple Heart to stab the kid (that he shot in the back while he was running away from him) while he was recovering in the hospital.

Stab him in the BACK.
Old Oct 5th, 2004, 10:13 AM       
I'm thinking of, and I'm serious here, a Kerry is Gay whispering campaign. I think Fox news tipped it too early and too hard. It was supposed to begin with merely comments about manicures and a fake tan.

I also expect manifactured evidence on Kerry sabotauge. That's an old favorite of Roves.

As to who's side God is on, I'd say it's pretty clear he's rooting for Bacteria and Beetles.
=======

Old Oct 5th, 2004, 10:27 AM       
That Silver Star would make a great shuriken.

I bet if had that kid to kill again, he'd whip his medals at him, sticking them in his back. Then he'd jizz all over the place bacause I heard he's GAY.

*whisperwhisper*

The Center Square
Brandon is probably a spambot
Old Oct 5th, 2004, 10:29 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by mburbank
I'm thinking of, and I'm serious here, a Kerry is Gay whispering campaign. I think Fox news tipped it too early and too hard. It was supposed to begin with merely comments about manicures and a fake tan.
Well, it worked against Ann Richards.
Mocker
KevinTheOmnivore is probably a spambot
Old Oct 5th, 2004, 12:06 PM       
I think they will attempt little October surprises. I think having things intentionally done to your own office has Karl Rove's name all over it (ie., bugging your own office).

Again, go read Drudge's top headline. Things happening to GOP offices.....