Go Back   I-Mockery Forum > I-Mockery Discussion Forums > Philosophy, Politics, and News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Now with less sodium!

Immortal Goat is probably a spambot
Old Oct 12th, 2005, 02:09 PM        Pagans?
I know that we have at least one Satanist here, but I am curious to see if we have any members of Pagan beliefs, such as Wicca.

For those of you who are not Pagan, what are your opinions of the Pagan religions?
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Oct 12th, 2005, 02:54 PM       
1. One who is not a Christian, Muslim, or Jew, especially a worshiper of a polytheistic religion.
2. One who has no religion.
3. A non-Christian.
4. A hedonist.
5. A Neo-Pagan.

[Middle English, from Late Latin pgnus, from Latin, country-dweller, civilian, from pgus, country, rural district. See pag- in Indo-European Roots.]
COUNTRY DWELLER

You'll find most people lie in those boundaries ;/
Wicca isn't(really) paganism, unless you class it under the "Neo-pagan" which is basically a simple way of saying they are stupid fucks. Whatever you do don't invest any time in wicca, they are all liars and dirty sacks of shit. "WE FOLLOW THE ANCIENT WAYS" you'll find pagans who are usually wiccan often saying, but WICCA as it's known today(Gardenerian wicca) was invented in the 1950's, it's just a ridiculous concoction of various other pagan beliefs rolled into one. Also, wicca has two fucking gods(more, really) and most worship the female one which i find to be equally ridiculous, and not because it's female but because they limit themselves based on their childish nature.
Also, wicca's act retarded and never learn anything new. They prefer staleness and boring unprogressive thoughts.

You should invest your time in some "Real" paganism like shamanism or even something like yoga... just anything that doesn't practice empowerment through their ridiculously egocentric ways. There's alot of popular books out by a guy named Carlos Canstenada that you might find interesting and you can find them in any Barnes and Noble.
Although I have met some people who learned gardenerian witchcraft as a sort of precursor to what they are doing now and they seemed to have turned out okay.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paganism

they have names of other "Pagan" religions there ;/
Good luck el bucko, and if you want any information on something let me know and I'll find it for you.
BANNED

kahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contestkahljorn won the popularity contest
Old Oct 12th, 2005, 03:07 PM       
Actually, fuck all that and go get a book by Alfred Korzybski.
=======

Preechr is probably a spambot
Old Oct 12th, 2005, 03:52 PM       
I thought it was 3 Gods, 1 Female and 2 Male... :/

Old European Paganism is fun to look at because that's where modern Christianity gets most of it's seemingly senseless array of traditions and symbols. As for any non-entertainment oriented benefit to paganism, I guess, maybe... early work on the calendar?

How can someone who obviously thinks so much of their ideas have so little respect for expressing them? How can someone who so yearns to be taken seriously make so little effort?!
Mocker

kellychaos is probably a spambot
Old Oct 12th, 2005, 04:17 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preechr
Old European Paganism is fun to look at because that's where modern Christianity gets most of it's seemingly senseless array of traditions and symbols.
Maybe that's because the "origins" come from with humanity itself? It's just too much coincidence elsewise. :/

Just how many pagan threads are we going to start?

Wherever you go, there you are.
Now with less sodium!

Old Oct 12th, 2005, 04:31 PM       
I didn't know there were that many pagan threads here. And about the comments made about Wicca, I don't know anybody that falls into the catagory that Kahljorn put them in, and I know quite a few Wiccans. The ones I know are under no delusions of how "ancient" their ways are, and they worship both the Godess and the God, which is basically the way the older beliefs was.

Not saying that they are all like that, but the ones I know definitely aren't that way. I was looking into many forms of Paganism, Wicca included, but also shamanism and Druidic beliefs.
BANNED

Old Oct 12th, 2005, 04:39 PM       
"I thought it was 3 Gods, 1 Female and 2 Male... Oh Well "

"Also, wicca has two fucking gods(more, really)."

There's this stupid wiccan bitch I know and she always goes around saying, "By the Goddess..." [other person responds] "Because you know, there is a God and a Goddess."
Wiccans are so ridiculous(or whatever the fuck religion they call themselves).
The alpha male of this particular group fancies himself an alchemist because he can extract DMT from dmt containing plants. Also, they practice the, "Ancient ways". They all have big noses and an annoying nasaly voice.
One of them is missing half of his two front teeth and follows Poseidon, god of the sea. "MY GOD IS POSEIDON".
Do you want to become this, goat? Honestly.

