Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Music
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

distance is probably a spambot
Old Jul 23rd, 2003, 09:02 PM        favorite concerts?
i try to go to a lot.
i'm trying to go to 50+ this year. i don't know if that's reasonable or not, but we'll see.

my favorites (in no particular order):

04.02.02 - explosions in the sky - hole in the wall; richmond va
there were only about 20-25 people there.. small venue... great sound.. everyone was courteous.. it was one of my favorite shows

03.04.03 - godspeed you! black emperor - 930 club; washington dc
great setlist.. great sound.. no sad mafioso, but an otherwise good set. my recording of the show came out amazingly.

12.19.97 - radiohead - hammerstein ballroom; new york ny
live at the 10 spot show. it was a weird atmosphere with cameras on booms sweeping across the audience.. delays while waiting for commercials to end.. but i don't think i'll get the chance to see them in the future at a venue that small or smaller, so i think that's probably the best time i'll have at a radiohead show.

05.10.97 - the orb - 930 club; washington dc
nothing like the first time. blew the other shows i've seen of theirs away. don't have a lot more to say about it, though.

09.05.97 - aphex twin - 930 club; washington dc
i said it then and i said it now. i would quit my job if i could be one of the bears and go on tour with afx. despite working all day (and having to work all day the next day) and doors being at midnight and the show ended at around 4, i had a great time. the opening acts sucked, but it was all worth it.

07.30.00 - einsturzende neubauten - 930 club; washington dc
i find it really hard to listen to the albums, but the shows are like a totally different experience. i can't wait for the tour next year.

03.29.03 - godspeed you! black emperor - tivoli theatre; hamilton ontario
the show was a lot shorter than the others i saw on the tour, but the chaos of the venue and the atmosphere made it a great show and i was very glad that i went. unfortunately it was the last show i saw of the tour, so i was a bit disappointed for it to end with only a 1.5 hour set... but other than that, it was great.... it was also nice that at that show black dice finally decided to play some different sounding material as compared to the other 5 times i saw them.. .so that helped to make their set go by a bit faster.

11.21.95 - rem - the omni; atlanta ga
i'm not a huge rem fan. i didn't have great seats. it was the most interesting setlist of the tour. it was the final night of the tour. it was more about the experience of the entire trip that was so fun more than the show itself.... but i did enjoy the show.