*edit* Sorry, I didn't read your response. Yea, like I said there are some Good ones out there, I know some people who started with wicca who are doing good for themselves so I suppose it makes a good base.
You have to admit, though, wiccans like that are hilarious.

Carlos Castenada is great to read.. i actually have some ebooks and audio books by him if you wish to read them. He learns shamanism from a Yagui guy named Don juan.
I'd reccomend the art of dreaming. The nice thing about his books is that he writes some of them in the form of a diary(sort of) so you are getting to see what his yagui master said to actually teach him. The art of dreaming has techniques in it to develop lucid dreaming, which is kind of fun regardless of how far you go with it. He also has books like the teachings of don juan where he gets fucked up on mescaline/peyote and meets the great mescalito. He also does jimson weed.
If you want some more wiccan sources i can give you names, and I might still have some wiccan books in ebook format... otherwise I may be able to find decent webpages.
Anything else you're interested in, too, I probably have information on it. I'd reccomend looking into hermeticism and maybe gnostic teachings. Yoga, maybe even voodoo. most people I know who learned voodoo said their trancing techniques are useful and being able to trance can b e useful for any pagan religion.

Korzybski is just a great read regardless. You should look him up.
=======

Preechr is probably a spambot
Old Oct 12th, 2005, 04:47 PM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by kahljorn
stupid wiccan bitch
...and I think they prefer to be called "witches."

How can someone who obviously thinks so much of their ideas have so little respect for expressing them? How can someone who so yearns to be taken seriously make so little effort?!
Now with less sodium!

Old Oct 12th, 2005, 04:48 PM       
That definitely sounds like the polar opposite of thw Wiccans I know. If I had to guess, they probably wouldn't be considered Wiccan outside their own circle. The Wiccans I know believe that there are only two Divine aspects, the Godess and God. There are different names for them, but they all refer to the same beings. And they don't do "alchemy", they just know what herbs to use for different things.

So, yeah, sounds like you came across some creepy goth kids that joined Wicca just because they liked the sound of being a "Witch". The ones I know admit that their particular brand of Paganism is rather new, but they also assimilate older traditions into their beliefs, such as shamanism and druidism. That is far from being "stale", right?
BANNED

Old Oct 12th, 2005, 05:01 PM       
Sorry goat, i had edited my previous post check it out. While i was typing out a message I got called on the phone and we won a contest. Vacation package for two with hotel and dinner paid and everything.
I forgot what i was going to say, damnit.

Anyway, wiccanism in general worships the male and female nature of the world. It's not really such a bad thing to worship duality, it can actually be very beneficial.
Archduke Tips is probably a spambot
Old Oct 12th, 2005, 06:14 PM       
I only believe in vampire and the practice of vampiring.
BANNED

Old Oct 12th, 2005, 06:26 PM       
lol.
Did you ever read the vampire bible that Perndog bought? I stole a copy of it online, I find it to be a true teaching o fthe VAMPIRE FOLK WHO SUCK THE FLUFFY WHIPPED SOUL WITH REALLY LONG INVISIBLE TWISTY STRAWS THAT DO LOOPS AND STUFF.
Now with less sodium!

Old Oct 12th, 2005, 06:48 PM       
Quote:
Sorry goat, i had edited my previous post check it out. While i was typing out a message I got called on the phone and we won a contest. Vacation package for two with hotel and dinner paid and everything.
I forgot what i was going to say, damnit.

Anyway, wiccanism in general worships the male and female nature of the world. It's not really such a bad thing to worship duality, it can actually be very beneficial.
That's alright, Kahljorn. Thanks for offering those books, I very may well want to read them. And yes, those kinds of Witches are hilarious.

Oh, and Vampirism... lol.
Mocker
ziggytrix is probably a spambot
Old Oct 12th, 2005, 07:28 PM       
Eris is the only ancient goddess worth two shits anymore.
BANNED

Old Oct 12th, 2005, 07:38 PM       
Discordianism, ziggy?

http://www.principiadiscordia.com/

Read this one:
http://www.principiadiscordia.com/book/11.php

You know, i think everyone on I-mockery would probably enjoy discordianism. You should check it out, read their bible, the principia discordia. it's all about the goddess eris and her golden apple.
Resident Chimp
AChimp is probably a real personAChimp is probably a real person
Old Oct 12th, 2005, 07:41 PM       
I think pagans are even bigger homos than people who follow organized religion.
Mocker
Old Oct 12th, 2005, 07:49 PM       
which is why i love disorganized religion!
BANNED

Old Oct 12th, 2005, 07:53 PM       
I'm a discordian poop, no wonder why i hate you so much ziggy.
Rosenstern is probably a spambot
Old Oct 12th, 2005, 09:48 PM       
Quote:
There's this stupid wiccan bitch I know and she always goes around saying, "By the Goddess..." [other person responds] "Because you know, there is a God and a Goddess."
Wiccans are so ridiculous(or whatever the fuck religion they call themselves).
I really don't think it's that much more ridiculous than any other religion. Hypothetically, if Wicca happened to be the more common belief and not the monotheistic religions (a stupid thought, but hear me out), then someone going around informing people that there's only one male god would look equally retarded.

By the way, I'm one of those agnostic pagans.
BANNED

Old Oct 12th, 2005, 11:55 PM       
Monotheistic religions are just as ridiculous. I don't know why you assume I favor some other religion just because i trash talked yours at it's most critical point(the stupidness).
And congratulations being an agnostic pagan. Did you know the prefix A- means Without and the word gnostic wittles down to Knowledge? Without Knowledge? Again, congratulations.
Mocker
Old Oct 13th, 2005, 09:47 AM       
Quote:
I'm a discordian poop, no wonder why i hate you so much ziggy.
http://www.dreamspell.net/LKS/eris-frame.html

Virtual coloring book as a peace offering?

VinceZeb is probably a spambot
Old Oct 13th, 2005, 11:49 AM       
Quote:
Originally Posted by Preechr
I thought it was 3 Gods, 1 Female and 2 Male... :/

Old European Paganism is fun to look at because that's where modern Christianity gets most of it's seemingly senseless array of traditions and symbols. As for any non-entertainment oriented benefit to paganism, I guess, maybe... early work on the calendar?
Any reason that Old European Paganism couldn't have gotten it's traditions and symbols from Judeo-Christanity?
The Moxie Nerve Food Tonic
mburbank has disabled reputation
Old Oct 13th, 2005, 12:25 PM       
Hey you craven little she-male, go post in the thread where I call you out and justify your lack luster performance. Then maybe someone will help you out with a great new invention called the historical timeline.
Queen of the Beasts
Jeanette X is probably a spambot
Old Oct 13th, 2005, 12:32 PM       
Quote:
Carlos Castenada is great to read.. i actually have some ebooks and audio books by him if you wish to read them. He learns shamanism from a Yagui guy named Don juan.
I'd reccomend the art of dreaming. The nice thing about his books is that he writes some of them in the form of a diary(sort of) so you are getting to see what his yagui master said to actually teach him. The art of dreaming has techniques in it to develop lucid dreaming, which is kind of fun regardless of how far you go with it. He also has books like the teachings of don juan where he gets fucked up on mescaline/peyote and meets the great mescalito. He also does jimson weed.
He does fucking jimsonweed? Seriously?

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceZeb

Any reason that Old European Paganism couldn't have gotten it's traditions and symbols from Judeo-Christanity?
If you bothered to crack a book once in while, you'd know that Judeo-Christianity started in the Middle East and didn't fucking spread into Europe until long after Europe had developed its own pagan traditions.

That is such an utterly stupid question that I laughed out loud at it.
Mocker
Big Papa Goat is probably a spambot
Old Oct 13th, 2005, 12:50 PM       
Because Old European Paganism is older then christianity. And the Jews didn't really interact that much with European pagans. And the only interaction that ever really happened between christians and pagans was prosetylization, unless I'm mistaken, and since it was the christians doing the prosetylizing, I don't think the pagans would have a lot of time to be adapting their symbols into their own religions, since they would be abandoning said religions at such a time as they became aware of christian symbols and so on.
That being said, it's reasonable to assume that early Christianity, being composed of a lot of people who were recently pagan would have retained a few of the symbols and so on that these people used to have.

Also, becoming a pagan seems to me like a pretty contrived and inauthentic idea.